Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,036 members, 7,814,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

The Value Of A Nigerian Life - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Value Of A Nigerian Life (630 Views)

‘High Value Terrorists’ Killed as NAF Itensifies Bombardment of Sambisa Forest / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari / The Northen Nigerian Life! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Value Of A Nigerian Life by tatosh: 8:48am On Oct 04, 2013
What is the Value of a Nigerian life? Given recent happenings in the country, that is a big question to answer.

I recall over the last 3 weeks over 150 people died in Borno, 50 people died in Nasarawa, another 100 people died in a boat mishap on the river Niger, over 50 students were killed in Yobe not to mention the countless lives that are lost on the roads as a result of government irresponsibility and insensitivity.

With due respect to the dead,why is there so much grief and hulabaloo about the death of 13 certain dignitaries on the plane which crashed yesterday?

Are their lives more precious than over 300 people that died and got little or no attention and recognition from the government and the country as a whole? For me, I could care less about the lives of the family of this Agagu and the other Ondo state govt officials. They are part of the countrys problems anyway

Even the president, his cabinet members, governors and the national assembly almost put the country on a hold for yesterdays happenings meanwhile the over 100 that died in river Niger is just another newspaper headline.

I would love comments from Nigerians on this issue
Re: The Value Of A Nigerian Life by johnwizey: 9:22am On Oct 04, 2013
Bro, i tire for dis country. Only God knws hw many lives are wasted in a week in Nigeria. To dose devil's incarnate in power,our lives is nt value @ 20 naira to dem. But when one of dem dies, d news is all over d place. Mayb dis ppl has forgotten dat dere is sumtin called KARMA. Only God can help us in dis country o
Re: The Value Of A Nigerian Life by tatosh: 10:57am On Oct 04, 2013
^^^ Can't agree more
Re: The Value Of A Nigerian Life by bloggernaija: 11:26am On Oct 04, 2013
No value.
Nigeria is an animal farm
Re: The Value Of A Nigerian Life by tatosh: 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
^^^ LOL

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan To Step Down As Nigeria President Come November 27 / Nigeria's economy gets Fith's "BB" Rating / ASUU Strike Has Become An Annual “Festival” In The University Calendar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.