Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia (5060 Views)

Nigeria’s Contingent To World University Games Expected To Depart July 3 / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia (2 - 1): Int'l Friendly On Saturday, January 4, 2014 / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by ritababe(f): 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
Abuja – The Minister of Sports, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, on Friday said that President Goodluck Jonathan had approved funds for a large contingent of Nigerian fans to attend the qualifying match against Ethiopia.

The minister told newsmen in Abuja that the president also expressed his readiness to support efforts to ensure a successful outing.

The Super Eagles will on Oct. 13 face Ethiopia’s Walya Antelopes in a first-leg match in the Brazil 2014 final qualification round.

“I am delighted to say that Mr President has given us his full support.
“He has approved funds for the NFA to ensure that large contingents of Nigerian fans are taken to Ethiopia for the game.
“Everyone who witnessed AFCON 2013 knows how vociferous Ethiopian fans could be; so, we are responding appropriately to ensure that large contingents of Nigerian supporters are represented.
“As Mr President has approved financial support for this, we are doing everything possible to ensure that we come back from Ethiopia with a very good result,” he said
Bolaji said that preparations for the match were ongoing and expressed the hope that it would be a great match.
“The preparation is going on very well, I speak everyday with officials of the Football Association and everything is going on well,” he added. (NAN)

2 Likes

Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by kennybelle: 10:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
Oga Jona approve funds 4 education as well, we‘re tired ov staying @ home o!

1 Like

Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by Mubby4luv(m): 10:00am On Oct 05, 2013
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by fingard02k(m): 10:00am On Oct 05, 2013
hmmm..we dont want al shahab here...so we should win them with max 2:0
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 05, 2013
well, lets hope NFA dont corner the funds.
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by elothaddi(m): 10:04am On Oct 05, 2013
hmmm, what a a clueless man and his priority embarassed
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by ebamma(m): 10:04am On Oct 05, 2013
fingard02k: hmmm..we dont want al shahab here.. Lets finish with boko guys first
young man u need to wear your glasses, this is what happens when u are not wearing them
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by elegungun: 10:04am On Oct 05, 2013
Nice one
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by lupey: 10:04am On Oct 05, 2013
Na wah oh! When ASUU is spitting fire
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by 9jawikileaks(m): 10:04am On Oct 05, 2013
He approved funds: una dey hate, if he did not approve d fund 9ja go loose, we no go world cup, una go stil hate... Can yu ever please 9gerians? Abeg ride on GEJ #upNaija. #freshAirtil2019

3 Likes

Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by Petbuk123(m): 10:05am On Oct 05, 2013
Owk
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by Hamazz1: 10:08am On Oct 05, 2013
We really need to set our priorities straight in this country sharply approved funds for a football match when resident doctors r on strike not to mention ssanu Nasu ASUU n Asup Nut r threatening to join soonest.

1 Like

Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 05, 2013
Almost impregnated a lady last week tnk God for sparing ma balls...pls approve our bill as well #TEAMASUU
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 05, 2013
Don't really know what to say. undecided But i've already booked a space. Anyways,

SPACE RESERVED.
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by Danhumprey: 10:22am On Oct 05, 2013
Up Eagles!!! cool
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by Sageez(m): 10:23am On Oct 05, 2013
a
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by ayusco85(m): 10:27am On Oct 05, 2013
Wetin concern M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥? Wey presido ₪☺ wan approve ASUU money. I wil only be happy wen i see "the president finally approves ASUU demands".
Click like if u are affected by this ASUU strike. smiley
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by fingard02k(m): 10:31am On Oct 05, 2013
ebamma: young man u need to wear your glasses, this is what happens when u are not wearing them
guy stop tackling me jare. Blame the useless ISP.
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 05, 2013
THE PROBLEM IS NOT TOTALLY FROM THE TOP
NOW THE PRESIDENT HAS ENDORSED THIS
THE PROBLEM WILL BE FROM THE VULTURES
@THE NFA
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by CGKing(m): 10:51am On Oct 05, 2013
Pls Nigeria pls, there are far more important things. Look at out universities, aviation safety standards, poor roads, no innovation to control traffic, poor standards of living.... I am tired of this country.

How many years something go be prayer point?
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by francis4real(m): 11:10am On Oct 05, 2013
@ Spenca it shows that u lack respect to ur senior one. Well my president will not die of plane crash cos I reject it, my be ur family will be the one to involved who knows.
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by Omexonomy: 11:13am On Oct 05, 2013
Their is time for entartaimemt their is time for sport time for eat time for assue etc. So because assu refuse to agree with the fed the fed should not sponsor anything like sport.
CGKing: Pls Nigeria pls, there are far more important things. Look at out universities, aviation safety standards, poor roads, no innovation to control traffic, poor standards of living.... I am tired of this country.

How many years something go be prayer point?
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by kgr8mike(m): 11:34am On Oct 05, 2013
President Jonathan has done his part, abi? Please na beg I de beg, let every other person do his own part. My part na to pray to God for a successful outing and performance. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 05, 2013
Noted
Re: Funds Approved For Nigeria’s Contingent To Ethiopia by oluplus(m): 11:50am On Oct 05, 2013
Mr moderator, honeslty I am not happy with you. what have I said that you hid my post?
This is unfair. You can hide this again. It's still welcome.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samuel Eto’o’s Salary Broken Down. Incredible Figures! / 1960bet Mathematical Football Predictions, Tips, Statistics / Arsene Wenger & Pep Guardiola - BEST Sporting Cloths [MUST SEE]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.