Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,312 members, 7,850,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:50 PM

What Is Your Say About Tongue Speaking Churches? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Say About Tongue Speaking Churches? (409 Views)

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / Rich Churches, Poor Members / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Say About Tongue Speaking Churches? by felzylix(m): 2:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
I am quite sure you must have seen situations whereby men of god speak in an unusual(spirtual) languge while praying.

I very much object to tongue speaking as we do not do that in my (catholic)church. Today i was invited for a service, in a nearby church, which i did. At first while the pastor was praying, i was faithfully responding(AMEN) until it got to a point when i had to stop responding as i couldnt understand what the pastor was voicing out. Now the question is could it be that god better understood the so called spiritual language than a normal languge?
Re: What Is Your Say About Tongue Speaking Churches? by VoteOutPDPJona: 2:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
felzylix: I am quite sure you must have seen situations whereby men of god speak in an unusual(spirtual) languge while praying.

I very much object to tongue speaking as we do not do that in my (catholic)church. Today i was invited for a service, in a nearby church, which i did. At first while the pastor was praying, i was faithfully responding(AMEN) until it got to a point when i had to stop responding as i couldnt understand what the pastor was voicing out. Now the question is could it be that god better understood the so called spiritual language than a normal languge?

According to Apostle Paul, an interpreter would be needed to enable those who don't understand tongue speaking follow up.

On another note, depending on the type of 'highness', a church member may flow with the man of God while another may understand or see it as pure craze. e.g my ganga neighbour walking past a church with the pastor 'vibrating' in tongue would think the pastor smokes like him grin

(1) (Reply)

Newest Trick / Is Tithing Just Another Form Of Gambling??? / The All Tallented Soul Winning Is On, Soul Movies Coming Up Nex''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.