Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,520 members, 7,861,510 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:26 PM

This Watch Can Predict Your Death To The Nearest SECOND!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Watch Can Predict Your Death To The Nearest SECOND!! (739 Views)

What Shows Your Death Date Invented. / Watch That Shows Your Death Date Invented / Watch That Can Predict Your Death To The Nearest Second. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Watch Can Predict Your Death To The Nearest SECOND!! by infonubia(m): 2:07am On Oct 08, 2013
Would you like to know when you will die? Now there's a watch that not alone predicts when you'll die, it also starts counting down.

Introducing Tikker, a watch that was created by Swedish inventor Fredrik Colting. Dubbed the 'death watch', Colting calls it 'The Happiness Watch' and claims it has been designed to help people make the most of their life and cherish the time they have left.

"Imagine someone told you that you only had one year left to live. How would that change your life? For all of us life comes with a best-before date," said Colting.
While death is non-negotiable, life isn't. All we have to do is learn how to cherish the time and the life that we have been given; seize the day and follow our hearts.
According to the Daily Mail, Colting came up with the idea when his grandfather passed away.

How it works

Users fill out a questionnaire about their medical history (from smoking and drinking to exercise history) before subtracting their age from the overall results to get their death score. This score is entered into the Tikker and the countdown begins!

The top row of the watch's digital display shows years, months and days, while the second row counts down hours, minutes and seconds. The bottom row shows the local time.

The watch will be ready to ship by April 2014 and it will cost just $59 a piece. The design team created kickstarter account to raise $25,000. At the time of this report, the group has raised $9,657 with 24 days left.

Watch the video here and let us know what you think.

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/10/this-watch-can-predict-your-death-to.html

Re: This Watch Can Predict Your Death To The Nearest SECOND!! by albacete(m): 6:10am On Oct 08, 2013
omo dis na end time watch.

Truth be told, the watch is just there to remind oneself that time waits for no one. The prediction it will make as to when death will come calling will be a very rough estimate. Nobody (except criminals on death row) knows d day and time it will happen.
Re: This Watch Can Predict Your Death To The Nearest SECOND!! by gen2briz(m): 7:47am On Oct 08, 2013
@Op at exactly what time is yours. ......
Re: This Watch Can Predict Your Death To The Nearest SECOND!! by AbuMikey(m): 8:18am On Oct 08, 2013
Of all the technological breakthrough created by Caucasians and their likes,this should be the most stupiid invention of them all. Because :-

1)Its very much useless as shit
2)Its never gonna be accurate.

How can the scientist explain cases of accident,food poisoning,heart attack due to stress??
Re: This Watch Can Predict Your Death To The Nearest SECOND!! by albacete(m): 9:04am On Oct 08, 2013
^^ GBAM! this is just another watch, nothing special.
Re: This Watch Can Predict Your Death To The Nearest SECOND!! by infonubia(m): 11:53am On Oct 08, 2013
gen2briz: @Op at exactly what time is yours. ......
Ask me in April 2014, when the watch ships.
Re: This Watch Can Predict Your Death To The Nearest SECOND!! by infonubia(m): 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
albacete: omo dis na end time watch.

Truth be told, the watch is just there to remind oneself that time waits for no one. The prediction it will make as to when death will come calling will be a very rough estimate. Nobody (except criminals on death row) knows d day and time it will happen.
While I doubt the accuracy of this watch, I'm almost certain that it relies heavily on the user's health information and lifestyle. Remember it's a prediction. Some times it will be accurate and other times it won't. I wouldn't think it can account for anomalies like accidents, assassinations, and all sorts. If any thing, it'd be a constant reminder that time is of the essence and users can plan their lives better.

You made a very valid point though.
Re: This Watch Can Predict Your Death To The Nearest SECOND!! by Emmyk(m): 12:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
Reminds me of the movie -

"In Time (2011)" cheesycheesy
Re: This Watch Can Predict Your Death To The Nearest SECOND!! by infonubia(m): 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
Emmyk: Reminds me of the movie -

"In Time (2011)" cheesycheesy
Yeah...that was a good movie
Re: This Watch Can Predict Your Death To The Nearest SECOND!! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
Crap raised to the power infinity angry

If it can't predict how make billions LEGALLY and EASILY plus how our past POLITHIEFCIANS can be brought to book and killed, I think I'll pass.
Re: This Watch Can Predict Your Death To The Nearest SECOND!! by infonubia(m): 8:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
carujmonella: Crap raised to the power infinity angry

If it can't predict how make billions LEGALLY and EASILY plus how our past POLITHIEFCIANS can be brought to book and killed, I think I'll pass.
grin grin if there's a watch that can bring corrupt politicians to book, don't u think they'll just buy out the company that manufacture such watches? Lol

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland's Yabaleft... / Help!!! He's On Fire! / Seven Wonders Of Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.