Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Nigeria Debuts At World Breakdance Championship - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Nigeria Debuts At World Breakdance Championship (3570 Views)

Ysghubs Digital Music Distribution Debuts In Nigeria. / A 17 Years 2 Partner Who Sings, Breakdance Need A Producer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Debuts At World Breakdance Championship by kaspa(m): 3:16pm On Jul 01, 2008
AS Nigeria prepares for the qualifiers of the world break dancing championship tagged Battle of the Year 08, Nigerian co-ordinators of the event, Now Muzik, held an interactive session with participating breakdance crews in Lagos on May 31. During the interactive session, the organizers revealed that the interactive session was held to help guide all participating crews during their rehearsals focusing on areas such as choreography, synchronity, and stage presence.

“We need to get our participating breakdancers acquainted with the various stages of the competition so that they can have an idea of what is expected of them at world levels, because we want our boy to make it all the way to the world championships” says Jolomi Kendaboh, spokesperson for the organizers.

Prior to this session, Now Muzik ensured that educational materials that would aid participating crews in improving on their stunts and legworks was made available to all participating crew to ensure an impressive performance at the national qualifiers which will be held from the 27th of June to the 4th of July. The Winning crew will represent Nigeria at the African finals that will be held in Dakar, Senegal on July 19. The emerging winner would then represent Africa at the world finals in Germany on October 18.
Battle of the Year, is regarded as the world cup of breakdancing by reputable Hiphop communities worldwide.

www.battleoftheyearnigeria.com
Re: Nigeria Debuts At World Breakdance Championship by kaspa(m): 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2008
Battle of the year Nigeria is one of the biggest and tightest dance event i've seen in recent times.
I was dere myself, wasn't told.
its great 2 know dat my Nigerians could embark on such a journey to break dancing and staunts.
Looking forward 2 the West African finals and seeing the Nigerian winner (All Stars Crew) to the Finals in Germany.
Re: Nigeria Debuts At World Breakdance Championship by thaFLYT(m): 12:59pm On Apr 22, 2009
This is quite interesting to know, though i did not see them at BOTY 2008 as i was there also, what happend,? I guess they didnt qualify as the compitition is very tough.
Am a Nigerian-ITalian b.boy(0371 crew ITALY) Am a proffessional dancer and have danced for artists in concerts all over europe and a have been a dance judge for hip-hop and breakdance all over europe, but i now live in london. We got to the italian BOTY finals but were beaten by another crew to rep. italy in Germany. I was personally working on a project to bring back breakdance (old school and new school- styling , footworking and powermoves<aka stunts in Nigeria>wink to nigeria. I know that things are quite different in the way they are handled, so projects like mine would be very difficult to be assisted. All am looking for is to link the organizers of dancing compititions in Nigeria so i could contribute to making it even bigger. Please contact me on robinsubi@gmail.com for more infor.
Thanks to all that could give any infor.
Robin Subi --- sir freddy c tha Flyt
Re: Nigeria Debuts At World Breakdance Championship by thaFLYT(m): 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2010
my 2006 promo video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPr2z7J15WM&feature=fvsr

Tha flyt (0371 crew Italy)
Re: Nigeria Debuts At World Breakdance Championship by teevibez(m): 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2012
DO A TYT SONG/TRACK IN TEEVIBEZ STUDIO ABUJA @ AFFORDABLE RATES. Call: 07030486879,08059095485 Home Of Excellent Music...

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Yamaha Psr 450 Keyboard? / Upload Your New Music/video For Free Here / Numark NS6 Serato Controller For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.