Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,849 members, 7,866,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:28 PM

How To Encourage Readers To Comment On Your Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Encourage Readers To Comment On Your Blog (496 Views)

7 Ways To Encourage Comments On Your Blogs By Mediapace / How To Make Money From Your Blog Or Website Without Advertisments / 20 Blog Post Ideas To Boost Your Readers Engagement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Encourage Readers To Comment On Your Blog by vowiski(m): 11:13am On Oct 05, 2013
5 Essential Tips To Get More Comments
1. Comment On Other Blogs

There is a universal rule of wealth and that is; the more you give, the more you receive. We can equally equate this phenomenon to your blog. To get more comments, you need to comment more on other blogs within the same niche as yours.

Doing so, you begin to expose your blog and most of the time; the author would be tempted to check out your blog. If you drop a very intelligent comment, you would most likely attract more people.

Do you know the author of a blog you commented on could also be your blog reader? No single person has a monopoly of knowledge, so don’t ever think that you can’t convert your favorite author to your reader. Sounds impossible right? But that’s how it works, you wouldn’t know unless you give it a try.
2. Hassle-Free Commenting System

Let me tell you the truth; internet users are lazy and they exhibit these characteristics when it’s time to leave a comment on a blog. I say this because I am that kind of guy; if I visit a blog and after reading I am slammed with cumbersome methods of commenting on a post, I make reservations not to spend additional seconds figuring out how to leave a reply.

The first thing you will need to do to make your comment area not off-putting is to dump every annoying comment captcha you have running on your blog. For WordPress users, you can learn how to stop spam on your blog. If you are using Blogger, you can use Disqus commenting System to combat spam.
3. Reply Most Comments

Continue Reading
Re: How To Encourage Readers To Comment On Your Blog by mavtrevor(m): 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
Call-to-action: Ask your audience at the end of the article to share their views, encourage them to ask you questions.
Re: How To Encourage Readers To Comment On Your Blog by omoelu1(m): 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2013
i think this also wouldn't b bad: ask some people u know to drop comment(s) or your blog. that may spur some of your silent readers to comment.

(1) (Reply)

Please Review My Website / Are You Planning A Website Design Workshop? / How Can I Restore Backup On A Shared Hosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.