Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

The Facts About Us - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Facts About Us (794 Views)

Knowing The Facts About An Affiliate Program / Windows Internet Explorer 8: Get The Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Facts About Us by Afam(m): 12:25am On Jun 29, 2008
The events of the last few days on this forum have once again confirmed the obvious about the web designers and web developers that make use of this forum. I have been tempted to ignore posts but I guess doing so before now would have given some of us the wrong belief that we are on top of what we are doing.

The following are facts

1. The quality of websites being developed for businesses in Nigeria remains poor, generally speaking.

2. Majority of us are experts at criticizing others, insulting others or abusing them

3. Quite a number of us who are supposed to be experts based on our claims have portfolios littered with other peoples' works

4. Those without portfolios are either bankers or claim they prefer to hide their websites for what ever reasons

5. Those of us that are programmers are still looking for good web designers to outsource projects to but I guess it may take eternity to see them as those that brag about their skills when called to task are no where to be found, they simply disappear or they come up with excuses why they have websites that are poorly setup.

I believe we all fit into one or more of the categories above.

Here is wishing you all good luck as you face the real challenges of web development as the bulk of the challenges are not on discussion forums but with the numerous clients and businesses that demand better websites.

If we can put in the amount of energies we expend on this forum attacking one another into building websites and web applications the sky would be the limit for a lot of you here.

And regardless of the name calling I believe there are people here who can make this change happen if only they can remain focused and do away with unnecessary rivalry and "my dad's car is bigger than yours" attitude.

Ladies and gentlemen, these past few days were indeed revealing and interesting.

Good luck once again and remain blessed (including the insulters and abusers)

NB: Considering the fact that many of us have been exposed what what we really are it makes no sense to continue to respond to insults from people, rather I will focus on real web development issues as there is nothing more to prove.
Re: The Facts About Us by nacom(f): 12:29am On Jun 29, 2008
Afam:

The events of the last few days on this forum have once again confirmed the obvious about the web designers and web developers that make use of this forum. I have been tempted to ignore posts but I guess doing so before now would have given some of us the wrong belief that we are on top of what we are doing.

The following are facts

1. The quality of websites being developed for businesses in Nigeria remains poor, generally speaking.

2. Majority of us are experts at criticizing others, insulting others or abusing them

3. Quite a number of us who are supposed to be experts based on our claims have portfolios littered with other peoples' works

4. Those without portfolios are either bankers or claim they prefer to hide their websites for what ever reasons

5. Those of us that are programmers are still looking for good web designers to outsource projects to but I guess it may take eternity to see them as those that brag about their skills when called to task are no where to be found, they simply disappear or they come up with excuses why they have websites that are poorly setup.

I believe we all fit into one or more of the categories above.

Here is wishing you all good luck as you face the real challenges of web development as the bulk of the challenges are not on discussion forums but with the numerous clients and businesses that demand better websites.

If we can put in the amount of energies we expend on this forum attacking one another into building websites and web applications the sky would be the limit for a lot of you here.

And regardless of the name calling I believe there are people here who can make this change happen if only they can remain focused and do away with unnecessary rivalry and "my dad's car is bigger than yours" attitude.

Ladies and gentlemen, these past few days were indeed revealing and interesting.

Good luck once again and remain blessed (including the insulters and abusers)

NB: Considering the fact that many of us have been exposed what what we really are it makes no sense to continue to respond to insults from people, rather I will focus on real web development issues as there is nothing more to prove.

OLD man why just SHUT UP and self-service YOURSELF to SLEEP ! undecided
Re: The Facts About Us by hanen(f): 11:35am On Jun 29, 2008
Wow, dude. You're either a very good attention seeker or you really can't help embarrassing yourself. After all, everyone else is wrong and your'e right! What fools we are! tongue Either way, keep doing what you do. Your posts bring entertainment to the Webmasters section for all and sundry! grin
Re: The Facts About Us by smartsoft(m): 8:32pm On Jun 29, 2008
i'm crying for you ooo afam
Re: The Facts About Us by origina9ja(f): 5:13pm On Jul 01, 2008
@ poster interestin topic bt kinda dump undecided
Re: The Facts About Us by webemerald(m): 7:30pm On Jul 01, 2008
@na.com

Na millionare u dey follow talk like dat, u know he just made 2.7m from a job smiley

(1) (Reply)

Vps Optimised Naira Web Hosting / Do You Read My Blog? I've Got Posts! / Etb Website Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.