Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Car Drinking Fuel Like GARRI!! What Could Be Responsible??? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Drinking Fuel Like GARRI!! What Could Be Responsible??? (1085 Views)

Plz Help, My Car Consume Fuel Like Tractor / Should I Fill My Fuel Tank Or Buy Small Fuel Like Others? / How Nigerians Are Responsible For Road Damage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Drinking Fuel Like GARRI!! What Could Be Responsible??? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hi Guys,
Bought this naija-used Toyota corolla 99 VE, 1.8L I4 DOHC 16V FI Engine, auto tranny. I was running low on budget, had to even take a loan and the vehicle hasn't been helping with repayment lately.
Its been used as a commercial sorta arrangement in Lagos. Everything was fine at first, but third month in, its getting unbearable.
It started smoking(white), consuming more and more engine oil, it has about 240k on the odometer; check engine sign has remain on even after troubleshooting and servicing and now.. its consuming more fuel than ever!
The mechanics have tried everything from sealing leakages to/in exhaust to changing engine plugs.
Still, the problem persists. I am barely making even and with things not too rosy at work; this is my only means of chop-chop.

I need your help folks!
Re: Car Drinking Fuel Like GARRI!! What Could Be Responsible??? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
Use it to sow a seed to the Nigerian police

1 Like

Re: Car Drinking Fuel Like GARRI!! What Could Be Responsible??? by lonelydora: 8:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
Why are you complaining? Go and do a scan and solve your problem. Stop relying on Mechanics.
Re: Car Drinking Fuel Like GARRI!! What Could Be Responsible??? by elektra80: 8:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
U have a check engine light on, go and scan the car and post the code here, or fix it. That light is there for a reason and unless u scan it, mechanics are just going to continue draining u with trial and error. Mechanics will tell u only faulty injector can cause bad fuel economy but in real life there are lots of factors.
Re: Car Drinking Fuel Like GARRI!! What Could Be Responsible??? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
@lonelydora @elecktra80
thanks guys! much love!
Any recommendations where and how much it will cost to scan the vehicle?
Re: Car Drinking Fuel Like GARRI!! What Could Be Responsible??? by Nobody: 5:03am On Oct 03, 2013
Sorry guy, hope your problem is sorted, your topic is hilarious tho grin
Re: Car Drinking Fuel Like GARRI!! What Could Be Responsible??? by Nobody: 5:40am On Oct 03, 2013
@sniperinadiaper.
I had to get our experts attention at all costs embarassed
Problem hasn`t been solved yet. Hopeful though
Re: Car Drinking Fuel Like GARRI!! What Could Be Responsible??? by cardoctor(m): 8:23am On Oct 03, 2013
bybj: Hi Guys,
Bought this naija-used Toyota corolla 99 VE, 1.8L I4 DOHC 16V FI Engine, auto tranny. I was running low on budget, had to even take a loan and the vehicle hasn't been helping with repayment lately.
Its been used as a commercial sorta arrangement in Lagos. Everything was fine at first, but third month in, its getting unbearable.
It started smoking(white), consuming more and more engine oil, it has about 240k on the odometer; check engine sign has remain on even after troubleshooting and servicing and now.. its consuming more fuel than ever!
The mechanics have tried everything from sealing leakages to/in exhaust to changing engine plugs.
Still, the problem persists. I am barely making even and with things not too rosy at work; this is my only means of chop-chop.

I need your help folks!

"Drinking fuel like garri". Very funny grin.

If you already have the check engine light on then You must first carry out a scan on your car and submit the report to the forum before any viable advice would be given. It just makes things easier.

Your fuel consumption issues could be linked to an underlying problem with your engine emission systems. That's why the OBD2 protocol will always switch the CEL on if there is a fault in the system.

Please locate a scanning place close to you, scan and post the results here. Thanks

Car-Doctor.
Re: Car Drinking Fuel Like GARRI!! What Could Be Responsible??? by vaLasce(m): 3:58pm On Oct 03, 2013
Car-doctor!..
I jus got a nisan tida,2008..
U hv an idea of d engine oil specification?
Becos I nid2change it,
Also,specific gear(manual drive)oil for d car mentioned,
And general tips on aw2achieve maximum performance..
Thank u!
Re: Car Drinking Fuel Like GARRI!! What Could Be Responsible??? by vaLasce(m): 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2013
Anyone dat knws'bout nissan cars can pls elp me out...
NISSAN PARTS...u nid2com on here on dis1 pls..

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Mazda Gear Expert In Lagos / Please How Do I Apply This To Work Effectively? / Between Danfo And Volkswagen T4 Which One Is Better For Transport Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.