Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau (13768 Views)

Governor El-Rufai Allegedly Attacked In Zaria (Photos) / Buhari: Why I Sent Obasanjo To Guinea-Bissau / Photos Of People Attacked In Rivers State Today Viewers Discretion Advised!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
ARMED groups Tuesday attacked the Nigerian embassy in Bissau, capital of Guinea-Bissau, a country of about 1.7 million people. The reason for the action is not yet known.

The event is happening just as the country is preparing for its general elections slated for next month.

Guinea-Bissau currently has an Interim President, Manuel Serifo Nhamadjo, who emerged in May 2012 to head a transitional government following the sacking of the country’s democratically-elected government by a military coup.

According to The Guardian sources, armed personnel and militias stormed the Nigerian embassy in a commando style, attacking everyone in sight and eventually causing the closure of the Nigerian sovereign outpost.

As at press time, members of staff of the embassy, including the Nigerian envoy to that country, Ambassador Ahmed Adams, were said to be taking refuge in a police station. No casualty has so far been reported.

All efforts by The Guardian to reach the Nigerian envoy to the country failed. Although his telephone rang, he did not pick.

Although the Federal Government was yet to officially react to the development yesterday, it was learnt that the supervisory Minister of Foreign Affairs 11, Ambassador Nurudeen Mohammed, rushed to the Presidential Villa yesterday ostensibly, among other things, to brief President Goodluck Jonathan. All efforts to reach the minister yesterday on the matter failed.

Events in Guinea-Bissau took a dangerous turn on April 12, 2012, when the army arrested Prime Minister Carlos Gomes Júnior who was about to be elected president. A military junta accused him of conspiring with Angola to curtail the military’s power and quickly installed transitional authorities, before officially stepping aside on May 22. International condemnation was swift, but differences developed between the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and the Community of Portuguese Speaking Countries (CPLP).

The country was actually in the process of conducting elections when the military overthrew the constitutional order on April 12, 2012. This incident resulted in the suspension of the country from all international organisations. However, following the country’s inability to form a government well over a month after the coup, Nigeria, in close collaboration with ECOWAS, assisted in negotiations that resulted in the transitional government led by President Manuel Nhamadjo. Since then, Nigeria has provided various forms of assistance to Guinea- Bissau to the value of $50 million.

The Guardian learnt Tuesday that some high grade pick-up vans meant to be donated next week to Guinea-Bissau for the upcoming elections have now been put on hold following yesterday’s ugly development.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/national-news/135049--nigerias-embassy-

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
This is serious if its true
Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
I thought I read Biafr*an embassy sef. Wetin concern me concern Naija embassy. If they like, mek dem burn aso r*ock *spits on tread* mtcheeeeew undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by otokx(m): 11:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
They killed some of us then invaded our embassy if this story is true; fresh air every where. Did someone say $60 million?
Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
in other news thr ws also an embassy Attack by nigerian students in russia

http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201310040118.html/?maneref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fm%3Fq%3Dnigerian%2Bembassy%2Battack%2Bin%2Bguinea%2Bbissau%26client%3Dms-opera-mini-android%26channel%3Dnew
Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by solomon111(m): 1:53am On Oct 09, 2013
West-african politics is always difficult.
Why??
Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by LordMecuzy(m): 1:56am On Oct 09, 2013
Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by solomon111(m): 2:20am On Oct 09, 2013
Lord Mecuzy: Nigeria
did what?
Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by Nobody: 3:22am On Oct 09, 2013
Idi Amin: I thought I read Biafr*an embassy sef. Wetin concern me concern Naija embassy. If they like, mek dem burn aso r*ock *spits on tread* mtcheeeeew undecided
o gracious! Jamaican weed is not too good for you bro

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by Garrithe1st: 3:43am On Oct 09, 2013
These Mushroom countries nor dey fear us ooo..

Imagine a country with a population that's less than that of Rivers State doing this nonsense. 1st they killed Nigerians over unproven allegations, now they're attacking our embassy.

I hope FG doesn't swallow this nonsense from these MOFOs..

cool

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by solomon111(m): 4:07am On Oct 09, 2013
Garri the 1st: These Mushroom countries nor dey fear us ooo..

Imagine a country with a population that's less than that of Rivers State doing this nonsense. 1st they killed Nigerians over unproven allegations, now they're attacking our embassy.

