Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,817 members, 7,817,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

African Leader Endroses Mugabe - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Leader Endroses Mugabe (1062 Views)

92nd Birthday Cake Robert Mugabe Got From His Staff This Morning (Photos) / Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President / Mugabe An African Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Leader Endroses Mugabe by Jairzinho(m): 7:32pm On Jun 30, 2008
Jairzinho:

Africa's longest serving leader, Gabon President Omar Bongo, has given the strongest suggestion of recognising Mr Mugabe as president, saying "he was elected, he took an oath, and he is here with us, so he is president".  shocked shocked shocked
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7481857.stm

I tire,my people; I tire ! cry cry cry
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by presido1: 8:39pm On Jun 30, 2008
@Jairzinho
Why u go tire, if Mugabe is going to be suspended let them suspend Yaradua and Kenyan president as well.
Cuz all committed the same offence(Election manipulation)
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by Kobojunkie: 11:20pm On Jun 30, 2008
He was elected You mean there was an election on friday and he was elected People actually cast votes for him
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by naijaway(m): 12:09am On Jul 01, 2008
both of them(gabon and zimbabwe presidos) including cameroun, libya, egypt, and gambia are all fools that need to be told so. crazy individuals that are devils in human form. They need to be sanctioned by the rest of Africa for real.
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by kosovo(m): 1:56am On Jul 01, 2008
i weep for africa.
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by ifyalways(f): 2:01am On Jul 01, 2008
kosovo:

i weep for africa.
Dry your tears.!
everything is gonna be alrite soon.
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by Nobody: 2:08am On Jul 01, 2008
Its Omar Bongo, why is anyone surprised?
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by onyinye2(f): 2:09am On Jul 01, 2008
Kobojunkie:

He was elected You mean there was an election on friday and he was elected People actually cast votes for him

well there is a rumor that he threatened people with their lives if they didnt vote for him. but im not sure if it is just a rumor.
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by landis(m): 8:44am On Jul 01, 2008
Again, Mugabe has shown he is the master of the game.

Cry Baby 'MDC' shot himself on the leg by withdrawing.

Instead of listening to his masters(WEST), he should have done below:

1. Go to court to officially ask for postpone of election due to violence(to show that Judiciary is fair or unfair)

2. He should have mobilized his people to counter-attack Zanu boys.(Kenya: Odinga + Kibaki)

3. election was secret ballot; so his supporters should have gone and voted for him since nobody can see who they voted for.

This is lesson for would be Politicians. It is better to rig, win rather than be in position to be loser(fair or unfair).

Also what's in Zim is same all over africa from Nigeria, Egypt, Senegal etc.
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by SkyBlue1: 8:55am On Jul 01, 2008
davidylan:

Its Omar Bongo, why is anyone surprised?

My thoughts exactly. I mean, what else would you expect him to say?
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by redsun(m): 9:07am On Jul 01, 2008
The same way the leader of so-called number one world,george bush got his presidency.Election fraud is the same every where,be it third or first world.

Animal farm,all are animals are equal,but some are more equal.

In as much as mugabe is a typical black leader,he seems to stand out in his fight against imperialism which to a great extent is the root of all evil in africa
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by Jairzinho(m): 7:30pm On Jul 01, 2008
landis:

Again, Mugabe has shown he is the master of the game.

Cry Baby 'MDC' shot himself on the leg by withdrawing.

Instead of listening to his masters(WEST), he should have done below:

Interesting view,however,I don't think you have your facts right.

landis:

1. Go to court to officially ask for postpone of election due to violence(to show that Judiciary is fair or unfair)

You should read the genesis of the whole issue ,he has been going to court,including asking for the release of results of the 1st pll,have you taken time to check out what the Zim election laws say? His deputy is still in court on treason charges.

landis:

2. He should have mobilized his people to counter-attack Zanu boys.(Kenya: Odinga + Kibaki)
Odinga's situation was slightly different,his was essentially tribal. Odinga's from the Luo tribe(14% of Kenya)(same as Obama's dad),Kibaki's from the Kikuyu(20%). The 2nd largest tribe Luhya(17%) obviously tired of Kikuyu domination joined forces with Odinga & Luo tribe.
In Zim,they are both from Shona tribe(80%),which translates: Tsvangari's appeals to but not entirely limited to educated upper middle class(read white ppl) voters ,while Mugabe appeals to blue collar(now where have I heard that before? ) workers & vigilantes !

