Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes (9871 Views)

Poll: Blood-thirsty occultists are to blame for air crashes?

Possibly: 32% (25 votes)
Ridiculous: 67% (53 votes)
This poll has ended

Fani-kayode Writes Open Letter To Buhari On The War Against Boko Haram / Femi Kayode Blames Buhari On Killing Of Sheik Zakzaky's Wife And 14 Year Old Son / Nigerian AirForce Plane Crashes In Yola, Adamawa State - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by inuwabas(m): 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2008
angry see who de talk;abeg make una wake me up if I'm dreaming? did this man attend skul even pry cos i cant image pry skul pupil saying rubbish like this talkless of a man of calibre like kayode nawao for this man oh.
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by Jakumo(m): 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2008
Mr. Fani Kayode has been found guilty of stealing a vast amount of money intended to improve air safety in Nigeria, so his raising an alarm over cost-cutting maintenance omissions by airlines that similarly jeopardize air safety is an irony to say the least.

The protestations of a convicted embezzler aside, it IS sadly true that many of Nigeria's "airlines" can and do get away with reducing their operating costs by engaging in the routine falsification of aircraft maintenance records and use of sub-standard parts.    Those same sharp practices of shoddy inspections and repair protocol are occasionally exposed in the maintenance hangars of American and European airlines, but the chances of an unscrupulous airline operator continuing to operate with impunity are probably far better in Nigeria than anywhere else in the world besides maybe India or Sudan.

While Mr. Fani Kayode's breathless account of the dangerous gambles of fly-by-night airlines in Nigerian airspace is credible, the details would probably be better appreciated by the Nigerian public if Mr. Kayode could compile them into a book while he serves a minimum 20-year sentence for looting the Ministry of Air Transport treasury with such reckless abandon as soon as he landed the job there.
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by yewaman1(m): 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2008
the brother sure needs help!
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by anonimi: 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2008
What do we expect if we all flock to churches and mosques where we are fleeced of our earned income by generalised promises of blessings, sow & reap, pay (unrequired**) tithes make pastor, imam & priest for dey gbaladun (enjoy). And if the blessings no come na im be say na d winch of one step mama, generational curse blah, blah, blah.
Nothing about Work, Save & Grow. No nothing!
And wetin be d blessing wey we dey expect? To get one table, position, post, appointment wey extra income (read egunje, scam etc) go dey flow or to get visa go obod oyinbo go dey underemployed but overworked or go do Opio (prostitute) work.

** http://www.yomisays.com/?p=927
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by biggy08(f): 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2008
grin shocked embarassed cry i no fit laugh oooooooooooo wonders shall never end
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by SENATORJD(m): 2:13pm On Jul 02, 2008
anonimi:

What do we expect if we all flock to churches and mosques where we are fleeced of our earned income by generalised promises of blessings, sow & reap, pay (unrequired**) tithes make pastor, imam & priest for dey gbaladun (enjoy). And if the blessings no come na im be say na d winch of one step mama, generational curse blah, blah, blah.
Nothing about Work, Save & Grow. No nothing!
And wetin be d blessing wey we dey expect? To get one table, position, post, appointment wey extra income (read egunje, scam etc) go dey flow or to get visa go obod oyinbo go dey underemployed but overworked or go do Opio (prostitute) work.
** http://www.yomisays.com/?p=927
is this related to what fani said?
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by romeo(m): 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2008
It's the same mentality and i think they are related
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by tipsydude(m): 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2008
[b]@ topic

Fellow landers, I have read all your posts and I believe you all said whatever you must have said based on your knowledge and enlightenment level but let us not just disregard what the excuse Fani put up regarding the cause of all the plane crashes under Borishade's tenure.

Toks made a big point though I would have put it differently i.e Fani shouldn't have brought up the occult as a reason behind the crashes since it can not be scientifically proven. His excuse only shows how fast(or slow) he uses his brain when he has to present an acceptable tale to Nigerians like when he was SA to OBJ. But let's not forget that the crashes happened not in his tenure but in Borishade's tenure.

