Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? (890 Views)

Four (4) Lies That Steal Our Self-worth / Corruption In Nigeria: Even In Churches, Ushers Steal From Offerings – PFN Chief / .::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by plaetton: 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/did-venus-earth-moon-wild-theory-lunar-history-173937770.html

This is Today's headline news in the world of science and astronomy.

For a very long time there have been different theories about the possible origins of our moon.

The original accretion theory has long been abandoned because of the simple fact that the Earth and her moon are so geologically different that there is no possible way the moon could have been accreted from the Earth's surface.
Another theory had it that the moon was a stray asteroid that was accidentally ensnared into the earth gravitational region and permanently captured.
Other theories have described the moon as being more like an artificial sattelite than a natural planetary body.

Sometime last year, a published scientific report floated the idea that the Earth very likely had more than one moon in her past some of which may have been captured by other bigger planetary bodies that came into our solar system in the distant past.

One thing that all these different theories have in common agreement is that our moon is definitely not from our immediate neighborhood.

Aside from the obvious humour , what is so significant to me about this idea that the earth might have stolen it's moon is that years ago, when I read the late Zachariah Sitchin's book " The 12th planet", he went to great lengths to show that this was exactly what the ancient Sumerians had written down on the cuiniform clay tablets of the "Enuma Elish" which had taken years to translate into english.

The Enuma Elish is the original Babylonian text from which much of the Genesis account was copied and abbreviated. It is believed that the ancient Hebrews came into contact and familiarity with the Enuma Elish during their captivity in Babylon around 650BC.

In the Enuma Elish as translated by Dr. Sitchin, a large planetary body which they Niburu and whom the Babylonians named after their custodial god Marduk, entered our solar system with 11 moons.
In the ensuring gravitational tug and pull, most of the inner planets in our solar system were affected in one way or another. Planets were pushed out of their normal orbits, moons were lost and gained, some smashed, some turned upside down, etc.

The asteroid belt, a large area of smashed debris between Mars and Jupiter, is probably the best evidence to support that a catastrophic did occur on our solar system in remote past.

Also, according the Dr. Sitchin's translations, the Young Earth lost four of her moons , but managed to ensnare one in that celestial battle of eons ago.

Though much of what Sumerians wrote seem like mythical fairy tales, much of what they wrote about our solar system have been confirmed by satellites and space probes. For example they listed all the planets in our solar system, with their orbital arrangements, relative sizes and color long before most the planets were discovered by astronomers. They had the colors of Neptune and Uranus 5000yrs before deep space probes confirmed them just a few decades ago.

So, the point is that thee are still so much more to discover about Our Earth, Our(borrowed?) moon and the other mysteries of our past.

Those who still believe that an invisible skydaddy created the universe 6000 years ago in six days have a lot to worry about.
grin

N:B
pic 1. Asteroid belt
pic 2. Our solar system with planets and their orbits
pic 3. The solar system as depicted by the Sumerians on a 5000yr Enuma Elish clay tablet.
pic 4. Our borrowed moon.

1 Like

Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 04, 2013
Heathen with different theories about the universe...SMDH

A big catfish in a pond would never know that it's been cultivated, until the owner comes for harvest!

THEN POINT AND KILL GO MATURE gringringrin

I see a lot of heathen being cut-off during WW3 grin Mod Obadiah777 knows better!

Zechariah 13:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

I see our skydaddy nuking heathen out of his farm soon grin
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 04, 2013
Lol. See selective jugdement! All in the name to deny that they their is something supernatural about them. Lol.
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by ooman(m): 9:07am On Oct 04, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. See selective jugdement! All in the name to deny that they their is something supernatural about them. Lol.

and there is something super-supernatural about the something supernatural about the natural. tongue
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 04, 2013
ooman:

and there is something super-supernatural about the something supernatural about the natural. tongue
Lol. I will cut that tongue.
That was not my observation though. What I am saying is, why is it so easy to accept the one that appeals to you, because it seems natural, and not accept the other, because it is supernatural, if both has little evidence?
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by Ajibam: 9:16am On Oct 04, 2013
confused people!!!!
see jargons grin
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by ooman(m): 9:23am On Oct 04, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. I will cut that tongue.
That was not my observation though. What I am saying is, why is it so easy to accept the one that appeals to you, because it seems natural, and not accept the other, because it is supernatural, if both has little evidence?

thats because one still has some evidence, and we can understand it, but the other, the supernatural is only subjective and deductive, there is absolutely no evidence for the supernatural, because that would immediately suggest a super-supernatural tongue
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by ooman(m): 9:23am On Oct 04, 2013
Ajibam: confused people!!!!
see jargons grin
—--
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 04, 2013
ooman:

thats because one still has some evidence, and we can understand it, but the other, the supernatural is only subjective and deductive, there is absolutely no evidence for the supernatural, because that would immediately suggest a super-supernatural tongue
Lol. You don't still get it. You are selecting the ones to accept because you subscribe to its method but rejecting the other because you do not subscribe to it
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by ooman(m): 10:36am On Oct 04, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. You don't still get it. You are selecting the ones to accept because you subscribe to its method but rejecting the other because you do not subscribe to it

pretty much yeah, because the other is only a belief system... tongue
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by engrtee(f): 10:37am On Oct 04, 2013
God placed it there
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 04, 2013
ooman:

pretty much yeah, because the other is only a belief system... tongue
Lol. What's the secret to this new method of reasoning? You are not trying.
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by ooman(m): 10:51am On Oct 04, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. What's the secret to this new method of reasoning? You are not trying.

empiricism and verification tongue
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 04, 2013
ooman:

empiricism and verification tongue
You are now an empiricist! Noted.
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by RayMcBlue(m): 11:43am On Oct 04, 2013
I never knew our mother earth was such a shameless moon poacher, so what else is new? undecided
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by plaetton: 4:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
Ray McBlue: I never knew our mother earth was such a shameless moon poacher, so what else is new? undecided
He he he.
Funny things happen when you think outside of the box.
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by DeepSight(m): 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
See the hand.

Wonder at the mind. Your mind. Then see the hand.
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
Deep Sight: See the hand.

Hey man. Glad to see you here again.
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by plaetton: 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
Deep Sight: See the hand.

DeepSight,
Ah ah. Long time.
How far na?
We miss around here.
We have a lot of discussions to catch up with.
Nice to see ya.
Re: Did The Earth Steal It's Moon? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 04, 2013
If only Christians will try to verify the Biblical Claims with Historical Fact.. but then again most Christians believe that Satan already put such evidence in the past to fool Christians in the present... you can beat a horse to shitt but you cannot force it not to say horse-shit

(1) (Reply)

Why You Must B Careful Abt REVELATIONS FROM HELL / . / My Demon Experience During Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.