Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Lagos Seals Hq Of Lord’s Chosen Church - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos Seals Hq Of Lord’s Chosen Church (895 Views)

If You Happen To Meet Any Descendant Of Lord Lugard - What Will You Do? / How Prophets From The Chosen Church Embarrassed Themselves After Boasting / Lagos SG Seal Off The Headquarters Of Lords Chosen Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Seals Hq Of Lord’s Chosen Church by steveec122(m): 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
Lagos State Government Tuesday, sealed the Headquarters Church of the Lords Chosen Church, along the Apapa – Oshodi Expressway over alleged gross environmental abuse and erection of structures along Odo Asimawu Drainage Channel, System 6c.

While monitoring the state of Lagos environment, the Commissioner for the Environment noticed massive trading under the Ijesha flyover bridge along the Apapa Oshodi Expressway and large scale environmental degradation arising from the activities of the traders.

Further inspection round the premises revealed that the church does not dispose the solid waste generated properly, while as a matter of fact, it openly burns waste generated inside the church premises, thereby exposing the lives of its worshipers to serious health hazard.

A further investigation also revealed that a substantial part of the 1 kilometer church Auditorium was built on the Odo Asimawu drainage channel thereby impeding the flow of storm water, as well as inhibiting effective performance of the channel.

It was also discovered that the Church built all its toilets on the canal and deliberately discharges the raw human waste into the canal.

Bello, explained that in order to prevent an outbreak of epidemic, as well as protect the lives of its worshippers, the state government was left with no other option but to seal the church Auditorium.
He therefore, directed that, for the church to be reopened it must abate all the nuisances noticed as well as remove all the encumbrances along the drainage channel.

Other conditions stated for re opening include: Completion of sanitization of the entire church environment, putting in place a proper solid waste disposal facility, stop further refuse burning, removal of all structures on drainage channel, building of a new toilet facilities, and ensuring proper disposal as well as evacuation of solid/human waste dumped inside the canal among others.

While commending the cooperation and non resistance of the Church authorities, the commissioner observed their willingness to comply, but stated that the state government would only unseal the auditorium as until all the environmental nuisances were abated.

Bello, assured that that government would continue to promote a cleaner, habitable and conducive environment to residents irrespective of their ethnic or religious affiliation in other to attain a cleaner and sustainable environment in the state.

The commissioner further restated the commitment of the administration to its environmental regeneration and renewal programmes geared towards attaining a cleaner and habitable environment that would be the pride of all citizens.

Source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/lagos-shuts-hq-of-lords-chosen-church-over-violation-of-environmental-law/
Re: Lagos Seals Hq Of Lord’s Chosen Church by afdynamic(m): 6:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
Gud move........
Re: Lagos Seals Hq Of Lord’s Chosen Church by pembisco(m): 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
Am a christian bt i say gud move by d state govrment. Meanwhyl i wonda if such kn be done 2 any mosque found culpable, atleast nt in north whr am frm
Re: Lagos Seals Hq Of Lord’s Chosen Church by pembisco(m): 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
Am a christian bt i say gud move by d state govrment. Meanwhyl i wonda if such kn be done 2 any mosque found culpable, atleast nt in d north whr am frm
Re: Lagos Seals Hq Of Lord’s Chosen Church by badmeat(m): 6:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
Dirty church!
Re: Lagos Seals Hq Of Lord’s Chosen Church by omiobo: 6:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
If all these are allegations are true the church truly deserve to be sealed.
Re: Lagos Seals Hq Of Lord’s Chosen Church by Infomizer(m): 7:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
Chosen is blessed by the most high but dirty in the government's eye grin...
P.S:"Attention" of structures? Nairaland filters again!!
Re: Lagos Seals Hq Of Lord’s Chosen Church by Emmyk(m): 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
Infomizer: Chosen is blessed by the most high but dirty in the government's eye grin...
P.S:"Attention" of structures? Nairaland filters again!!

hahahahahaha. I didnt notice that! cheesycheesy

@topic: Cleanliness is next to godliness.
Re: Lagos Seals Hq Of Lord’s Chosen Church by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
Infomizer: Chosen is blessed by the most high but dirty in the government's eye grin...

God admonished us to give to ceasar, what's for ceasar because he understands in his infinite wisdom that your ilk will be making erroneous utterances like these

Didn't the bible tell you that "cleanliness is next to godliness?". How can you be dirty, being a potential cause of an epidemic that might kill people and expect God to answer your prayer?. Don't be hypocrite, I'm a christain but the lagos sanitation and enviromental body, got this decision right

Kudos to them
Re: Lagos Seals Hq Of Lord’s Chosen Church by debbleopto: 8:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
carujmonella:

God admonished us to give to ceasar, what's for ceasar because he understands in his infinite wisdom that your ilk will be making erroneous utterances like these

Didn't the bible tell you that "cleanliness is next to godliness?". How can you be dirty, being a potential cause of an epidemic that might kill people and expect God to answer your prayer?. Don't be hypocrite, I'm a christain but the lagos sanitation and enviromental body, got this decision right

Kudos to them

is chosen permitted to be dirty or to be throwing solid waste into canal. As those people do it ladipo so the do it at church. please and please don't provoke The law of deportation. It seems majority of people there are business men and not so enlightened.
Re: Lagos Seals Hq Of Lord’s Chosen Church by Infomizer(m): 6:13am On Oct 09, 2013
carujmonella:

Kudos to them
I'm appalled by the way your christian mind chose to interprete my post! Really? Seriously?
In case you missed it (which you apparently did), i was only playing with words. I'm on the government's side on this too! There's no need for name-calling buddy.

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Facts You Should Know / Black People As Got A Proble By Honourable James David / Seun....observations...one Millon Rates...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.