Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Beyond Static Websites ! So Whats The Big Deal ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Beyond Static Websites ! So Whats The Big Deal ? (981 Views)

Building A Static Website With Java: How Possible? / Nairalist Is Static And Dealfish Wants Monoploy, Own Goodluckadverts.com / Convert Static Website To Cms Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyond Static Websites ! So Whats The Big Deal ? by nacom(f): 10:48pm On Jun 28, 2008
I noticed all this noise about functionality that Afam decide to raise and was wondering if at all he knows his onions at all when it comes to the clamour for so called functionality or task driven websites as against simple ordinary static websites.

Quoting from the content on his website " It is no longer news that many websites in Nigeria are not really functional in terms of tasks users can complete online. A functional website should allow visitors complete as many tasks as possible in the shortest period of time. This is where we come in - functional, useful and fast loading websites for those that demand more from their websites. "

Now lets face it.I personaly do not have anything about his choice of words however were i find rather baffling a quite ignorant of him is the text colored in green which quite explains the reason be thinks in such a narrow path.

So my question is this, Is there a crime if as a client i want a simple static website where my visitors can just access information about my company and not bother about performing any so called task as you usually make noise about !

There is no big deal about having a dynamic website,especially if its the type of rubbish you usually post for testing here.
Over here at my school, i just had to take a course this semester that deals with Usability Studies as regards to Web Interfaces and if you care to know you are absolutely on the wrong track considering the high level of rubbish you churn out requesting for reviews.

My point is simple and clear, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a static website angry
Re: Beyond Static Websites ! So Whats The Big Deal ? by uspry1(f): 11:07pm On Jun 28, 2008
Yep! Nothing wrong with static, dynamic, or flashy site, it is based on client's preference what they want!
Re: Beyond Static Websites ! So Whats The Big Deal ? by Afam(m): 11:17pm On Jun 28, 2008
@poster,

http://nigerianauditions.com/indexna.php is a good example to prove that a site can be both dynamic (database driven) and at the same time pretty useless.

Who says there is something wrong with static website? You claim to be in school but cannot comprehend simple statements.

We lay a lot of emphasis on websites that will be able to solve problems not some sort of sign posts or visionless dynamic ones like http://nigerianauditions.com/indexna.php
Re: Beyond Static Websites ! So Whats The Big Deal ? by nacom(f): 11:43pm On Jun 28, 2008
Afam:

@poster,

http://nigerianauditions.com/indexna.php is a good example to prove that a site can be both dynamic (database driven) and at the same time pretty useless.

Who says there is something wrong with static website? You claim to be in school but cannot comprehend simple statements.

We lay a lot of emphasis on websites that will be able to solve problems not some sort of sign posts or visionless dynamic ones like http://nigerianauditions.com/indexna.php

I will never deny and admit that i had issues by quickly implementing an idea i had when i came for holidays last year but as i said i will get things right once i return.

How ever in your case never forget this that YOU are OLD and FORESAKEN ! YOU remind me of ROBERT MUGABE of Zimbabwe both of you are OLD, DUMB and UN REPENTANT IDIOTS angry
Re: Beyond Static Websites ! So Whats The Big Deal ? by Afam(m): 12:00am On Jun 29, 2008
Good, it seems you are learning, don't worry about denying anything, facts don't lie.

The problem is that we have a lot of people offering advice here and there and yet they cannot implement jack on their own websites or those of their clients.
Re: Beyond Static Websites ! So Whats The Big Deal ? by nacom(f): 12:06am On Jun 29, 2008
AFAM you churn out crap as if you work for a scrap factory and you want to recommend us to migrate from static websites to the crap you call functionality driven task nonsense below.

Not in your wildest dreams OLD man undecided .

Someone once suggested in an old thread of yours that you better quite web design and stick to being an Inverter Salesman.

Re: Beyond Static Websites ! So Whats The Big Deal ? by ztyle(m): 1:39am On Jun 29, 2008
See fight shocked Na wa oh! Static,abi na plastic site wetin concern monkey and Goat! una get time to wast to oh!
Re: Beyond Static Websites ! So Whats The Big Deal ? by brownbonno(m): 7:36am On Jun 29, 2008
na.com:

I will never deny and admit that i had issues by quickly implementing an idea i had when i came for holidays last year but as i said i will get things right once i return.

How ever in your case never forget this that YOU are OLD and FORESAKEN ! YOU remind me of ROBERT MUGABE of Zimbabwe both of you are OLD, DUMB and UN REPENTANT IDIOTS angry

This does not suggest intelligence as a student.Why not make a case for your argument than been abusive and disrespectful.What has the issue here got to do with Zimbabwe,there is no need joining 2 divergent issues without a correlation.As a university student not a gate crasher you should understand the meaning of LOGICAL REASONING and should be part of your intelligence package as a university graduate.Old age is a debt every on earth must pay.
Re: Beyond Static Websites ! So Whats The Big Deal ? by yawatide(f): 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2008
All,

Is this what this forum has resorted to: ad hominem attacks? Is this the benefit of joining this forum?
Re: Beyond Static Websites ! So Whats The Big Deal ? by mambenanje(m): 1:00pm On Jun 29, 2008
there is just no way one can learn or share knowledge in here because there are Gods here that seem to know everything and seem to understand every statement more than every other being.
We are Africans, and we have this in our blood, but it will change with time i guess
Re: Beyond Static Websites ! So Whats The Big Deal ? by neo2(m): 6:20pm On Jun 29, 2008
what that orphan, sorry afam guy needs to do is write a freekin' book!
Re: Beyond Static Websites ! So Whats The Big Deal ? by nacom(f): 7:20am On Jun 30, 2008
brownbonno:

This does not suggest intelligence as a student.Why not make a case for your argument than been abusive and disrespectful.What has the issue here got to do with Zimbabwe,there is no need joining 2 divergent issues without a correlation.As a university student not a gate crasher you should understand the meaning of LOGICAL REASONING and should be part of your intelligence package as a university graduate.Old age is a debt every on earth must pay.

Who made this a court of law that i had make a case for an aurgument ?

My points have been clearly stated about static websites ,so what else do you want me to say ? By the way are you from Zimbabwe or related to Afam or Mugabe by any chance ?

Try to understand genesis of issues before jumping to conclusions Uncle "LOGICAL REASONING" cos the fact still remains that Afam's plastic websites still suck no matter what you say tongue
Re: Beyond Static Websites ! So Whats The Big Deal ? by smartsoft(m): 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2008
chie Na, i really love you pass my mama grin @afam can you compare Nigeriaaudtions with your so called crapy website huh ? can't u see the cool web design there with good fuctionality, it all boils down to want you want on your website, i think i will take that idea, you beta of being an inverter sales man

(1) (Reply)

Www.moneymadesimplenow.blobspot.com / Press Release: Advertfarm Launches Beta Version / .ng Registration For $50,000.00! Is This A Joke Or Something?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.