Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,917 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Simple 11 First Aid Steps For Snake Bites!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Simple 11 First Aid Steps For Snake Bites!!! (887 Views)

The Amazing Science Behind Fatal Snake Bites / First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies / Snake Bites Claim 51 In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Simple 11 First Aid Steps For Snake Bites!!! by Frabidel(f): 9:53am On Oct 08, 2013
Perform the simple following actions if a snake bites you or a friend -
1. Remain calm.
2. Immobilise the bitten arm or leg, and stay as quiet as possible to keep the poison from spreading through your body.
3. Remove any jewelry before you start to swell.
4. Position yourself, if possible, so that the bite is at or below the level of your heart.
5. Cleanse the wound, but don't flush it with water, and cover it with a clean, dry dressing.
6. Apply a splint to reduce movement of the affected area, but keep it loose enough so as not to restrict blood flow.
7. Don't use a tourniquet or apply ice.
8. Don't cut the wound or attempt to remove the venom.
9. Don't drink caffeine or alcohol.
10. Don't try to trace or capture the snake, but try to remember its color and shape so you can describe it, which will help you in your treatment.
11. Seek immediate medical attention!
Note-This is not a treatment,this is just a first thing to do... The last one which is No 11 is your treatment!
More @ http://www.frabidel.com/2013/09/simple-11-first-aid-steps-for-snake.html
Re: Simple 11 First Aid Steps For Snake Bites!!! by Eebrahym(m): 10:12am On Oct 08, 2013
Thanks OP, good job, I would have appreciated it better if u had come up with Simple 11 First Aid Steps For mosquitoes Bite!!! Cos I can't even remember d last time I came across a snake

(1) (Reply)

Guys, Can You Allow This During Pregnancy?(pics) / Abortion! Abortion!! Abortion!!! / NMA Strike: The Nurses’ Point Of View – Who Stepped On My Toes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.