Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,155 members, 7,953,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:56 PM

My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story (2119 Views)

The Murder Case- A short story / The Blame Switch - A Short Story / Life's Symphony: A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by priscasmart(f): 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2013
It was a beautiful morning Around Water resources area in warri. I put on my normal bathroom slippers, took of my hair net and entered my mum's room.
"Mummy, I'm ready, give me the money for the akara"...she complied .
I waited patiently at the crowded akara joint. There was something special about Mama Tega's, No one could ever have enough of it. My brother will always say "that woman dey use juju, she go soon confess". I always laughed at his speculation.
Tega! T-ee-gaaaa!.. Bring the beans na, his Mother yelled.
I was anxious to see Tega, I had always imagined he will look very fat because of his consumption of too much akara.
I was sooo wrong..A well built, Gorgeous looking guy came in with a bowl of ground beans. Wow! I exclaimed, this guy seems to be different from other warri boys, he's calm, and obedient...
My thoughts were rudely interrupted
Abeg...I don drop the beans o! No shout my name Like that again o. I didn't want to believe it, so I looked Around to know the source of the rude warning. I was so disappointed.
I collected my akara and started walking home. Hey! my friend...please excuse me!
I didn't want to...But I stopped ( The power of cuteness)

1 Like

Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by ERF: 11:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
Carry on dear . . .don't stop here. You are great.
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by Joy4mi(f): 11:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
wink continue pls, I'm ff
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:19am On Oct 06, 2013
9c and 4ny beginning... I love it.
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by Chimaritoponcho: 11:50am On Oct 06, 2013
sister continue pls u hav an interesting story here
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by randwise(m): 4:11pm On Oct 06, 2013
"My Warry boy~friend" It's like u got many boy friends! Each in a state and each City in Delta!...
Anyway, i dtey gbadtun ur stowry..
Thumbs up and don't fall SICK this time.. Ok?
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by priscasmart(f): 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2013
Thanks for all Your kind words of encouragements.
We eventually exchanged contact details, But I severely warned him never to come to my house or be ready to face dire consequences, considering the fact that I had a very strict dad and two giant sized dogs that were not afraid to bite...or kill!

Hello? who is this?, I queried the caller. Babe, na me o, you nor get my Number again sef? Tega asked. ooh! Sorry, my phone is having some caller identity difficulties. Hmmn! grammer! you be English teacher? shwoo? wetin sef. I was stunned, I wanted to ask if we were quarelling, because of his aggressive response. I'm not a teacher o! I replied. So Wen we fit see na, you know say I dey gbadu you, why you just dey do me Like this na? Sorry I dnt know When I can see you...bye. I hung up.
I almost laughed my stomach off, When I remembered his question. I thought to myself " this guy is very funny and he is kinda cute, very soon we'll be moving out of warri, maybe I could use him as a sort of time-killer".

The idea sounded Like a Good one, so I carried it out. Tega and I started dating. But I was soon to find out that there was more to Tega thàn meets the the eye, or even ear.
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by dynamo77(m): 6:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
WoooooW.....what a nice piece....pls continue...i can't waitsmiley
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by Aimedrey(f): 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2013
interesting!
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by fflamingo(m): 10:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
Following!
Teegar advocate
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by randwise(m): 6:02am On Oct 11, 2013
more pls...
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by ifyeky(m): 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Dis gona b an interestin thread
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by aprilwise(m): 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
Babe I dey jack ur story badly. I dey with u. Up warri
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by DisneyAngel(f): 11:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
Warri nor dey carry last,babe am following closely
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by Dhortunn(m): 12:29am On Oct 12, 2013
Intro-too-gbaski...i'm pitching my tent here!
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by Mirahcul: 3:27pm On Oct 15, 2013
wow...luvly write up...enjoyin yur story
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by priscasmart(f): 12:48am On Oct 16, 2013
thanks for the encouragement once more.
This is the concluding part of d story..
Tega and I eventually became a couple, one that was envied by his friends and mine.
We were 1 month gone but I still hadn't told him we were moving out soon.
Tega called me to meet him at a supermarket around the street. Since my dad wasn't home,I obliged. I had never been to his house, because I was scared of being raped, my mother would always tell me " if you follow a man to his house alone,he will rape you and then you will get pregnant, and your daddy will kill you, remember he has three other daughters " I began to remember this advice on my way to the supermarket. On getting there, Tega persuaded me to go with him further down the street. I was scared, so I declined.
"wetin sef? ehn? no be my babe you be? why you com dey gyrate because I talk say make you follow me? " replied a furious Tega. He had a really cute frown(or So I thought ) and he had the habit of bursting out in pidgin when angered. I agreed to follow him after he apologized. The farther we walked, the louder my mum's voice began to sound in my head.
Eventually, we got to our destination ; a wedding dress shop.
He pointed at the Jewellery section and asked me to make my choice. I reluctantly Did,because I wasn't in the habit of taking gifts from guys. Since he was my very first boyfriend, I obliged. I was surprised at his gesture, I felt like a queen. On our way our of the shop,he pointed at a wedding dress and said "that's the next thing am gonna get you".
Few days later. I saw Tega at a recording studio, he said he was working on producing a single. He had a darn good voice, but I had a problem with his song lyrics, they were all about swag and money. I teased him about this. We laughed over it. I felt really comfortable around him, he had a lot of light in him, he was a really nice guy. I changed my plan to use him as a time killer, I fell in love with him..But I noticed he was always in a hurry to do things.
It was two weeks before were to move. I called Tega ,but unlike him,there was no response. After 2 days, I decided to pay him a visit.
I still shiver when I remember what I was told that day . Tega is dead! he died because he had leukemia.... his mourning mother replied.
I couldn't believe it,my love was gone just like that. His mother brought a note he left for me .it read:
" Mrs English teacher, fear -fear smalli, I love u sha. Thank you for putting light in my life, you're the seewtest thing ,since my mother's akara. Wish we didn't have to end this way"

