Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,468 members, 7,836,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Can We Break The Monoploy Of DSTV? - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Can We Break The Monoploy Of DSTV? (506 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Break The Monoploy Of DSTV? by Omooba77: 9:00am On Oct 07, 2013
DSTV has just recently hike its price, the company has monoply of EPL, LALIGA, UCL games and so on. Why is it not possible to have competitors and make viewers to payless and have more value for their money......................................,but not a competitor like HITV oh....................Just thinking
Re: Can We Break The Monoploy Of DSTV? by femi4: 9:10am On Oct 07, 2013
Its not possible, DSTV has come to stay.....you just have to live with it
Re: Can We Break The Monoploy Of DSTV? by hammedkola(m): 9:14am On Oct 07, 2013
No competitor because pple like you, have the money but prefer investing abroad...that's all

2 Likes

Re: Can We Break The Monoploy Of DSTV? by bodejohn(m): 9:28am On Oct 07, 2013
It is difficult to invest and make profit in Nigeria especially when it is not Oil & Gas and construction backed by government.
The case of pirates and illegitimate tapping of signals is also involved, it will take a lot to be able to compete in an environment like this.
Re: Can We Break The Monoploy Of DSTV? by hammedkola(m): 9:35am On Oct 07, 2013
Then give the "lot" to invest...if you employ the right hands, tapping of the signal isn't gonna be an issue to deal with.
Re: Can We Break The Monoploy Of DSTV? by bodejohn(m): 10:07am On Oct 07, 2013
Me? give it the lot? Where will i get the money from?
Even people who you will borrow from are already subscribing to DSTv.
Re: Can We Break The Monoploy Of DSTV? by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 07, 2013
DSTV is a very irritating brand. I hope Nigerian gov and business gurus should teach them a lessen like glo taught MTN.
Re: Can We Break The Monoploy Of DSTV? by Tuntheycr7: 11:16am On Oct 07, 2013
We could bt our selfish and badt leader wudnt allowed that.
I remembered vividly dat HITV has been given DSTV sum lil headache back den bt now our govt didnt support dem so de are nowhere 2b found. I dnt lyk blaming govt bt in this case d govt are d only answer in many ways
Re: Can We Break The Monoploy Of DSTV? by yoji: 6:29pm On Oct 07, 2013
In as much as this pains me, it pains me more when i see how easy the solution is. If boycott them for only 6months, they'L change their policy towards us. Most pple are obsessed with football forgetting that matches will always be played even when we are being buried.

(1) (Reply)

Animated One Nigeria Video / US Rapper Wale Now In Nigeria / Updates On Nigeria Got Talent, Next Movie Star And Knorr Taste Quest With Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.