Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? (3788 Views)

Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. / Calling Names Of Their Pastor Or Alfa In Their Songs .... Good Or Bad / Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by Lakulos(m): 12:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
I need your views concerning this issue because I av heard a lot of Christians condemn gospel rappers, I bliv music has to do wit expression and the only way some people are able to express their worship to God through music is by rapping. I personally love listening rap music (gospel alone) bt a lot of people count it as a sin, so nlers i wld appreciate ur views.
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by ammyluv2002(f): 12:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
Why would any Christian condemn gospel rap? God said we should worship Him in truth and in spirit so whether rap o, rock o, jazz o etc as long as you are singing praises to Him, you are good to go...dats all grin

3 Likes

Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by taiocol: 12:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
gospel rap is the best

3 Likes

Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by ayopo10(m): 1:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
rap is a worldly genre... it shouldntt be used in praise
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by ammyluv2002(f): 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
ayopo10: rap is a worldly genre... it shouldntt be used in praise
Define worldly genre undecided
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
Lakulos: I need your views concerning this issue because I av heard a lot of Christians condemn gospel rappers, I bliv music has to do wit expression and the only way some people are able to express their worship to God through music is by rapping. I personally love listening rap music (gospel alone) bt a lot of people count it as a sin, so nlers i wld appreciate ur views.

I am not sure why you worry about those who view Gospel rap music as bad. I believe everyone has a right to his/her own opinion...heck someone can view wearing of shoes as bad and I still won't be bothered about it as long as the individual is not infringing on my personal rights and freedom.

Anyways, I believe firmly that the genre of a gospel song cannot be categorized as good or bad in itself. It's basically neutral in that regard. What makes any genre of song good or bad would be its lyrics or/and its video. If a song has good lyrics and video then that song is very okay, irrespective of its genre.

1 Like

Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by Lakulos(m): 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
ayopo10: rap is a worldly genre... it shouldntt be used in praise

Please define worldly genre of music and what makes rap a worldly genre while rock, R&B and the likes are not worldly genre of music
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by An0nimus: 5:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
I'm interested in this topic. Same question has been on my mind for a while.

Question to all: Please whats the origin of Rap music?
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 09, 2013
An0nimus: I'm interested in this topic. Same question has been on my mind for a while.

Question to all: Please whats the origin of Rap music?

The origin of Rap music can be traced back to West Africa but later got named and made popular via 'slavery' and the protest movements in America.

While Hip-Hop whose primary content is Rap had its origin in America but still from the black community.

I am not sure how that info is supposed to help with the discourse.
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by macof(m): 9:18am On Oct 09, 2013
These are the kinda questions that proves Christians are confused folks
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by Godssent: 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
personally i do not see rapping of gospel song as a sin, cos whether you sing it as a bird or as a rapper, so long
is a gospel and it gladdens people's heart to hear it is ok,
the only thing i see as sin in some gospel music, is the way they dance it, and the outfit of some gospel singers are so
disgusting, that, you will get confuse, i mean the song will be so nice that you will want to hear it again and again cos it bring the holy spirit down to you, but by the time you watch the video, mscheeeeeeew, you will never want to sing the song again cos it will look as if they used the Gospel song to sing and dance to please satan,

guy, if your gospel rap is well composed towards the words and praises to God, people will like it and will want to buy it when is out
but do not mix the gospel lyrics with punny lyrics and call it gospel rap song.

2 Likes

Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by An0nimus: 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2013
striktlymi:

The origin of Rap music can be traced back to West Africa but later got named and made popular via 'slavery' and the protest movements in America.

While Hip-Hop whose primary content is Rap had its origin in America but still from the black community.

I am not sure how that info is supposed to help with the discourse.
Thanks, needed to satisfy my curiosity smiley

Back to the topic...I love Christian rap music but as an avenue to worship God? I find it hard to accept. There're certain mannerisms/lifestyles peculiar to the Hip Hop genre that are quite prevalent in a good number of christian rap songs. Some of the videos are not far from any other inspirational but secular song. I always feel like there's something missing.

