Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,395 members, 7,958,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:28 AM

World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector (7515 Views)

I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan / Gbajabiamila Rejects Jonathan’s $1billion Loan Request To Fight Boko Haram, Prof / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by neupert(m): 9:55am On Oct 03, 2013
How does it affect those of us that sell generators
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by jammani(m): 9:57am On Oct 03, 2013
Mere illusion. Na 2day bilion billion sumtin sumtin insyd power?
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 03, 2013
Fresh Hurricane -- Soon the dark days will be over
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Teotihuacan: 9:59am On Oct 03, 2013
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.....
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by gebest: 9:59am On Oct 03, 2013
WE' VE HAD THAT B4 SAY ANOTHER ONE.
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 03, 2013
Thank you World Bank...can't stop crying!

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by samtheo(m): 10:02am On Oct 03, 2013
hummmmmn, Nija again
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by levelszik(m): 10:10am On Oct 03, 2013
But the time power outage becomes a thing of the past in nigeria,even the opposition parties would be forced to testify that this fresh air has escalated to fresh hurricane.fresh air till 2019

3 Likes

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by moshoodn(m): 10:13am On Oct 03, 2013
So $1 billion ~ #160 million can only generate a meagre 1500MW?

Is electricity that expensive to generate?

1 Like

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by lankieman: 10:16am On Oct 03, 2013
Abracadabra, our money name I'm dem dey give us, after dem go say we dey owe dem
mtcheeew, permanent slavery.

1 Like

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by kabarka(m): 10:31am On Oct 03, 2013
neupert: How does it affect those of us that sell generators
liase wit distribution coy and get a stake.
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by gbishman: 10:31am On Oct 03, 2013
World bank we are very thankful for this kind gesture may ur purse never run dry. Please world bank we in Nigeria would appreciate it if u could go the extra mile of sending monitors and inspectors to monitor the implementation of this funds i beg you world bank biko
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by flowales(m): 10:32am On Oct 03, 2013
Still Imperialism the highest stage of capitalism......Wish the govt can come out straight and tell us the conditions attached to this loan or fund no matter what you call it. Can't we do anything on our own without bretton wood institutions....You think world bank will just pump in funds without gaining anything. We still have a long way to go.God bless Nigeria. Ghana not as rich as Nigeria could boast of good power supply without the intervention on this western exploiters. Nigeria keep dancing to their tune. Ko wo je govt

2 Likes

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by cyril10(m): 10:41am On Oct 03, 2013
Most Yoruba guys here doesn't seem to like JEG and laudable projects. WHY?

1 Like

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by mrperfect(m): 10:58am On Oct 03, 2013
That will be a welcome development only if that will bring a good result.
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by talk2s(m): 11:09am On Oct 03, 2013
GOODLUCK TO U,
GOODLUCK TO ME,
GOODLUCK TO EVERYBODY,
GOODLUCK NIGERIA
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by gerald09(m): 11:11am On Oct 03, 2013
spenca: This is slavery ,soon power bills will be a big deal
Well yeah!!! What d oda option "No light" cos u dey fear bill, will learn how to live like d british, dem dey use electricity only when it is necessary. Nigerians will learn how to conserve electricity.
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by nairaman66(m): 11:33am On Oct 03, 2013
Anything involving the world bank is not a good idea!

1 Like

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by visionsen(m): 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2013
Up GEJ.

1 Like

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by ynk007: 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2013
I really do hope this is a positive thing and would put an end to our blackout days...however, anyone who has read the book "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" would understand my scepticism.
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by bigpastor(m): 12:26pm On Oct 03, 2013
TribalEAST: My dream is to share in that loot angry
You no serious!!!!!!!
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 03, 2013
TribalEAST: My dream is to share in that loot angry
You are a thief grin grin
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by hassymo5(m): 1:06pm On Oct 03, 2013
another money going down the drain....
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by emorse(m): 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2013
karl max: Posted by: Channels Television Posted date: October 02, 2013

The World Bank has decided to invest in Nigeria’s power sector with the sum of $1 billion.

This grant is expected to accelerate the post privatisation process of the power sector.

The international finance corporation, a member of the World Bank says it will make long term loan financing available to the sector because of the potentials it presents.

This amount is to be shared among three distribution and generation companies that won the privatisation bid.

IFC is set to provide financing to mobilize funds for one power generation company and also planning to invest in another power generation company, with further plans to support up to three power distribution companies. These projects will add 1, 500 MW to Nigeria’s grid and are part of the World Bank Group’s intervention in the sector, which is built into the Group’s Energy Business Plan.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/10/02/world-bank-to-invest-1-billion-in-nigerias-power-sector/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

$1b = $160b = 1500MW?
We still have a very long way to go o considering our total requirement. Na small small sha.
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Originalsly: 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2013
$1B loan/grant from World Bank? Nigeria would be better off with a loan/grant from the Mafia. Those celebrating....ask yourself why you will never know the conditions of the loan. When you get your bill just do not think they made a big mistake. I am not sure which will come first....repayment of the loan or the power generators become obsolete.
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 03, 2013
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by patriotic007: 3:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
Power is business and thank God GEJ has opened up the sector,....For those saying that the loan will be looted away,....this loan will be given to business men and they will invest it to pay back just like dangote wants to do,.....team fresh air benin zone,..:*

1 Like

Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by spenca: 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2013
uken73:

Why do you think so. If you have constant power, there will definitely be more hours to bill and of course, you will have to pay more. But even if the rate is higher, but reasonable, I thing it's still a good thing. Just be in a productive venture and you should afford to pay the bills.

Its not bou the increase in bill due to a state of constant power but the extortion of this due to the fact that those investors would be seeking for dividend or let the govt come out and tell us wah is in for the IBRD
Re: World Bank To Invest $1Billion In Nigeria’s Power Sector by spenca: 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2013
flowales: Still Imperialism the highest stage of capitalism......Wish the govt can come out straight and tell us the conditions attached to this loan or fund no matter what you call it. Can't we do anything on our own without bretton wood institutions....You think world bank will just pump in funds without gaining anything. We still have a long way to go.God bless Nigeria. Ghana not as rich as Nigeria could boast of good power supply without the intervention on this western exploiters. Nigeria keep dancing to their tune. Ko wo je govt

You seem to be the only one seeing this decoy the way i see it ,
I will always say ,great men think alike

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Briskila Solomon Dalung's Burial Is On Saturday February, 4th / 4,500 APC, GPN Members Defect To NNPP In Bauchi / Solomon Dalong, The Worst Minister In Buhari's Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.