Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,796 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

#PioneerArt ***There's A Hero In Diaspora ***SUPPORT & HELP ME WIN BY VOTING** - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / #PioneerArt ***There's A Hero In Diaspora ***SUPPORT & HELP ME WIN BY VOTING** (893 Views)

The Almajiri Who Became A Hero / Always A Hero You Are Papa- A Poem / Experiences and thoughts of an ex-Nigerian in Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#PioneerArt ***There's A Hero In Diaspora ***SUPPORT & HELP ME WIN BY VOTING** by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2013
There's A Hero In Diaspora

In the land of Arizona, lives a boy from Nigeria. His name is Jide. He was not liked by his parents because of his poor academic performance. He often got bullied in school. But he could not defend himself because his physical strength’s was very limited. He had this quote that has been his driving force admist all these, and that is ” You can turn off the sun but i’m still gonna shine”.
It happened that at that period in Arizona, there was these increasing state of kidnapping. One day Jide and his friend gathered to discuss how they are going to attend a friend’s birthday party. Suddenly, a large van pulled up and a few men came out of the van, tied them and bundled them into the cargo section of the van. Before that happened, Jide recognised the van as a Ford Econoline.
As they were on transit, Jide felt a liltle, tiny breeze coming in from a particular direction. He found a spot through which it was coming and he focused an eye. What he saw struck him as he recognised that location as a place once featured in a news report. Jide saw a ceramic plate on one end of the van, which he broke silently and used to unbound himself. Partially freed, Jide took the phone his friend had, dialled 911, described the location passed and make of the van in a hush tone. Haste paid, before one could say Jack Robinson, the police tracked them down and freed them.
That was how a young child, made himself a vital tool to the arrest of a dreaded kidnapper in Arizona.
Later Jide understood that confidence is the key to success at anything.

Hey! I'll appreciate if U guys make an input on this and possibly pointing out some weaknesses it got.
This a Flash Fiction anyway and shouldn't be more than 300 words.
Meanwhile let's all 2geda vote 4 this Story @ this link,..http://etisalatprize.com/theres-a-hero-in-diaspora/
plz dearies dn't leave here without voting 4 it thnkz..
Re: #PioneerArt ***There's A Hero In Diaspora ***SUPPORT & HELP ME WIN BY VOTING** by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 03, 2013
This work is licensed under a <a rel="license" href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/">Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License</a>.
Re: #PioneerArt ***There's A Hero In Diaspora ***SUPPORT & HELP ME WIN BY VOTING** by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 04, 2013
So the 7 views am seeing,all they did waz just 2 read my post alone?
Re: #PioneerArt ***There's A Hero In Diaspora ***SUPPORT & HELP ME WIN BY VOTING** by Popowaa: 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
Jide's name go soon finish.continue.As u continue ppl will start dropping their comments
Re: #PioneerArt ***There's A Hero In Diaspora ***SUPPORT & HELP ME WIN BY VOTING** by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 08, 2013
Popowaa: Jide's name go soon finish.continue.As u continue ppl will start dropping their comments
yeah! I understand U quite well but this is just a Prize for Literature Contest, Flash Fiction category organised by Etisalat Nigeria. It's meant not to be more than 300, that's why the story looks concise. It also happens to be my first literary work and am planning to go into the art once i get the support i need. So i'll appreciate you and others if possible, to judge the flash fiction by bringing out its strength and weaknesses also helping me to win by clicking on that link to vote 4 me.
It will be an honour to nairaland if most of my votes comes.
Thinking of frontpaging this anyway.
Thanks
Re: #PioneerArt ***There's A Hero In Diaspora ***SUPPORT & HELP ME WIN BY VOTING** by Popowaa: 9:43am On Oct 08, 2013
Bossforeva: yeah! I understand U quite well but this is just a Prize for Literature Contest, Flash Fiction category organised by Etisalat Nigeria. It's meant not to be more than 300, that's why the story looks concise. It also happens to be my first literary work and am planning to go into the art once i get the support i need. So i'll appreciate you and others if possible, to judge the flash fiction by bringing out its strength and weaknesses also helping me to win by clicking on that link to vote 4 me.
It will be an honour to nairaland if most of my votes comes.
Thinking of frontpaging this anyway.
Thanks
i just voted for u,but i think u shd open a thread,post the link there and ask for votes

(1) (Reply)

The Adventure Of A Righteous Norseman! / My Choir Master - A Story By Kolawole Victoria / Publish Or Perish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.