Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Pls What Does Goverment Owned Universities Do With Their Income - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls What Does Goverment Owned Universities Do With Their Income (565 Views)

5 Foolish Things Guys Who Cohabit With Girls In Universities Do!!! / Fec Approves Five New Privately Owned Universities / School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls What Does Goverment Owned Universities Do With Their Income by Yung16(m): 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
Concerning this ASUU strike of a thing i dnt seem to know whose side i should fall to, FG OR ASUU? Neither do i know when this will all end. Pls forgive my ignorance. I just want to clear the doubt in my mind... WHAT DOES Nigerian GOVERMENT OWNED UNIVERSITIES, DO WITH ALL THEIR MONEY. That they have to hold the goverment to RANSOM FOR FUNDINGs I mean the school fees, hostel fees, acceptance fee, money from post utme screening forms and others etc? Why can't they meet their needs from all this money? Must they depend on goverment? Even some private school charge less to what most of this universities do demand from students(especialy the state owned) but still depend on NO Goverment to run. Pls i knw i may be sounding stupid here, forgive me i just Need to knw what they do with all the money they're raising...

IF POSSIBLE I NEED THIS ON FRONT PAGE pls.
Re: Pls What Does Goverment Owned Universities Do With Their Income by tsleazy(m): 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
Believe me u r hating d wrong set of people
Re: Pls What Does Goverment Owned Universities Do With Their Income by Yung16(m): 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2013
I want answers pls or is it that majority are just as ignorant as to what this institutions do with this money. Pls i need detailed explanation
Re: Pls What Does Goverment Owned Universities Do With Their Income by Davo93(m): 11:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
Those internally generated revenues are been expended unjustifiably as far as i am concern. This is one of those reasons i will not support ASUU on this strike, you are clinging to one agreement which is hinged solely on funding,,, what are they doing with those money they generate internally? Acceptance fees, huge predegree programme fees, all kinds of fees paid by students, grants and aids from corporate bodies, NGOs, individual and many more.

Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) management is a prime suspect in this kind of accusation...
Re: Pls What Does Goverment Owned Universities Do With Their Income by fabby26(m): 11:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
Permit me to say, "these people (lecturers) are tired of going back to classes to teach". Simple!

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Pleads With ASUU To Call Off Strike / Ignore ASUU's Demands,NASU,NAAT,SSANU Tell FG. / Where Is ODUNNU? The Hitherto Edu Mod??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.