Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Vehicle Hitting Handicapped Street Beggar: Accident Or New Criminal Trend? (PIX) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vehicle Hitting Handicapped Street Beggar: Accident Or New Criminal Trend? (PIX) (849 Views)

Fayose Buys Handicapped Woman A Wheelchair (Photos) / Nigerian Fuel Tanker Crash In Onitsha Accident Or Terrorist Attack? / PHOTO EDITED Buhari Turns To A Street Beggar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vehicle Hitting Handicapped Street Beggar: Accident Or New Criminal Trend? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 11:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
Today while going about my hustle, I came upon a crowd after Oshodi under bridge (Lagos). I got close enough to hear the gist. I made to walk away, but decided it was a story worth sharing. I whipped out my Nokia 112, got into the crowd and took some shots - codedly.

Apparently a handicapped beggar and his aide (the guy pushing the wheel chair) block a car owner, accusing him of hit-and-run. Upon interrogation by the police, the beggar and his aide claimed the car owner ‘knacked’ him at a previous location and damaged his wheel chair. The car owner denied ever seeing, not to talk of hitting a handicapped beggar. As to how he was able to chase after a car, the beggar said he used “okada”(and there are no commercial bikes at Oshodi).

The beggar was offered N3,000 as compensation for an event that couldn’t be proven (he didn’t even have bruises), yet his aide asked him to reject it. That was when all the initial sympathizers began to suspect foul play. Omo the guy was waving his walking stick like a samurai sword. The crowd were divided over if there was indeed an accident or it was a new criminal trend, but majority agreed it was a new criminal trend.
Long story short, he collected the compensation after much ado and everybody went their ways.

Hmmmn, Year’s end don dey reach…people eye don dey red!

Re: Vehicle Hitting Handicapped Street Beggar: Accident Or New Criminal Trend? (PIX) by Illuminatus(m): 11:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
Who paid the 3k?
Re: Vehicle Hitting Handicapped Street Beggar: Accident Or New Criminal Trend? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 11:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
The Damaged Wheelchair..

Re: Vehicle Hitting Handicapped Street Beggar: Accident Or New Criminal Trend? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 11:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
Police interrogating the accuser...

Re: Vehicle Hitting Handicapped Street Beggar: Accident Or New Criminal Trend? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 11:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
The car owner going his way after the wahala was 'resolved'....

Re: Vehicle Hitting Handicapped Street Beggar: Accident Or New Criminal Trend? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 11:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
The beggar and his aide packing their "kaya"...

Re: Vehicle Hitting Handicapped Street Beggar: Accident Or New Criminal Trend? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 11:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
Illuminatus: Who paid the 3k?
The Accused
Re: Vehicle Hitting Handicapped Street Beggar: Accident Or New Criminal Trend? (PIX) by BabaEleko(m): 4:19am On Oct 03, 2013
Beggars too don dey steal. E times tins.
Re: Vehicle Hitting Handicapped Street Beggar: Accident Or New Criminal Trend? (PIX) by ifyalways(f): 7:33am On Oct 03, 2013
Its an old trick.
I've had an experience but I didn't drop a dime. Not when I threatened to crush the rogue beggar and his aide if they don't clear off my way.

Even beggars "wan" hammer. . . If mugu fall cheesy

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Hitting Handicapped Street Beggar: Accident Or New Criminal Trend? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 8:13am On Oct 03, 2013
ifyalways: Its an old trick.
I've had an experience but I didn't drop a dime. Not when I threatened to crush the rogue beggar and his aide if they don't clear off my way.

Even beggars "wan" hammer. . . If mugu fall cheesy
hmmm,nawa o! See free 3k o. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

APC Slams FG Over ‘plot To Break ASUU’ / Ayo Oke Appointed DG Of National Intelligence Agency / Sorry, But This APC Is Not Change.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.