Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,276 members, 7,836,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement (18163 Views)

What Lara Oweye-Wise, AIT Newscaster Does Before She Enters The Newsroom (Pics) / Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries / Fztvseries Has Been Shut Down By Fact UK For Copyright Infringement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
DAAR Comunications don't even have that kind of money shocked
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
Amaaskia:

MUMU!

Thank you for proving my point.

1 Like

Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by TheProdigy(m): 9:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
demelza: Na so e easy to get 10billion?
Anyway na Naija be dis, nobody dey obey court order.

I don't agree with you.
The court has power to enforce its verdicts, perhaps imprisoning the defaulting party, confiscating his property... for sale etc.
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by mu2sa2: 9:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
yhemster: How much is the value of the whole Daar Communications?
They want to take over the co. and pursue Dokpesi for the balance. Wow, cool cash!
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
mcdokwe: ceratinly not in all cases

copyright enforcement is always done wrong, and these jokers are no exception

the real backlash of this will be on the musicians - the stations can go to playing only foreign music

a radio station is an avenue for promoting an artiste.

i really do not understand - if they are suing nightclubs or shopping malls, i might get it - but a radio station?
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by Ninilowo(m): 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
Tinubu: another relevance seeking stunt....

grin
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by Melancholy(m): 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
What is it about proliferation of agencies concerning artistes royalty,MCSN & COSON which way?
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by Ninilowo(m): 9:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
These pple funny die.....wetin una go con do ALABA?

1 Like

Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by RedCard1(m): 9:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
The article is too long and boring. I couldn't read it all. Stories like this should always be summarized. Anyway, I don't think Daar Communications is even worth up to such amount of money.
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by Afam4eva(m): 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
Daar Communications will rather close shop than pay that amount. That's like the worth of the company. Lol grin But i think Okorocha is taking his fight with Kennis music too far.
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by Celepope: 9:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
Afam4eva: Daar Communications will rather close shop than pay that amount. That's like the worth of the company. Lol grin But i think Okorocha is taking his fight with Kennis music too far.
What fight are you talking about?
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by chucky234(m): 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
N10bn?
I think Raypower should stop playing Nigerian musics while AIT should broadcast only foreign musical videos.
Maybe Okoroji and COSON will setup new TV and radio stations.
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by hamaworld(m): 9:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
grin
everyday: Dakar communications cannot pay such amount of money,let them settle out of court

Dakar communications... Hmmm are we in senegal
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by yuncka: 10:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
I will file an internet suit of 6billion GiG against d MOD 4 givin us dis stuff longa dan Psalm 2 read.
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by remzytimer: 10:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
10 kobo they will not see i bet u
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by phil5(m): 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
Uchenna42: Ermm Click Like if you didn't read everything smiley
u got it
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
chucky234: N10bn?
I think Raypower should stop playing Nigerian musics while AIT should broadcast only foreign musical videos.
Maybe Okoroji and COSON will setup new TV and radio stations.

Then they're making the case look easy for COSON in court....... and they'd have to pay
like it or not, they'd pay the licenses fees. Others will end as settlements

and who are those that said DAAR communications ain't worth N10bn, so John momoh go be wetin 1bn? You and I know it's impossible
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by Richy4(m): 10:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
They should do what ever they can to stop this copyright thing. A Nigerian celebrity will be sick and could not afford his or her hospital bills. yet their movies/ tracks are been aired in various stations.
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by stagger: 11:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
oyb: they want to charge raypower for PROMOTING nigerian artistes

i don't think i've heard of music stations paying royalties for playing music - typically artistes give stations promotional copies

What planet do you live in? This is the practice abroad. Even Multichoice pays for all movies broadcast on Africa Magic.
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
stagger:

What planet do you live in? This is the practice abroad. Even Multichoice pays for all movies broadcast on Africa Magic.

You are not thinking. I am talking about music. Music albums are promoted by airplay on radio stations. The traditional way you get to know of a single is when you hear it on the radio.

Perhaps the jokers will sue youtube next
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by suremanpatriot: 11:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
How about a suit to compensate Ray Power and AIT for promoting Nigeria entertainment ind for decades now. Let's have a balance! Why are we not quitting d carefree silence and advocate for their media rights protection having done wonderfully to pioneer private broadcasting in Nigeria? Nigerians wake up and speak when you ought to speak!

1 Like

Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by tundebj(m): 12:11am On Oct 09, 2013
Eyi ti wa po ju oh
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by solomon111(m): 12:56am On Oct 09, 2013
demelza: Na so e easy to get 10billion?
Anyway na Naija be dis, nobody dey obey court order.
Don't obey court order and see yourself in jail.
If the FG obeys court order,who're you not to?
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by Tbken: 1:32am On Oct 09, 2013
mcdokwe: ceratinly not in all cases
GRAMMER !!!!!!!
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by spikesC(m): 1:34am On Oct 09, 2013
oyb:

You are not thinking. I am talking about music. Music albums are promoted by airplay on radio stations. The traditional way you get to know of a single is when you hear it on the radio.

Perhaps the jokers will sue youtube next

Oga, stop making noise, you're not that intelligent.
We have promotional copies for free air-play which normally would be written "NOT FOR SALE".
You don't get to promote a music for an artiste without his express permission.

And yes, the radio stations also gain from promoting good songs. People begin to listen to their air-plays, advertisers keep coming.

Try and gain more knowledge and debate maturely.

1 Like

Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by spikesC(m): 1:40am On Oct 09, 2013
suremanpatriot: How about a suit to compensate Ray Power and AIT for promoting Nigeria entertainment ind for decades now. Let's have a balance! Why are we not quitting d carefree silence and advocate for their media rights protection having done wonderfully to pioneer private broadcasting in Nigeria? Nigerians wake up and speak when you ought to speak!

They were not forced to promote it. They actually use it to build there own business.
An artiste can claim a law suite that he didn't want his song promoted on ray power because of any blah blah blah fcked up reason, he will win.

My people need to start reading widely and gaining more knowledge. This is the 21st century, Ignorance is not bliss
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by Tbken: 1:40am On Oct 09, 2013
Jobless OKOSON erm COSON.....they kiddin me ryt....atleast there is beta tinz 2 talk abt nah.....nonsense coat i mean suit...royalty ma a$s
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by Myself2(m): 4:18am On Oct 09, 2013
Tony Okoroji and his COSON have been enmeshed in scandals of fraud for too long that he ought not to be talking about copyright.
I learnt more respectable people like Onyeka Onwenu that were formally with him in COSON,have all dumped him and pitched tents with MCSC,the rival rights collecting agency.
This I learnt was due to the way he allegedly embezzles paid royalties and short changes artistes,it wa sreported that he once paid Konga 10k and refused to declare the full amount paid.
Come on Mr Okoroji,10k ??
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by Myself2(m): 4:20am On Oct 09, 2013
Cele-pope:

What fight are you talking about?

Google is your friend
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by kunlekuz8: 6:13am On Oct 09, 2013
hmmmmn

Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by sidefresh: 6:14am On Oct 09, 2013
am a staff of AIT even now we have not been paid for to some people like me is 7months that is the best paid AIT staff now some re more than that,dead body get accident.
Re: Raypower & AIT Slammed With N10billion Suit For Copyright Infringement by lekkie073(m): 6:29am On Oct 09, 2013
chinedu chukwuji gm
chibueze okereke head of communications
tony okoroji chairman

dis coson must definitely be a biafran thing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Denrele Celebrates Khloe's Head Of House Win / Download The Hobbit The Battle Of The Five Armies (2014) Bluray 720p Free / Fire Outbreak At Galaxy TV, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.