Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Document For Settlement For The Husband In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Document For Settlement For The Husband In Nigeria (3611 Views)

Largest Yoruba Settlement In Togo - Atakpame / It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. / Uk Settlement Visa Info (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Document For Settlement For The Husband In Nigeria by tunde4real2009(m): 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2013
@tunde4real2009...I have 6month left for 2yrs visiting visa to laps and I av a British wife here in uk.i tried to get married to her but i was told is better for me to go to nigeria to do d weeding n submit my application as settlement so I will be very happy if any body can help me to list d document am going to need from nigeria as husband because I have left nigeria more than a year now...thankf
Re: Document For Settlement For The Husband In Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 12:19am On Oct 10, 2013
Your wife needs to be the person organising the necessary documents required. Documents such as payslips, bank statements, mortgage statement or rent book, marriage certificate, pictures, medium + proof of communication etc etc etc. Check online for a full list of documents, both parties needs to submit..
Once you guys get married in Nigeria, your wife would need to submit all necessary documents to ukba office @ Sheffield, while you fill out out a settlement visa form in lagos. (ukba Sheffield deals with your wifes documents and lagos office deals with your form and other documents submitted) Time check on process, should be between 2 - 4 months (subject to all relevant supporting docs provided )
Cost of setttlement visa is about N250,000 and cost of naturalisation is about £1000 (subject to rise soon)
Others might add to what I have already written.
Take care.

1 Like

Re: Document For Settlement For The Husband In Nigeria by keni2013: 2:25am On Oct 10, 2013
I've just been issued my UK settlement visa. Based on my personal experience, I can confirm that you'll submit your passport and required application form at any VAC centre in Nigeria (I submitted mine at VAC Ikeja), all the other supporting documents (as stated on the UKBA website) should be sent to UKBA Sheffield (this is where all settlement visas for Nigeria are processed).

See my timeline below:

16 July 2013 - settlement application form plus passport submitted at VAC Ikeja. Biometrics done at VAC Ikeja
17 July 2013 - supporting documents sent to UKBA Sheffield by my husband (who is a british citizen and based in the UK)
28 Sept 2013 - My husband received a call from my caseworker/ECO at the Sheffield office asking him to confirm a few details on my application.
2nd Oct 2013 - Email received from ECO requesting for my husband's 6 months bank statement which we forgot to include in the original documents sent.
4th Oct 2013 - My husband sent the requested documents to the caseworker/ECO at Sheffield
9th Oct 2013 - Email received from UKBA - YOUR UK VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED. YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY VAC LEKKI IN APPROX A WEEK'S TIME.

All the best in your application.

2 Likes

Re: Document For Settlement For The Husband In Nigeria by claremont(m): 7:01am On Oct 10, 2013
@tunde4real2009:
@tunde4real2009...I have 6month left for 2yrs visiting visa to laps and I av a British wife here in uk.i tried to get married to her but i was told is better for me to go to nigeria to do d weeding n submit my application as settlement so I will be very happy if any body can help me to list d document am going to need from nigeria as husband because I have left nigeria more than a year now...thankf

Let me see if I understand you correctly: You have overstayed your 6 months visiting period already, and you are currently living with a British woman you are not yet married to.
Re: Document For Settlement For The Husband In Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 9:20am On Oct 10, 2013
claremont:

Let me see if I understand you correctly: You have overstayed your 6 months visiting period already, and you are currently living with a British woman you are not yet married to.

True. Lets know if you have continually lived in the uk for about 18 months, with no departures in this period and are in breach of your visa requirements.
Re: Document For Settlement For The Husband In Nigeria by justwise(m): 9:59am On Oct 10, 2013

(1)

How Can I Get To Kiagbodo Town In Burutu LGA Delta State From Warri? / I Don Japa Ooo Nigerian Lady / Arik Air- Good Or Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.