Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% (17634 Views)

Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! / CBN Forex Policy: Local Manufacturers Happy As Production And Sales Leap By 50% / Reduction Of Company Registration Fees Approved By FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by IyfeNamikaze(m): 11:12am On Oct 09, 2013
Slickest:
Don't be gullible my friend, why wasn't dat done a year after he was president, he's giving us a flimsy reason to vote in 2015....all na 2015 package...no hating brother, am just being diplomatic
All hail the fool of the year!
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by SterlingTowers(m): 11:12am On Oct 09, 2013
guonno:

U, ur father, ur mother, and ur entire house hold and all nigerian should for ever thank God that NOI was born into nigeria. A lot of countries wants her but yet she came to serve ur rotten father land that ur past hausa and yoruba fathers and mothers could not save from collapse. Ndiala.

Abyssus abyssum invocat. Go figure! Crude man. Ndiala (crazy people) you see your uncommon idiocy is not lost on me, but will not go the same dirty route with you it will be giving you way much too credit. Just stop publishing your state of mind for the world it reveals your breeding.

2 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by spikesC(m): 11:12am On Oct 09, 2013
kreami diva:
Contact me for the registration.

A company, sole owned, i don't want a business name.
How much wink

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by Arosa(m): 11:13am On Oct 09, 2013
Sterling Towers:

You give GEJ too much credit he is not that bright, it is purely the cerebral Aganga' s idea approved by Gej.

It takes a smart mind to know a good idea and approve it.

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 09, 2013
Sterling Towers:

Lawyers on an average register a private limited liability comp with one million share capital at the rate of 80k but will actually spend almost half of the money on stamp duty and filing, plus they also will charge for buying forms cac2, 3, 7 etc plus preparation of the memat. So the business registration for private ltd comp, could be reduced to 40k on the average and cac register like 2000 businesses in that category every three months now do the maths, an incorporated trustee is registered with like an average of 250k does not require equity though, public liabilty is registered with like 250k on the average take away half of that for prospective business which means like 100k could be saved multiply that with almost 1000 Cac register yearly, etc

Lemme help break it down further to him + others...
it means if with N1 mil could register 10 coys and employ a total of 2000 staff, now with that same N1 mil I can register 20 Coys and employ 4000 staff.
As well as get better credit facilities using my previous coys as collateral this is how it's done in western nations.
I'm so sure very soon we'll address our unemployment issues in this country.
GEJ till 2019
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by grandstar(m): 11:16am On Oct 09, 2013
they should also address the snail speed it takes to register a company. before a business name could be registered in a day.
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 09, 2013
Busola79: Kudo to FG. This is a great opportunity for investors to operate lagally by registering their company with average amount. To register your company call: 07062876912. For those of you i was unable to give the actual information that you need. Check in d next 30mins.

This is one South-Westerner I'll be so willing to do business with everyday... Not like some
While others are wasting their time hating, she's busy cashing in on this lovely policy.
My dear, God bless your business - keep it up dear and expect a call from me soon.
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by SterlingTowers(m): 11:24am On Oct 09, 2013
Arosa:

It takes a smart mind to know a good idea and approve it.

a mentally indolent person can never be smart except off course you mean nigerian crooked smart, little wonder he abandoned the whole of nigeria economy to NOI, when we eventually mirror the inherent flaws in the policy he will quickly scream it is Aganga 's idea. Just between me and you, Gej approves any thing sold to him with nasal accent, now that is not the hallmark of a smart person.

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by taharqa: 11:25am On Oct 09, 2013
Sterling Towers:

You give GEJ too much credit he is not that bright, it is purely the cerebral Aganga' s idea approved by Gej.
You are a PATHETIC DEGENERATE, my frnd. A real wisp.... By d way, how many PhDs do you hv in yr Extended family (or, entire village for that matter)??
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by stagger: 11:31am On Oct 09, 2013
Gabbysky:

Bro you better go back there and collect ur change of N15,000. esp if the worth of ur biz is not above N1Mil.
You read this news at all? sad

If you smoked ganja before you left home, no carry am come my side. You dey hear me ba?
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by Esiere: 11:35am On Oct 09, 2013
Good move by FG.
I hope CAC will not come with some hidden and stupid charges to negate the effect of the reduction.
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 09, 2013
stagger:

If you smoked ganja before you left home, no carry am come my side. You dey hear me ba?

My apologies that I commented on ur post.. Didn't realize u were from that 'tribe'. No vex.
and please delete d comment.

Peace and love!
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by Busola79(m): 11:44am On Oct 09, 2013
No one is above mistake.
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by Arosa(m): 11:44am On Oct 09, 2013
Sterling Towers:

a mentally indolent person can never be smart except off course you mean nigerian crooked smart, little wonder he abandoned the whole of nigeria economy to NOI, when we eventually mirror the inherent flaws in the policy he will quickly scream it is Aganga 's idea. Just between me and Gej approves any thing now that is not the hallmark of a smart person.