I would also like us to take our mind back to when Borishade was Education Minister. I am talking about the level of cultism at the time and how he handled the matter. That was during the OAU and Ibadan cult massacres, just to highlight the prominent ones. That was the first time he was first linked to an Occult group and he didn't bother denying the allegations at the time rather he was like "it" (being cultism) made him untouchable. This led to the serious outcry from many religious leaders when he was appointed Minister of Aviation. Many of them foresaw nothing but doom and woes ahead and time proved them right.

Notwithstanding, I do believe what Nigerians expected to hear from Kayode was how the money (be it 11 or 8 or 6 billion naira) was spent. I don't think his case with the Senate Committee is on the cause of the crashes.[/b]
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by SENATORJD(m): 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2008
ok romeo if u say so
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by anonimi: 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2008
SENATOR JD:

is this related to what fani said?

I am afraid, yes very much related - As a man thinks so he is. 37% of poll respondents agree that crashes caused by witches shocked
Our over-fixation on religion despite that most of these religions confirm that God has enabled us to figure things out ourselves, using our intelligence to have dominion.
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by aftadocean: 4:46pm On Jul 02, 2008
Our leaders are simply down right wicked, dishonest and extremely self centred. These vices have eaten so deep into their Psyche that it is already affecting their sense of reasoning. This man that is blaming occultists for these plane crashes, how did he arrive at such a preposterous conclusion? May be he is actually a part of this so called occult group. Haba! what kind of country is this sef?

I mean we have brilliant people all over the place but our political class is not a fair reperentation of the kind of intellects we have as a nation. They only learn the antics of how to loot the treasury and what lies to tell however senseless to cover their tracks. hmmm,

It is a pity. Today again, i was reading in the papers how the River Niger Bridge may collapse soon. looks like there is nothing of value left out of this country anymore, and yet budgets are approved year in and year out.

To Allah ki a ye!( Amin)
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by Eziachi: 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2008
Now, we know where all the missing money in Nigeria over the years has disappeared to- OCCULTIST BANK PLC. Thank you Fani big mouth, who said you can't learn new thing everyday with Nigeria. Yawaa country!
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by Mamajama(m): 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2008
Amazing how Nigerians are so quick to crucify someone based on what another journalist wrote.

Was anyone there when Fani Kayode made the statement? Has this man been convicted of any crime?

Why can't we let the so promogated rule of law take its course and then we can make our own assumption then.
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by texazzpete(m): 5:25pm On Jul 02, 2008
Mamajama:

Amazing how Nigerians are so quick to crucify someone based on what another journalist wrote.

Was anyone there when Fani Kayode made the statement? Has this man been convicted of any crime?

Why can't we let the so promogated rule of law take its course and then we can make our own assumption then.

1. fani Kayode made this statement to the Senate, not in an obscure, covert gathering
2. It stretches credibility to think that any sane Nigerian reporter covering that event will not use a microphone and recorder to capture what was said.

I cannot understand the logic behind you 'rule of law' statement. He is not on trial for the string of air crashes. There's no 'law taking his course' here. nigerians here are merely infuriated that this man seeks to trivialize the issues behind many air crashes in Nigeria with a red herring that beggars belief.
We are here talking about rot, poor safety standards and mismanagement being behind the tragedies, yet a major player is talking about a 'blood thirsty' cult being responsible.

if his particular brand of logic appeals to you, then that's your funeral.
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by Mamajama(m): 5:33pm On Jul 02, 2008
If the reporters did use a microphone, please let them post it on youtube for everyone to see and make the assumption.

Beside all the allegations and assertions that everyone is making on this thread. Has he been charged with any crime?

we are so quick to convict people in the court of public opinion without getting all the facts. In a democratic government everyone is innocent until proven guilty isn't that what rule of law stands for?