I hope FG doesn't swallow this nonsense from these MOFOs..

cool
why not invade them just the same way the US invaded libya when their ambassador was killed.
Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by remarkD(m): 4:25am On Oct 09, 2013
How come US should be the model or example to follow?

solomon111: why not invade them just the same way the US invaded libya when their ambassador was killed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by solomon111(m): 4:40am On Oct 09, 2013
remark D: How come US should be the model or example to follow?

I was being sarcastic.
The US never invaded libya when the ambassador was killed.
Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by Nobody: 4:41am On Oct 09, 2013
See these Guinea pigs starting what they can't finish.
Oya, over to the Nigerian Military! I don't want to believe it's only slapping of civilians you guys are being paid for. . .

Oga Jonah, no be only peace keeping we go dey send soldiers go. . .

Finally, I don't want to hear any nonsense from that Yeye hypocritical group called the U.N when Nigeria hits 'em.

Let's fly into that place, bring back our diplomats and citizens & clear any morrafucker on the way. . . Na we plenty pass for Africa o, make Naija no fall my hand at all!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by DILLISH: 6:46am On Oct 09, 2013
One of the Nigerians later lynched by the
mob, under police protection. AFP

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by iterator25: 6:54am On Oct 09, 2013
'biafrans' has caused problems in these countries, I'm not being a tribalist here just being realistic. it's time the government do something about this peeps.They are breeding hate to other hardworking Nigerians... Even south Africans inquire about your tribe before they engage with you.. 

Youths in anambra, abia, enugu needs re-orientation now before it goes out of hand
I don talk my own

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by Arosa(m): 9:04am On Oct 09, 2013
They have declared war on naija. Let see what GEJ will do. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by BabaEleko(m): 9:10am On Oct 09, 2013
Imagine 1.7 million people declaring war on 170 million people. SMH

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by Lilimax(f): 9:11am On Oct 09, 2013
For what sad?
Guinea-Bissau, a country of about 1.7 million people.
Not even upto Ikeja area in Lagos angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by extremelygolden: 9:15am On Oct 09, 2013
What an insult! Guinea Bissau of all nations?
A country that is not worthy to loose the shoes on our feet?

What type of insult is that nah?
Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by akereconfi: 9:15am On Oct 09, 2013
Make we send BOKO boiz to handle this mofos.............mbatse militias, boko, Niger Delta Militant go handle this mofos without much sweat

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 09, 2013
gosh
Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 09, 2013
iterator25:

'biafrans' has caused problems in these countries, I'm not being a tribalist here just being realistic. it's time the government do something about this peeps.They are breeding hate to other hardworking Nigerians... Even south Africans inquire about your tribe before they engage with you.. 

Youths in anambra, abia, enugu
[s] needs re-orientation now before it goes out of hand
I don talk my own [/s]

Should stop exporting crimes to other peoples' territory !

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by vizboy(m): 9:22am On Oct 09, 2013
what is all these? So this people no dey fear face again abi
Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by Okijajuju1(m): 9:24am On Oct 09, 2013
WHAT!!!:: This is an act of War... angry

President Jonathan should deploy troops into Guinea immediately and crush them within 3 days.. angry

bleeping Guinea pigs... angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by eazzzy1(m): 9:26am On Oct 09, 2013
Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2013
C dis mofos ooO, 1 nigerian's life =1million of theirs oya naija army sharpaly go clear thier doubt
Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by solomon111(m): 9:27am On Oct 09, 2013
extremelygolden: What an insult! Guinea Bissau of all nations?
A country that is not worthy to loose the shoes on our feet?

What type of insult is that nah?
oh please.
ECOWAS forces are currently in guinea-bissau to ensure smooth elections and some unhappy elements in guinea-bissau who are angry at the presence of ECOWAS have decided to take it out on Nigerians living there.
You want Nigeria to retaliate and distabilize the damn region.
Re: Nigerian Embassy Attacked In Guinea Bissau by eazzzy1(m): 9:28am On Oct 09, 2013

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'if Buhari Wins, Nigerians Will Be Running To Neighboring Countries To Feed - Fa / PDP To Kick Off 2019 Campaign In Sokoto, Asks Nigerians To Reject APC / Why We Are Celebrating Democracy Day On June 12 – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.