A smart leader is the one that appoints competent administrators to govern the affairs of the country. I don't see anything wrong with the President like you said "abandoning the economy of the country to NOI". She is a pro in this line of work, the president doesn't have to be one. I personally think GEJ is the smartest president we have ever had.
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by manny4life(m): 11:45am On Oct 09, 2013
Sterling Towers: They should also address multiple taxation on businesses in NIgeria particularly Lagos State, it is really hurting a lot of business concerns. Well that was a nice strategic move by aganga, to jump start the almost comatose economy of Nigeria that NOI has shot in the head with her lethal and mortal incompetence.

Your statement would have been perfect had you not brought in NOI into the picture, please give me instances how NOI shot the economy in the head? She's the finance minister and not the president, so again, how has she shot Nigeria on the head?
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by SterlingTowers(m): 11:46am On Oct 09, 2013
taharqa: You are a PATHETIC DEGENERATE, my frnd. A real wisp.... By d way, how many PhDs do you hv in yr Extended family (or, entire village for that matter)??

I am adroit at using very mean words but will not, not for you but for the impression I will make on others. I will drown you with my family accomplishment, so we don't suffer fools. How can your friend be a wisp, a pathetic degenerate, if you see your friends like that I wonder how you will see your enemy. Most of your guys from the SE and SS are steeped blind in ad hominem ways of asserting your positions. it is a shame yet you ascribe superlative appellation to lilliputian achievement, we are raised with global standard. Must every body come from a village, what sort of peep are thronging Nairaland with such clannish worldview. Just that you know I am not your friend and the very idea of it makes my skin crawl and it is even a great disservice to the word friend. Now focus and I mean on the issue.

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by DisGuy: 11:48am On Oct 09, 2013
How long does it take
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by dustydee: 11:51am On Oct 09, 2013
Sterling Towers:

Lawyers on an average register a private limited liability comp with one million share capital at the rate of 80k but will actually spend almost half of the money on stamp duty and filing, plus they also will charge for buying forms cac2, 3, 7 etc plus preparation of the memat. So the business registration for private ltd comp, could be reduced to 40k on the average and cac register like 2000 businesses in that category every three months now do the maths, an incorporated trustee is registered with like an average of 250k does not require equity though, public liabilty is registered with like 250k on the average take away half of that for prospective business which means like 100k could be saved multiply that with almost 1000 Cac register yearly, etc

According to the statement, the review of the registration fees will enable Nigerian companies to save more than N2 billion per annum, which can be used to sustain their businesses, hire more staff and expand operations.

Thanks for the explanation but my question is if I save 125k (50% of 250k) how does that validate the statement above i.e the 125K will enable me hire more staff and expand my operations?
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by SterlingTowers(m): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2013
manny4life:

Your statement would have been perfect had you not brought in NOI into the picture, please give me instances how NOI shot the economy in the head? She's the finance minister and not the president, so again, how has she shot Nigeria on the head?

The fuel subsidy saga is still fresh in our memory , what of the abbyssmal performance of budgets couple with the deficit budgets we have been running for the last two years. the list is ad nauseum.

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by manny4life(m): 11:54am On Oct 09, 2013
Sterling Towers:

a mentally indolent person can never be smart except off course you mean nigerian crooked smart, little wonder he abandoned the whole of nigeria economy to NOI, when we eventually mirror the inherent flaws in the policy he will quickly scream it is Aganga 's idea. Just between me and you, Gej approves any thing sold to him nasal accent, now that is not the hallmark of a smart person.

The president and NOI have their flaws but to assert the president as indolent and make false claims that NOI is responsible for the economy, it shows that you lack the knowledge to speak on the economy. I'm not here to define what "smart" is, but what I know is, every leader hires competent administrators: this managers bring the ideas, the will, the service and desire to change positively or negatively.

On that note, I'm waiting to see how NOI shot the economy on the head. You don't make false claims without backing it up with facts.
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by mrperfect(m): 11:55am On Oct 09, 2013
That is a welcome development.
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 09, 2013
FAIRLY Used KEKE MARWA for sale

- Factory fitted AC
-Automatic
- Leather Seat
-Alloy wheel

Contact -Kamanda Keke R US. 00700NAMYKEKE

Newly Registered Business curstesy Aganga's policy
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:56am On Oct 09, 2013
But wait, @ Taharqa and co, this IS REGISTRATION right?

its a one-off thing.

paying 10 thousand instead of 15 thousand to register a limited liability company is going to magically transform my new business?

besides that amount of misinformation that that article is befuddling.
the CAC does not even have a billing structure that works like that.
since when was the Act amended to include these monetary segments quoted?

besides now you have a lot of ignorant folks who are going to be citing this as reference for a reduction in incorporation fees when in reality nothing has changed much AND IT DOES NOT EVEN APPLY TO BUSINESS NAMES!!!

