Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,262 members, 7,815,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

For All The Bykers & Lovers of speed>>> MTT Y2K: The Turbine Powered Superbike! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / For All The Bykers & Lovers of speed>>> MTT Y2K: The Turbine Powered Superbike! (4444 Views)

Honda CBR1000 Superbike For Sale!! / For Lovers Of Mercedes Benz C Class / Superbike! New Honda Cbr 600 Rr For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For All The Bykers & Lovers of speed>>> MTT Y2K: The Turbine Powered Superbike! by johnwell(m): 12:18pm On Oct 06, 2013
There are motorcycles and then there are legends and then, there is the MTT Y2K. What is so special about this motorcycle you ask? Nothing much, just that’s it’s the most powerful production bike in the world and the first turbine-powered street legal motorcycle.
Yes you read that right; the Turbine Superbike is powered by well, a turbine! To be more specific it is powered by a Rolls Royce-Allison gas turbine engine that makes an outrageous 320 Bhp of power at 52,000 Rpm and a preposterous 575.88 Nm of torque at 2,000 Rpm! If you ever find enough clear roads on planet earth you will hit a top speed of 365 Kmph, if you do not die of a heart attack before it, that is!

Re: For All The Bykers & Lovers of speed>>> MTT Y2K: The Turbine Powered Superbike! by johnwell(m): 12:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
That however is a thing of the past because MTT’s latest model, the Turbine STREETFIGHTER™ has all the features of the Turbine Superbike and more. It has a larger swing-arm, a Pirelli Diablo 240 rear tyre, a larger fuel tank and a more effective cooling system. The icing on the cake however is the optional engine upgrade. If that already monstrous 320 Bhp turbine engine seems a bit underpowered to you, you can get upgrade to a 420 Bhp turbine engine.
That will give around 677.5 Nm of torque; roughly 100 Nm more than the 320 Bhp variant; a burnout with that engine should be able to dig a hole into hell and back. This bike is a 2-speed, automatic so in layman terms you have two modes: “stationary” and “may God be with you at such speeds.

Re: For All The Bykers & Lovers of speed>>> MTT Y2K: The Turbine Powered Superbike! by johnwell(m): 12:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
The MTT Turbine Streetfighter sports carbon fiber fairings, a tubular aluminum frame and comes with a rear-mounted camera with an LCD colour display up front. It also has a computerized ignition system called Smart Start. In addition, it has the ability to run on either Jet fuel A1, Kerosene or Diesel. Only five of these bikes are made in a year making this exclusive and hard to get ones hands on, even if you could afford one! The Turbine Superbike costs $175,000 (USD), aprox. N28M, which off course does not include duties! What do you think about the MTT Y2K?
Share your views below.>>>

Re: For All The Bykers & Lovers of speed>>> MTT Y2K: The Turbine Powered Superbike! by johnwell(m): 12:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
Test run; with a fighter jet,.... even up to take-off speed of a FIGHTER-JET!

Re: For All The Bykers & Lovers of speed>>> MTT Y2K: The Turbine Powered Superbike! by cuks(m): 1:15am On Oct 13, 2018
Hi, I plan making mine with my homebuilt gas turbine Currently undergoing test..
See video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffffbE-iSU8&app=desktop
Re: For All The Bykers & Lovers of speed>>> MTT Y2K: The Turbine Powered Superbike! by Blakjewelry(m): 11:26am On Nov 12, 2018
cuks:
Hi, I plan making mine with my homebuilt gas turbine Currently undergoing test..
See video..

check my signature, join the group via the link I think we should be working together

(1) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage And Husband Tee Billz Are Very Much In Love, Pictured Together At 20 / Newly Arrived 2012 Model Toyota Camry (toks) / Buy Cars From Canada And Save Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.