Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts (15769 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by BlessedFellow: 3:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
What a shame!

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by daclint(m): 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
na so

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by blink6(m): 3:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
[quote author=ikp4succes][/quote]
You are Mouthed....
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Reski2500(m): 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
Huh, they always emphasized that education is one of d most important areas in d country,,,,

now imagine a whole country lyk nigeria,( d giant of africa # i dont even know where they are "giant" in) havin a tertiary strike for a whole 100 days -- and still countin we must beat the one they set in 2009 #109.

When its time 2 act see wat they re doin goin about doin notin as if notin serious iz happenin

wat an uncarin n unserious set of people (sighs)
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Frankharry(m): 3:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
AM AN I.T STUDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF PORT- HARCOURT,MY QUESTION TO ASSU SINCE THEIR DEMANDING 3TRILLION IS,,WHAT ARE THEY DOING OR HAVE DONE WITH THE MONEY THEY COLLECT FROM STUDENTS. FOR E.G
REGULAR SCH. FEES =45,000 YR 1 =78,000
SLT SCH FEES =79,000 YR 1 ABOUT 95,000
PART TIME SCH FEES=120,000 THE LAST YR 1 B4 THEY STIOPED PART TIME PAID 230,000
SANDWICH =80,000 AND MANY MORE COLLECTING AND LOOTING....THEY SHOULD LEAVE MR, PRESIDENT ALONE OR............GOD IS WATCHING (GOD PUNISH DEVIL)

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
blink6:
You've got a solid point,,,... but, I fear this kind thing in Naija o
1. getting the scholarship, will be a big problem, cos of the frustration from the giving body. Like i said in no 2 plus as long as u meet the requirements, thats is lack of financial backer and have good grades.
2. Those that will be put in charge of the students loan, will make u want to cry. hopefully they find someone effective to handle this, the students can compalin and they can fire the person
3. Do You know that students will abuse this opportunity? We got crooks... loads of them. The System is already abused already in naija and corrupt grin
4. I don't think Naija is ready for this kind of system... what could possible go wrong,Naija should embrace change, if not we will be in one spot forever
#Just saying.....
www.hintpals.com
blink6:
You are Mouthed....

My Brother i dey ground o cheesy.. Naija problems dey easy to solve but hard to implement esp wen u have these guys in offices.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Reski2500(m): 3:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
Its seems the thinkers re shy or the bold ones re not thinkers

naija.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
ikp4succes: Solution to Assu Strike: Govt should remove thier hand from the Education sector let the universities run by themselves or privatized. The money you will give Assu give students as loan to go to these universities, you can calculate how much the student parent's can afford then give loan for the remainder, the one that is smart u give them scholarship. Students will pay back when they find a job in their field, and you can setup an installment plan depending on their income. The only thing Govt should do is regulate the school fees and give money to schools that does research...that's all. ASUU will dissolve. The professor/lecture will only have to sign Contract with university they will only have problem with the university if they are not paid. Universities can lay off lecturers if they cannot afford. I promise you within 10 years, two universities in Nigeria will enter ranking and compete with Western Universities.
haba,what are u saying...before you will just bring an idea u must have a fact to justify that...in Nigeria today there are 3 categories of universities,federal,state and private...the federal universites are better off the private universities despite their huge paid...then y must u open up that idea that in reality it is .....(comment reserved)..tell me which country is practising that system and their acheivement so far....
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Luxiana19(f): 3:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
Will the billions of naira demanded by ASUU put at least one of Nigeria's universities on the list of best 100 universities in the world?

If it will, then more grace to their elbows and if it won't ,then may God punish them for suffering us like this.

#My Opinion.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by juman(m): 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
The strike is getting too long.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by ideyvexnow: 3:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
bheegsam: Today, the 8th day of October marks exactly 100 days since university lecturers decided to turn their backs on the lecture halls and their students all in the name of fighting for a 'turn-around' in the tertiary education system in Nigeria.

lol
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by wola44: 3:58pm On Oct 08, 2013
People we still go ahead and vote for GEJ 2015. This is very bad, 10 presidential aircraft yet student still at home. What a shame to GEJ
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
Habiz: haba,what are u saying...before you will just bring an idea u must have a fact to justify that...in Nigeria today there are 3 categories of universities,federal,state and private...the federal universities are better off the private universities despite their huge paid...then y must u open up that idea that in reality it is .....(comment reserved)..tell me which country is practicing that system and their achievement so far....

First of all Federal label universities should be scrapped and merged with state. The students receive loans to go to any school of their choice, it's left for the universities to make the school more nicer and conducive for the student becos they have the money to pay. Universities will compete to get students and will also thinks of ways to earn extra revenue. This current system is not achieving anything any country practicing it is archaic to the core.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
9ja i hail thee.....when will government stop playing politics with the futures of this nation? 100 days and countin, no skul diz year be dat go find work oo.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
Luxiana19: Will the billions of naira demanded by ASUU put at least one of Nigeria's universities on the list of best 100 universities in the world?

If it will, then more grace to their elbows and if it won't ,then may God punish them for suffering us like this.

#My Opinion.