I refused to believed anything I am reading until he is charged with a crime and convicted
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by romeo(m): 5:38pm On Jul 02, 2008
Mamajama:

If you like continue being slow when crucifying cheesy, i have not so far read any article countering this! why not make your investigations and then come and preach us your decayed good morals. until then allow us jare!!
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by romeo(m): 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2008

[size=14pt]THISDAY

EFCC Arraigns Borishade, Fani-Kayode Tomorrow
[/size]
• Ex-FAAN MD: Why Odili gave N2bn to Aviation Fund
From Sufuyan Ojeifo and Dayo Thomas in Abuja, 07.02.2008

As the Senate yesterday condemned arrests of persons invited to give testimonies in the National Assembly within its premises, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) will tomorrow arraign the two former Ministers of Aviation arrested over the N19.5 billion Aviation Intervention Fund.
The ex-ministers, Prof. Babalola Borishade and Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, who were picked up at the National Assembly after appearing before the Senate committee probing the aviation fund were still being held by last night.
A senior official of the EFCC told THISDAY last night that the commission would arraign Borishade and Fani-Kayode tomorrow.
THISDAY also learnt that former Managing Director of the Nigeria Airspace Manag-ement Authority (NAMA), Captain Rowland Iyayi, will also be arraigned.
The commission’s Head of Media and Publicity Femi Babafemi had earlier said Borishade, Fani-Kayode and Iyayi had made useful statements while they were being interrogated by the commission.
He said investigations were still ongoing and EFCC would not keep them for long.
Borishade and Fani-Kayode were said to have been arrested based on the information provided by Mr. George Eider, Managing Director of Avsatel Ges MB of Austria, who had earlier been arrested by EFCC.
The company had won the N.6.5 billion Safe Tower contract, which was said to have been inflated.
The Austrian was said to have made useful statements to EFCC about the two ministers and the contract.
Yesterday, however, the Senate passed a resolution barring EFCC from further arrests within the assembly of persons invited to give testimonies at public hearings organised by its standing and ad hoc committees.

Are you satisfied Thomas?
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by diyobdw(f): 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2008
may be we need a documentary on the cultist to believe this him,

if a well educated highly place individual like him could say that, student should quit school. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

or may be he should confirm if witches withdrew or inflated the monies in question?

AGBAYA!!!
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by redsun(m): 6:22pm On Jul 02, 2008
I can't believe people are still attributing the occultist statement to superstitions and mysteries.what cult could be worse than nigerian government and establishments cults?People that destroy millions of life every day due to their evil practices,corruption,mismanagement,favouritism,bribery,sabotage,name it.

You don't need a crystal ball to see that.By occultist,he means the black illuminaties,people that never wants the common man to see the light of the day, they can go to any length to perpetuate their evil,even if it means asssinations,arson,blackmail,poison,outright sabotage,name it.It includes you that believe in back-hand practices be you common man or not.(fastness,so they call it)to be smart in a stupid way.

There is nothing mysterious about what is happening there,it is just absolute stupidity.
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by romeo(m): 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2008
redsun:

I can't believe people are still attributing the occultist statement to superstitions and mysteries.what cult could be worse than nigerian government and establishments cults?People that destroy millions of life every day due to their evil practices,corruption,mismanagement,favouritism,bribery,sabotage,name it.

You don't need a crystal ball to see that.By occultist,he means the black illuminaties,people that never wants the common man to see the light of the day, they can go to any length to perpetuate their evil,even if it means asssinations,arson,blackmail,poison,outright sabotage,name it.It includes you that believe in back-hand practices be you common man or not.(fastness,so they call it)to be smart in a stupid way.

There is nothing mysterious about what is happening there,it is just absolute stupidity.