My Opinionsmiley
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by sEGXY2(m): 11:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
taiocol: gospel rap is the best
can u gimme a list of some gospel rap tracks belive me gospel rap is the best
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
$#EGXY:
Try Immortal Technique. Not only does he come with a different type of Gospel, he will salvage your IQ.
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by anibi9674: 6:40am On Nov 29, 2013
Choi, christians na wa o! Y cant u guys seperate d church 4rm d world. Dnt u knw dat dia must b a sharp difference 4rm d way we worship God nd d way unbelivers worship d devil. Y must we copy unbelivers in d way day glorify satan. For the fact dat day call the name of Jesus in d song does nt make it a xtian song, remember dia is also a fake jesus nd we also hv acceptable nd non acceptable offerings. Imagin angels rappin when praisin God. All dis hiphop rap nd rock gospel songs r nt songs 2 praise christ our saviour bt rather antichrist. Praisin God shud b in hymns nd psalms. God bless u
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by taiocol: 8:04am On Nov 29, 2013
$#EGXY:
Switchfoot "Dare You To Move", Chris Tomlin "Indescribable", gospel gangstaz i will be good, triple lee christ or cash, dmx lord give me a sign grin ,

1 Like

Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by taiocol: 8:14am On Nov 29, 2013
$#EGXY:
try tracks frm Lecrae, tobymac, bizzle, andy mineo, derick minor, booker snow, revsconie, flame, Applejaxx, Basehead,
B. Reith,
BB Jay, D-Naff
Da' T.R.U.T.H.
DC Talk,
Dee-1,
Deepspace5, Gospel Gangstaz,
Group 1 Crew,
Guvna B,

MC Jin,
Canton Jones,
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by macof(m): 10:07am On Nov 29, 2013
anibi9674: Choi, christians na wa o! Y cant u guys seperate d church 4rm d world. Dnt u knw dat dia must b a sharp difference 4rm d way we worship God nd d way unbelivers worship d devil. Y must we copy unbelivers in d way day glorify satan. For the fact dat day call the name of Jesus in d song does nt make it a xtian song, remember dia is also a fake jesus nd we also hv acceptable nd non acceptable offerings. Imagin angels rappin when praisin God. All dis hiphop rap nd rock gospel songs r nt songs 2 praise christ our saviour bt rather antichrist. Praisin God shud b in hymns nd psalms. God bless u

This guy has brain tumor
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by sEGXY2(m): 11:33am On Nov 29, 2013
taiocol: Switchfoot "Dare You To Move", Chris Tomlin "Indescribable", gospel gangstaz i will be good, triple lee christ or cash, dmx lord give me a sign grin ,
thanks buh indescribable and dare you to move are rock can you gimme real rap tracks
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by anibi9674: 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
macof:

This guy has brain tumor
for d fact dat a satanist or an atheist kickd aginst my opinon means am on d right track.
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by macof(m): 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
anibi9674: for d fact dat a satanist or an atheist kickd aginst my opinon means am on d right track.

Am none of those

So you are on the wrong track cool
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by anibi9674: 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
macof:

Am none of those

So you are on the wrong track cool
by dia fruits we shall knw dem.
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by macof(m): 10:41am On Nov 30, 2013
anibi9674: by dia fruits we shall knw dem.

You are still on the wrong track
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by anibi9674: 1:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
macof:

You are still on the wrong track
ur opinion count not. I rest my case with u.
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by sEGXY2(m): 1:31pm On Nov 30, 2013
taiocol: try tracks frm Lecrae, tobymac, bizzle, andy mineo, derick minor, booker snow, revsconie, flame, Applejaxx, Basehead,
B. Reith,
BB Jay, D-Naff
Da' T.R.U.T.H.
DC Talk,
Dee-1,
Deepspace5, Gospel Gangstaz,
Group 1 Crew,
Guvna B,

MC Jin,
Canton Jones,
eyah bros Abeg u fit gimme some of their nice tracks
Re: Gospel Rap Songs, Good Or Bad As A Christian? by macof(m): 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
anibi9674: ur opinion count not. I rest my case with u.

Still on the wrong track cool

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Rome The Christian Capital / *Objects Of Fiction, Imaginary Things Atheists Believe In* Since They Reject God / Christian Sermon: Maximising Your Talents And Potentials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.