Im pretty sure none of you campaign/laundering team has done anything with CAC recently... would explain why you think this is worth celebrating... but then, considering u folks celebrate when Jonathan farts... this is a big deal for y'all undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by taharqa: 11:58am On Oct 09, 2013
Sterling Towers:

I am adroit at using very mean words but will not, not for you but for the impression I will make on others. I will drown you with my family accomplishment, so we don't suffer fools. How can your friend be a wisp, a pathetic degenerate, if you see your friends like that I wonder how you will see your enemy. Most of your guys from the SE and SS are steeped blind in ad hominem ways of asserting your positions. it is a shame yet you ascribe superlative appellation to lilliputian achievement, we are raised with global standard. Must every body come from a village, what sort of peep are thronging Nairaland with such clannish worldview. Just that you know I am not your friend and the very idea of it makes my skin crawl and it is even a great disservice to the word friend. Now focus and I mean on the issue.
SHUT ya sillly MOUTH, tha.. And tell me how many persons in yr Extended family hv a PhD? That was d questn. We can then take it from tha..
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by kunlekuz8: 11:59am On Oct 09, 2013
hmmnnm

Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by dustydee: 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
4llerbuntu: But wait, @ Taharqa and co, this IS REGISTRATION right?

its a one-off thing.

paying 10 thousand instead of 15 thousand to register a limited liability company is going to magically transform my new business?

besides that amount of misinformation that that article is befuddling.
the CAC does not even have a billing structure that works like that.
since when was the Act amended to include these monetary segments quoted?

besides now you have a lot of ignorant folks who are going to be citing this as reference for a reduction in incorporation fees when in reality nothing has changed much AND IT DOES NOT EVEN APPLY TO BUSINESS NAMES!!!

Im pretty sure none of you campaign/laundering team has done anything with CAC recently... would explain why you think this is worth celebrating... but then, considering u folks celebrate when Jonathan farts... this is a big deal for y'all undecided undecided

Exactly what I am trying to understand. How does this policy help my business to grow?

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by SterlingTowers(m): 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
dustydee:

[b][/b]

Thanks for the explanation but my question is if I save 125k (50% of 250k) how does that validate the statement above i.e the 125K will enable me hire more staff and expand my operations?

Why I arrived at 100'k as the 50% of 250k is because I had factored in professional fees ordinarily you would file with like 30k and stamp duty in that range also for 1m share capital. You can't save more than that if a professional is registering it for you forget the 125k. Now CAC is looking at a larger pix here, if 1000 people save that much such fund can be channeled else where pro tem to yield fund to further grow your business and not that it will enable you to sustain your staff. Nah!
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by manny4life(m): 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
Sterling Towers:

The fuel subsidy saga is still fresh in our memory , what of the abbyssmal performance of budgets couple with the deficit budgets we have been running for the last two years. the list is ad nauseum.

Perhaps I should refresh your memory

The fuel subsidy saga was and I repeat was agreed by all at the finance meeting including ALL governors of the 36 states of the federation. So if its fresh on your mind, hold your governor accountable for voting on it. As for the reconciliation of inaccurate numbers, I personally thought that was ridiculous, however, given that we lack advanced payment and tracking systems in place, these had no direct effect on the economy.

Performance budget? She's a finance minister and not responsible for other ministers activity, perhaps Nigeria and Nigerians do not know what their responsibilities are. Even if we're to ascribe to not meeting up the performance budget, it is without doubt that the Nigerian economy has been doing well for the most part.

Budget deficit. This shows you lack the knowledge of what is being talked about. Your NASS approve debt to finance the budget and then you gonna call the woman because there was deficit? Where was NASS and you when she was constantly stating that we need to save? Where where you when she increased Capital expense from 22% to 33%? Where were you when she increased our savings by more that 40%? Where were you when debt financing reduced, thanks to NASS, in 2013 budget, they increased it by $6billion financed through debt again.

Please speak on things you know
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by chikaflora: 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
shachris: grin Make i rush go register Nairaland college.....Grooming fo.ols since 2005!
am so in love with your reply dumb ass! Good one. grin you are the HOD of foolish department at the nairaland college.
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by SterlingTowers(m): 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
taharqa: SHUT ya sillly MOUTH, tha.. And tell me how many persons in yr Extended family hv a PhD? That was d questn. We can then take it from tha..

I am not obligated to tell you nada, you can publish yours it is your funeral. Anger has diseased your thought pattern, I am typing not speaking how can I shut my mouth. Must every body have a PHD olodo, what of an LLD, have you heard of that before. I would have love our chat to be private all bottled up venom could have been your lot I swear.
Re: FG Slashes Business Registration Fees By 50% by sirrinky: 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
Please I have one simple question to ask,hows much will it cost me to register a business name a sole propietorship.Does this reduction affect a sole proprietorship too?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Banks, Ex-ceos Indicted As N720b Cash Disappears / 5 Important keys on how to Secure a loan from a bank / Nigeria’s Five Largest Banks Record Drop In Market Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.