Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:36 AM

Regardless Of Circumstance -winning Each Day Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Regardless Of Circumstance -winning Each Day Devotional (425 Views)

Post-dated Praise Part 2 - Winning Each Day Devotional / Swimming Against The Current - Winning Each Day Devotional / Why You Must Hear From God - Winning Each Day Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Regardless Of Circumstance -winning Each Day Devotional by PstWoleSoetan(m): 6:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL

2Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

Oct 2, 2013

REGARDLESS OF CIRCUMSTANCE

Elkanah was a man who loved God and who taught his family in the way of the Lord. The bible says "This man went up from his city yearly to WORSHIP and sacrifice to the Lord of hosts in Shiloh" (1 Sam 1:3). He, like Joshua, had made up his mind that his household would serve the Lord (Joshua 24:15).

As a parent, ensuring that your family is taught in the way of the Lord is of utmost importance. Imbibe in your family the culture of worship by practising it and by imparting them with understanding.

1 Sam 1:6 And her rival also provoked her severely, to make her miserable, because the Lord had closed her womb.

We are not told the reason Hannah's womb was closed by God. However, I believe that Hannah was aware that it was God who had shut her womb. It is therefore shocking to know that though Hannah was aware that her womb had been shut by God, she still accompanied Elkanah to the house of the Lord to worship and to offer sacrifices to Him.

Many today no longer have a relationship with God because they blame Him for certain things which have gone wrong in their lives. Not so with Hannah. She refused to be filled with bitterness towards God and continued to serve Him.

Certain things might have happened in your life which you do not understand but you must learn to move beyond them and to go back to the place of trusting God wholeheartedly. Understand that everything happens for a reason and know that God still has your best interest at heart.

It is time to set your bitterness and anger towards God aside and to worship God Him again with the whole of your heart. Reconnect with God today in the place of worship and allow Him soothe your hurt and pain. Allow Him comfort you and wipe your tears away.

CONFESSION: I am free of bitterness and anger and from everything which has stood in the way of my relationship with God.

PRAYER: Father, I may not understand why certain things have happened in my life but I choose to worship You regardless.

(1) (Reply)

You Must Not Go There / Should Christians In War-torn Countries Pay Tithe? / Are You Waiting To Be Called?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.