According to your own understanding? what about the market women and men? will they hold the same view as you do Mr. wise man? We all know what he meant by that, please don't try to twist it tongue
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by redsun(m): 7:25pm On Jul 02, 2008
As if market women and men are exempt from knowing,that is the problem,we are either too daft,too young or too poor to know.The language you speak,your age or state of wealth has nothing to do with common sense.
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by romeo(m): 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2008
Are you sure you have visited Nigeria ever? Save me your logic because every single Nigerian knows the difference between "blood sucking evil agents" and "money swindling evil agents"

Abi na Socrates be your name cheesy
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by edgecution(m): 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2008
redsun:

Thank goodness, someone else here make sense. I have been reading all these rubbish about occultists with disdain. I can say it anywhere that what fani kayode was talking about are cabal and other powerful forces( which we all know are in every sector, -power, banking, education,aviation, health etc. Have u guys read of the report recently that most drugs in circulation are fake ones( with all akunyili has done?? she has not been able to sanitize the sector, generator importers dey there, everyday na prayer make nepa dey fail, do u see the school buildings we these days , no roofs, no books, even the teachers  no sabi wetin dem suppose teach, banking infact no go dat place, all the banks executives-if u know the  atrocities wey dem don commit,is it cos cbn no catch dem?) Fani talked about cutting corners, corrupt people in the sector, i watch it and by what he said, he could not have blamed  spiritual  forces cos he did not need that as excuse, its funny when part of his comment are picked and isolated from the whole thing. i am not a fan of fani kayode, in fact i dont even like the guy , but lets reason objectively. CAN HE REALLY BE GIVING EXCUSES FOR WHAT HAPPENED B4 HE GOT THERE?  Go and read all the comments, Some said he should name names of the corrupt people, for all i know he is also corrupt as a govt official. i doubt it so much if most of u critics will have the will to name names if u were in is shoes. if u dont believe me  and feel its that easy[b]ask people who have close relatives in the corridors of power. [/b]

@ seun

I like ur comment.
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by romeo(m): 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2008
You people are simply pathetic!! If an educated young man like him starts subtituting the word "criminal" with the word "occultic" then we are doomed.
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by redsun(m): 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2008
@ romeo,the thing na waoo,it is scary man,i really want to go back there but i don't know if it the right decision,but with mindset like this,i will probably play good god and be ready for anything.

Korokoro evil and blood sucking monsters eating them alive but they rather want to see it as something supernatural.
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by redsun(m): 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2008
The man doesn't mean occultist literally from the write up,he is not that daft,in as much as he could be corrupt,but people are just twisting it that way because of their own twisted mind,that is all they know,demons.
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by romeo(m): 7:57pm On Jul 02, 2008
It seems you have never heard about the occultists causing road accidents to suck bloods like the very situation we are discussing here?
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by redsun(m): 8:01pm On Jul 02, 2008
Are saying u believe in that or not?
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by romeo(m): 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2008
No I do not believe in such crap!! hahahahahah it's also load of bullshit to use such things as a way of explaining criminal activities in a given circle cheesy
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by redsun(m): 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2008
I think it just shows how sinister corruption and mismanagement could be.
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by atutupoyo(f): 8:17pm On Jul 02, 2008
I believe what this man is saying, the phyical is controlled by the spiritual, I believe those air crashes had spiritual causes.
         for we battle not against flesh and blood but against spiritualities and powers.
Those crashes happened suddenly without logical reasons.
we as Nigerians are meant to pray for our country and God's intervention.
Look at the the power sector the amt of money pumped and the technological know how, God's intervention is needed for the country to move forward.
Re: Fani-Kayode Blames Occultists For 2006 Plane Crashes by romeo(m): 8:31pm On Jul 02, 2008
atutupoyo:

I believe what this man is saying, the phyical is controlled by the spiritual, I believe those air crashes had spiritual causes.
for we battle not against flesh and blood but against spiritualities and powers.
Those crashes happened suddenly without logical reasons.
we as Nigerians are meant to pray for our country and God's intervention.
Look at the the power sector the amt of money pumped and the technological know how, God's intervention is needed for the country to move forward.

Are you a student or a graduate?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Suit To Stop Alleged Damaging Documentary Adjourned To 27th March / Xenophobic Attacks: Reps Charge FG To Punish South Africa / Aisha Yesufu To EndSARS Protesters: Your Lives Are No Better Than Igbos, Shiites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.