Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Nigeria Through The Eyes Of A Keke Driver - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Through The Eyes Of A Keke Driver (1030 Views)

Accident Involving Keke And Bus Leaves 2 Abraka Market Traders Unconscious -pics / Keke Napep Bursts Into Flames On Abuja Expressway / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Through The Eyes Of A Keke Driver by SCubedstudios1: 10:02am On Oct 08, 2013
Commuting with tricycles –‘Keke’ has become a part of life for most people in living in Lagos. It has somewhat, replaced motorcycles-Okada, after its ban from major roads in Lagos.

That being said, I did not think that my 30mins journey from Ogba to Berger via ‘Keke’ would be anything extraordinary or out of this world .However, it turned out to be extraordinarily surreal, I saw the realistic impact of the downward sloping direction of the economic state of Nigeria, through the eyes of Mr.Ihiezuru-a ‘Keke’ driver who commutes from Ogba to Berger.

He has a family, who he fends for with an average income of N1000 daily. This would have been reasonably fair, if he did not have to ‘settle’ the ever ready to fight street urchins, policemen and LASTMA Officials. Unfortunately for me, I had my NYSC Uniform on, I seemed to be the object of his frustrations, because he kept asking me why I was serving Nigeria(like I had a choice) and if Nigeria will serve me. He went on his lamentations about how his younger brother graduated years ago with the best grades in school and is yet to get a good job.

Watching him closely, I noticed that his behavioral pattern went from angry to very angry and frustrated at different points .He was either cursing at other commuters on the road, or shouting insults at anyone standing in his way. He was obviously a very troubled man.

http:///19cP8no

READ FULL ARTICLE..www.yomi.ashiru and follow on twiiter @YomiBlogs to place your comments

(1) (Reply)

Ten Healthiest Cities In The World / Which Of The Schenge Country Is The Best To Apply For Tourism Visa / Route To Ogudu GRA, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.