we eventually moved out ,but I learnt something from my experience with Tega.
" Never be with someone just to use and dump them, always show love to those who love you. You Never can tell when they will go".

Thank you all for your time.
please vote for my story by clicking the link in my signature. It's a short fiction titled Amina's revenge. Enjoy and vote!
Thanks

6 Likes

Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by Joy4mi(f): 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
i av voted for u,i pray u win
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by oluwaeric(m): 5:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
priscasmart: thanks for the encouragement once more.
This is the concluding part of d story..
Tega and I eventually became a couple, one that was envied by his friends and mine.
We were 1 month gone but I still hadn't told him we were moving out soon.
Tega called me to meet him at a supermarket around the street. Since my dad wasn't home,I obliged. I had never been to his house, because I was scared of being raped, my mother would always tell me " if you follow a man to his house alone,he will rape you and then you will get pregnant, and your daddy will kill you, remember he has three other daughters " I began to remember this advice on my way to the supermarket. On getting there, Tega persuaded me to go with him further down the street. I was scared, so I declined.
"wetin sef? ehn? no be my babe you be? why you com dey gyrate because I talk say make you follow me? " replied a furious Tega. He had a really cute frown(or So I thought ) and he had the habit of bursting out in pidgin when angered. I agreed to follow him after he apologized. The farther we walked, the louder my mum's voice began to sound in my head.
Eventually, we got to our destination ; a wedding dress shop.
He pointed at the Jewellery section and asked me to make my choice. I reluctantly Did,because I wasn't in the habit of taking gifts from guys. Since he was my very first boyfriend, I obliged. I was surprised at his gesture, I felt like a queen. On our way our of the shop,he pointed at a wedding dress and said "that's the next thing am gonna get you".
Few days later. I saw Tega at a recording studio, he said he was working on producing a single. He had a darn good voice, but I had a problem with his song lyrics, they were all about swag and money. I teased him about this. We laughed over it. I felt really comfortable around him, he had a lot of light in him, he was a really nice guy. I changed my plan to use him as a time killer, I fell in love with him..But I noticed he was always in a hurry to do things.
It was two weeks before were to move. I called Tega ,but unlike him,there was no response. After 2 days, I decided to pay him a visit.
I still shiver when I remember what I was told that day . Tega is dead! he died because he had leukemia.... his mourning mother replied.
I couldn't believe it,my love was gone just like that. His mother brought a note he left for me .it read:
" Mrs English teacher, fear -fear smalli, I love u sha. Thank you for putting light in my life, you're the seewtest thing ,since my mother's akara. Wish we didn't have to end this way"

we eventually moved out ,but I learnt something from my experience with Tega.
" Never be with someone just to use and dump them, always show love to those who love you. You Never can tell when they will go".

Thank you all for your time.
please vote for my story by clicking the link in my signature. It's a short fiction titled Amina's revenge. Enjoy and vote!
Thanks
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by priscasmart(f): 11:18am On Oct 17, 2013
@Joy...
Thanks
Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by Dhortunn(m): 5:45pm On Oct 17, 2013
whoop! whoop! That was a great piece dearie, off to vote...

1 Like

Re: My Warri Boyfriend-a Short Story by ugochukwu360(m): 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
Wow dis story of urs is so touching yet entertaining.., as for me i av dis soft spot 4 warri pple.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Short Story''the Angel And The Monk'' / The Man I Married - Episode 5 / Myth Debunked: Samuel Crowther's Book Written By Sierra Leonian Igbo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.