Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom (3768 Views)

Seun Please Help Me Change My Username. / Seun Please Help Me Change My Username / How To Change My Username (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 1:09pm On Oct 05, 2013
I am a big fan of interior designing. Small or big budgets. smiley smiley

I always find time to assist family and friends where I can, and I always buy magazines, read books etc to add to my knowledge and ever increasing appetite of home decor.

Any one in the House who is a fan lets start a section.

@ MODS IS IT POSSIBLE TO CREATE A SECTION FOR INTERIOR DECOR WHERE WE CAN SHARE AND ADVICE. I CANT FIND A SUITABLE SECTION THAT FITS THE TOPIC.

ANYWAYS

I have been meaning to change my bedroom for sometime, thought budget has been my concern. I need to add a little bit of pizzaz to this room. Though I change my bedding very often but I always find it to be still the same.

Any suggestions on what I can do, especially with little budget and little space smiley smiley smiley.

What pieces can I add to the room to make it look and feel like my nest, where I plan think etc.

Pics attached, still trying to upload

INTERIOR DESIGNING FANS PLEASE HELP. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by immortalcrown(m): 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
Wonderful
Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
SOMEBODY, pls help me on how to attach larger files undecided

its a jpeg file
Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
[img][/img]

Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 2:58pm On Oct 05, 2013
view 2

Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 3:06pm On Oct 05, 2013
Basically my room is small. I do not have any pieces, besides my friend "MIRROR''

What else can add a bit of pizzaz

Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 3:10pm On Oct 05, 2013
view 4

the curtains are white, I did it because I do not have good lighting/ a nice chandelier. I like light in a room, I hate dark spaces, a room should have light, may it be through lighting or natural light coming from the sun etc.

Dont mind the stained carpet, though they made it hard for me to choose complementary bedding because of the colour.

Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 3:12pm On Oct 05, 2013
ALL INTERIOR DECOR FANS, LETS GO.

I HAVE VERY LITTLE BUDGET, FOR YOUR INFO. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 3:16pm On Oct 05, 2013
I have two straw pedestal on both sides of the bed. Just to keep my personal stuff.

The board on top of one pedestal is to keep my earrings, not sure if its appropriate to hang it somewhere, or leave it just like that( on top of my pedestal)
undecided undecided
Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 3:23pm On Oct 05, 2013
last view

Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
White color is a lil bit dull don't you think?
Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by disaac73(m): 8:14am On Oct 14, 2013
Any professional house interior decorator here?
Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 10:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: White color is a lil bit dull don't you think?

Not at all, luv. People have different preferences with regards to colour. What you may find dull, may be invigorating for the next person.

In interior designing, its very important to understand the personality of your client, the interests, age, gender etc. ( thats part of psychology of interior designing )

I will share some of my experiences with you. I am working on this one particular project and some few, so very little time on my plate, so I will update you on this one

For interest sake see attachment. Though its just some common and some primary colours, some coluours are not included like natural / earth colours.

http://www.interiordesignipedia.com/paint-types.html

I am planning to share some knowledge in the closest future. Just have to finish my few projects, I will be back. Hope the MODs will allow me a space meant for house and home.
wink wink wink wink wink Cheers, coming back soon.

Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 11:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: White color is a lil bit dull don't you think?

As you can se above, I said I opted for white curtains because I do not have good lightings in my room and I love light. I hate dark spaces. Someone may love dark spaces. Eg. when designing for a single man, they opt for darker colours like, grey, black.

If you check the meaning of white, one of them is light. smiley smiley

Black people sometimes don't understand that colours bring certain energy in a room and to ones energy and mood and outlook towards life.

Thanks for your contribution though, hope to ignite your interest further than this. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:04am On Oct 16, 2013
Wow, I am already hooked, I love the way you described colors and with that you can tell a person's character by just glancing at the colors used in the house.

Thanks, m so going to enjoy this. grin
Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
Get wallpaper and ut it on one side of the room and change the side boards and hang the mirror up on the wall. U can have u white room but u cant always make it too white

Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 5:50am On Oct 26, 2013
[quote author=Mondisweets]Get wallpaper and ut it on one side of the room and change the side boards and hang the mirror up on the wall. U can have u white room but u cant always make it too white [/quote

Thanks, though I am not a wall paper fan, but I will consider it.

