Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Networking - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Networking (752 Views)

I Need A Final Year Project Topic (networking)! / What Does Computer Networking Entail? / Networking Three Computers, Can U Help?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Networking by babalolas(m): 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2008
please i really need your help. i have 2 laptop, p3 and pm and i use starcomms table phone for my internet connection. how do i network the 2 computers using just 1 table phone. ( by using USB )
Re: Networking by alex406(m): 2:32pm On Jun 28, 2008
Get a 4port switch and 2 lan cables,connect the starcomms to your Laptop and run a cable from the laptop to the switch,it will serve as the uplink and run the other cable from the switch to the other laptop.Try and change the speed of the system to 10mbps.I hope it works.
Re: Networking by uspry1(f): 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2008
Check out existing NL thread at below:

Help! I Want To Transmit Wireless Internet Connection.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-130232.0.html
Re: Networking by Blessed2k: 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2008
use a cross cable to connect the two laptops, then open network connections and share the starcomms network. it works perfectly.

(1) (Reply)

Research And Development / Opera 7.0 Does The Free Browsing Too! And Him Fast / Laptop Toshiba Stalitte Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.