Me and you knw that the billions they demanding if FG give them it will not reach the proper channel everybody will take thier own, and they will back in 5 months for strike. If FG pay ASUU The doctors union and other union will come and do their own strike asking for their own. The system does not work its time to change it.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
9ja i hail thee.....when will government stop playing politics with the futures of this nation? 100 days and countin, no skul diz year be dat go find work oo. #jstsaying
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by ibnakeem: 4:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
Thank God ASUU is 100 days old.... Remember sey GEJ talk say na 365 days Ghana's version of the strike reach, so let the counting continue
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by eluquenson(m): 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
cheesy

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by adepojuot: 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
ct)(:
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh first to comment
sorry, you are wrong,ur network provider Bleep u up.you are 100 to comment.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
God punish devil...
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by donphilopus: 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
The future of our Great Future Leaders is in Great Peril
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by sadeeeeeeq: 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
Did he president Jonathan Ever Graduate from a Nigeria University? i dont think so.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by legalcode(m): 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
MY SUBMISSION!!!! No fight nor war goes without sacrifice!! As the ASUU guys claim that they are just fighting for the students and not their pockets; Then they should make a sacrifice. I suggest that they sacrifice their monthly salaries starting from the day one of the strike and till its called off. Without this, they are maaking us to believe that this fight is for their personal pocket or politically motivated.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
otokx: Looks like there is going to be more days.

Obviously, the strike is not ending soon. Might take another 100days. God, have mercy.
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by jeronimo(m): 4:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
ASUU have turned the strike into something
else. They are just being greedy and self
centred. Yes,our educational sector may not be
at par with that of many developed countries
around the world but are we as wealthy and
prudent as those country? Rather than attack
and try to sabotage the government, have
they looked inwards and asked the school
management to account for the massive
income being generated through post UME
form sales, PGD, levies on students and other
mediums? Its only here you will find institutions
that charge tuitions, plus other bogus fees to
students and they will still wait for government
allocations at the end of the month to pay
salaries, pension and even buy diesel to fuel
the school generators. I am not going to talk
about the millions being allocated as research
grants with no tangible results to show for it.
VCs, Rectors and other senior staffs of higher
institutions are busy buying houses abroad like
politicians do and yet still have the moral right
to push for industrial actions. Well its not their
fault. The educational sector is just one of the
many sectors where corruption has grown
buttress roots but nobody seems to pay
attention because the stakeholders there have
"Prof" and "Dr" added to their name. God help
Nigeria

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by SBJoji(m): 4:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
idris4r83: Education is d backbone of any nations development. I c no reason why mr GEJ is turning his deaf ears 2 ASUU, ASUP, n SSANU's demands. A wise n sensible student will think twice before casting his vote come 2015. Is we the masses that are on d loosing sides as 4 them they have nothing 2 loose, their wards are in ivy leagues.

You're right my broda, if a student should cast his vote to GEJ den he doesn't know his civil right and is totally left behind..my fellow students believe me dat our votes alone can drag GEJ down..let's administer our anger by voting som1 oda dan oga @ d top
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by fabulousdame(f): 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2013
the ministry is moving to it's permanent site..
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by fabulousdame(f): 4:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
jeronimo: ASUU have turned the strike into something
else. They are just being greedy and self
centred. Yes,our educational sector may not be
at par with that of many developed countries
around the world but are we as wealthy and
prudent as those country? Rather than attack
and try to sabotage the government, have
they looked inwards and asked the school
management to account for the massive
income being generated through post UME
form sales, PGD, levies on students and other
mediums? Its only here you will find institutions
that charge tuitions, plus other bogus fees to
students and they will still wait for government
allocations at the end of the month to pay
salaries, pension and even buy diesel to fuel
the school generators. I am not going to talk
about the millions being allocated as research
grants with no tangible results to show for it.
VCs, Rectors and other senior staffs of higher
institutions are busy buying houses abroad like
politicians do and yet still have the moral right
to push for industrial actions. Well its not their
fault. The educational sector is just one of the
many sectors where corruption has grown
buttress roots but nobody seems to pay
attention because the stakeholders there have
"Prof" and "Dr" added to their name. God help
Nigeria
seconded
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by lemmings(m): 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
brain shutdown since day one..
Will be activated when strike is called off..

No thoughts right now.. Sorry!
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
ikp4succes: Solution to Assu Strike: Govt should remove
thier hand from the Education sector let the universities run by
themselves or privatized. The money you will give Assu give students as
loan to go to these universities, you can calculate how much the student
parent's can afford then give loan for the remainder, the one that is
smart u give them scholarship. Students will pay back when they find a
job in their field, and you can setup an installment plan depending on
their income. The only thing Govt should do is regulate the school fees
and give money to schools that does research...that's all. ASUU will
dissolve. The professor/lecture will only have to sign Contract with
university they will only have problem with the university if they are
not paid. Universities can lay off lecturers if they cannot afford. I
promise you within 10 years, two universities in Nigeria will enter
ranking and compete with Western Universities.

I think you didnt sleep well last night. How will the students repay the loan in this current rate of unemployment?
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by belicov(m): 4:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
bheegsam: Today, the 8th day of October marks exactly 100 days since university lecturers decided to turn their backs on the lecture halls and their students all in the name of fighting for a 'turn-around' in the tertiary education system in Nigeria.

Let's share our different opinions about this development. As an undergraduate, in what areas do you think you can benefit in the nearest future from the outcome of this strike? What are the specific changes that you think should be effected in your particular institution from the proceeds of the hundreds of billions been asked for by ASUU?

Also, is the strike still justifiable at this stage? Should ASUU sheath its sword and embrace dialogue? What can the student union bodies do to stem the tide of insensitive, sadistic and unrealistic self-seeking actions of the university lecturers year-in, year-out?
365 days of †ђξ year nd 100 went tew strike wah is left
Re: ASUU Strike Day 100: Share Your Thoughts by tbagjames(m): 4:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
Happy centinary celebration. With the way THINGS arr going i dont think this strike will END in TIME.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fed Poly Nas Nd, hnd, pre nd, PT and ijmb Form for 2013/2014 is On Sale. / Important Info About Pre-degree Programme In Nigerian Universities / Kagara: Abducted Students Will Return Safe – Niger State Government (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.