So you can't compare the two like that,tho'one should ask why the people couldn't revolt against poverty !

landis:

election was secret ballot; so his supporters should have gone and voted for him since nobody can see who they voted for.

Again ,you show your naivety(apologies),even in nigeria PDP convention in 2003,Orji Kalu & co accused OBJ of serialising the ballot papers,so they could trace who voted what,how much more Zimbabwe !

landis:

This is lesson for would be Politicians. It is better to rig, win rather than be in position to be loser(fair or unfair).

Also what's in Zim is same all over africa from Nigeria, Egypt, Senegal etc.

This is where we the future of Nigeria must begin to differ. What is wrong,IS WRONG !!

Once rigging becomes the norm ,it has a domino effect ,in that the 'elected' officials owe no allegiance to the electorate & they can stieal themselves silly,guaranteed they'll 'win' re-election.

We MUST begin to stand for what is true & return the power to the ballot.

But ,just like the Holy Bible states it succintly. . . . . . . . . . . . it may only come by FORCE !(Matt 11:12) smiley
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by noetic(m): 7:39pm On Jul 01, 2008
Jairzinho:

This is where we the future of Nigeria must begin to differ. What is wrong,IS WRONG !!

Once rigging becomes the norm ,it has a domino effect ,in that the 'elected' officials owe no allegiance to the electorate & they can stieal themselves silly,guaranteed they'll 'win' re-election.

We MUST begin to stand for what is true & return the power to the ballot.

But ,just like the Holy Bible states it succintly. . . . . . . . . . . . it may only come by FORCE !(Matt 11:12) smiley
seconded, adopted and recorded. articulate and well said

This is a gospel we must insist on at all times. with this message in the unconscious membrame of the average nigerian, the promised land is a few meters away.
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by lucabrasi(m): 9:03pm On Jul 01, 2008
both mugabe and yar adua are same 6 and half a dozen
@poster
pls dont quote bbc,cnn,fox news or any of these idiots what i heard was that mugabe has agreed to dialogue with the opposition and what the african union or some of them said was that the negotiations will be based on the opposition and mugabe's demand and not britain and its allies
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Jul 01, 2008
lucabrasi:

both mugabe and yar adua are same 6 and half a dozen@poster
please don't quote bbc,cnn,fox news or any of these idiots what i heard was that mugabe has agreed to dialogue with the opposition and what the african union or some of them said was that the negotiations will be based on the opposition and mugabe's demand and not britain and its allies

This from the same YOU ROFLMAO!!!
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by Blatant: 10:34am On Jul 02, 2008
Are these political anomalies not the same we constantly accuse OBJ and Yar Ardua of engaging in? So why is the world not up against them?
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by landis(m): 10:45am On Jul 02, 2008
Blatant:

Are these political anomalies not the same we constantly accuse OBJ and Yar Ardua of engaging in? So why is the world not up against them?

Because they are getting all the benefits they need from OBJ + Yara-ill.
grin cheesy grin
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by Jairzinho(m): 12:11am On Jul 11, 2008
Mugabe,abi na Mugambo. . . . . . . . .take your time o!
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by kosovo(m): 3:15am On Jul 11, 2008
not supprised.
just as expected. do they really have a choice?
Re: African Leader Endroses Mugabe by lucabrasi(m): 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2008
@poster
dont be tired of zimbabwe's political problem,when your country is in the midst of their own crisis

they didnt endorse him,they asked america and britain to back out and the opposition to dialogue with mugabe,when u think about it while the sabre rattling is goin on from america and britain and mugabe,economic sanctions, the zimbabweans are suffering and the best way out is to dialogue and if its power sharing then its better than killing and riots,hunger everyday, kenya did same and it worked out well even know we know who really won their election so whats all the fuss about?
i personally will look at other sides of the article than taking bbc's biased view anytime anyday,omar bongo is not the au president neither is he the only member

(1) (Reply)

Dreams From My Father, By Barack Obama / 2million People Displaced By Flood In Nigeria Says Cnn / Us Wont Sent Army To Fight For Israel If She Attack Iran Uniliterally - Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.