Side boards?? Do you mean pedestals Whats a sideboard? Isn't a sideboard what you get in the dining room

I just discovered some few areas that sell nice pieces at a cheaper price. Wetherley's etc.

Looking at my personality and my developmental milestone, I don't think a wall paper will give me what I want. undecided undecided undecided

But I think my bedroom will have too much influence of the attached pics.

What do you think
Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 5:51am On Oct 26, 2013
1 to be copied idea
The headboard is so affordable. In some places going for roughly R2000 ( +/- $200 )
The wingback chair is roughly R1500.00 ( +/- $200 ) can be supplemented with a tub chair as well going for almost the same price

Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 5:52am On Oct 26, 2013
2nd to be copied
I found the sleigh bed to be expensive. Though I loved it so much

Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 5:57am On Oct 26, 2013
These pedestals are also very affordable going for R1500 ( +/- $200 )

They have a whole lot of different types to choose from.

Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 6:06am On Oct 26, 2013
One of the cheapest version of the headboard. Very nice but, the bedding, just doesn't fit for me.

what I was thinking of is, I am likely to play around with earth colours ( browns, tans ) smiley smiley smiley and black ( maybe ) undecided undecided undecided

So looking at your wallpaper idea, I doubt if it will complement the headboard. Just picture it? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Thanks though. will keep you updated

Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 6:15am On Oct 26, 2013
I have also fallen in love with Animal Hide rug.

cry cry cry cry cry But Gawd, way out of my leageu. Too expensive.

Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:28am On Oct 26, 2013
chineloSA: One of the cheapest version of the headboard. Very nice but, the bedding, just doesn't fit for me.

what I was thinking of is, I am likely to play around with earth colours ( browns, tans ) smiley smiley smiley and black ( maybe ) undecided undecided undecided

So looking at your wallpaper idea, I doubt if it will complement the headboard. Just picture it? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Thanks though. will keep you updated
Headboard is that thing tha comes with the bed and dressing table, mostly three piece. But I love the picture you added though the thingy looks too warm, what about when its Summer? You know how hot S.A is during the summer season.
Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by chineloSA(f): 7:51am On Oct 26, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Headboard is that thing tha comes with the bed and dressing table, mostly three piece. But I love the picture you added though the thingy looks too warm, what about when its Summer? You know how hot S.A is during the summer season.

@ highlighted cheesy cheesy cheesy No luv, this is also called headboard. It doesn't need to come with bed and dressing table to be called a headboard.

I understand in SA terms. Alot of houses would have that type, where the two pedestals are attached to the headboard and not removable. With a matching dressing table.

Listen to the word " Head" and a " board" Don't worry, we are all on a journey of acquiring knowledge.

With regards to warm, your headboard material has no effect on temperature. People have leather couches in winter and summer. Leather is cold in winter but does not get warm because is summer. Does is make any difference?
Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by homewoxng: 2:23pm On Jul 05, 2017
chineloSA:
[img][/img]

Greetings Dears,
A good starting point would be to consider your bedroom colour usage. Re-painting is a way to go or better still use a wall covering like wallpapers or 3DBoards to give the wow feel.

If perhaps you go for painting, use more than a single color on your walls and stay clear of traditional primary colors (They are going out of fashion). Check this link i came across recently for painting ideas, you may find it useful too http://www.hgtv.com/remodel/interior-remodel/paint-color-and-decorating-tips

Also, If you are looking for where to buy home decoration in Nigeria. For quick addition of unique home decor items like vases, wall coverings, clocks, window blinds and general decor items. You will find all you need on www.homewox.ng/homewares at very affordable price.
Re: Interior Designing - Help Me Change My Bedroom by babythug(f): 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2017
What does your room look like now? Do you care to share?

(1) (Reply)

Correct Ways To Wear An Earphone (Pictures) / Top 30+ Research Project Defence Questions And How To Answer Them. / The New Shina Rambo As An Evangelist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.