Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,391 members, 7,864,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:17 AM

Starting A Business On Drawing Professional Building Plans - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting A Business On Drawing Professional Building Plans (471 Views)

Advice! I Want To Start A Business On Campus. / Steps To Starting A Private School And Increasing Your Private School's Success / Starting a Bicycle Factory in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Starting A Business On Drawing Professional Building Plans by databoy247(m): 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2013
With a flair for computers and always seeking to learn new things, i am beginning to develop interest in autocad drawings and wish to render services drawing building plans. The questions are;

1. I am not an architect by profession. Will that in anyway affect the business if i successfully learn Autocad drawings?

2. What is the possibility of learning it hassle free since am relatively new to that domain?

3. What is the market prospect for someone vastly skilled in drawing professional building plans using autocad?

4. Are there any beginners guide online to aid my learning?

Thanks for your contributions.
Re: Starting A Business On Drawing Professional Building Plans by thelegend1(m): 4:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
Hi bro,

lemme give you my (architect) perspective.

1. Yes, not being architect will limit the scope of designs you will be contracted to execute (the construction as well)

2. You can learn it within a month, provided you have a flair design and some background knowledge on building construction

3. This the good part...the market is quite vast (private, commercial..you name it) dependent on your skills. however, the juicy (big bucks) designs are usually given to registered architects (bullet point 1) who in turn hand it to skilled guys

4. There are quite a lot, even the softwares you use for design has got em...if you need any assistance let me know
Re: Starting A Business On Drawing Professional Building Plans by emmuely2k: 4:51pm On Oct 10, 2013
i will like to get the personal contacts of Managing Directors of companies but it seems this are very hard to get. anyone have an idea how to do that.

(1) (Reply)

Advice Me On GNLD / Deleted / This Guy Is Good Enough To Be The Next CBN Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.