Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,570 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

10 Reasons Why Your Business Needs A Website Or Social Media Page - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Reasons Why Your Business Needs A Website Or Social Media Page (462 Views)

So I Heard You Prefer A Social Media Page To A WEBSITE / Hire Me To Promote Your Social Media Page @ Affordable Price. / Why Your Company/business Needs A Web Site. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Your Business Needs A Website Or Social Media Page by okpismart: 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2013
1. YOUR BUSINESS CAN REACH A WIDER AUDIENCE: Today there are over 50 million Nigerians on the internet. This you know is twice the population of a country like Ghana. So imagine the impact it can have on your business when you expose it to this enormous population of potential customers. When you have a website, people can find your business when they use search engines such as google to search for information online. And a recent survey by Business Day Research and Intelligence unit places the number of people using the internet to search for information at over 35 million.
2. IT IS CHEAPER THAN PRINT ADVERTISING: Internet is the cheapest way to advertise your product or services. However, if you don’t own a website, you would not be able to make the most of it without any form of restriction. And when you upload your advertisement on your website, it stays there for a very long period of time. On the other hand, an advert on a print media will only stay there for a day, week or at most a month. And you have to pay heavily for it.
3. OPEN 24/7: When you have a website for your business, it simply means that your business is open 24/7 and potential customers are able to contact you and do business with you even when you are closed for the day
4. CUSTOMER CONVENIENCE: You will agree with me that it is far easier to get information about your business from the comfort of my room than having to drive down to your office to request for the same information. This simply means that if your competitors all have websites and you don’t, I would be more inclined to do business with them than you. You would simply be missing out on a huge chunk of potential customers
5. BUILDS TRUST AND CREDIBILITY: It is easier for a potential customer to to trust your business more when he/she finds it on the internet. This gives room for detailed research before decision making. Also if you have any awards or recognition, your website is the best and first place to showcase it so as to build confidence and trust.
6. PROMOTES YOUR PRESENCE: Even if you don’t sell anything directly on your website, a website is a very effective avenue through which you can easily place your phone and email contacts so that people searching google for local businesses might see you and call. This is even more effective advertising than yellow pages because much more people are searching google these than looking at yellow pages to find local businesses.
7. MARKETING COMMUNICATION: If you have just launched a new product or giving a discount or running a special promotion, a website is the most effective means of letting people know about this.
8. COST EFFECTIVE MARKET RESEARCH: If you want to get information about your customers likes and dislikes, your website is the best means of getting this information instead of having to meet them face to face. If you own a website, you can add a feedback system or questionnaire to your website to obtain this information fast.
9. COST EFFECTIVE MEANS OF ADVERTISING: Compared to other means of advertising like radio, newspaper, or direct mail, having a website is pretty much cheaper. You only pay once for the webdesign and annually you have to pay less than N10,000.00 for hosting. However, These is only if your website is a dynamic one. Therefore, you have to insist that your webdesigner designs a dynamic site for you instead of a static one. This is because, if it is static, you will be required to pay each time an update is needed.
10. PROTECT YOUR BRAND: It s very important that you protect your business name. if you don’t, someone else, maybe a competitor, might go ahead and purchase and register your company name as their domain name and when people search for your company on the internet, their website will show up and they will steal the business of a potential customer from you.
Finally, having a website is one thing, having an impressive one is another. Your website always the best way of making a good first impression on your potential customer, therefore, it is imperative that it meets world-class standard. So if you need a website company with track records you can visit www.ebrandpromotion.com or call 2348144297674. They designed my website for me.

(1) (Reply)

5 Under Construction Wordpress Plugins To Give You Unfair Advantage / Need Analytical Help On Web Page Www.cleanbeersystems.com / Pls Webmasters Abeg I Need Una Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.