Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,752 members, 7,851,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:21 PM

2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt (779 Views)

Obasanjo: I Am Not Corrupt, Atiku, Buhari And Others Are Corrupt [video] / All Nigerian Military Head Of State Are Corrupt Including General Buhari / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 10, 2013
I just heard on NTA right now, that two out of every three Nigerians are corrupt. I don't know how they got this fact, but I want to know if you agree with this. I f yes, kindly share your experiences and what you think may be the causes of this (eg poverty etc).
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by DeLaRue: 10:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
If we assume that the remaining third are kids under 16 and some elderly people, then it means nearly 100% of all economically active Nigerians are engaged in corruption or biding their time to get to the right position.

If an adult Nigerian (lets leave out elderly people) finds himself in the 'right' position, he has more than a 95% chance of being corrupt, especially if he believes no one would notice.

Anyone that argues otherwise is deceiving himself.
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by KriTic24A: 12:31am On Oct 11, 2013
dolapobello1: I just heard on NTA right now, that two out of every three Nigerians is corrupt. I don't know how they got this fact, but I want to know if you agree with this. I f yes, kindly share your experiences and what you think may be the causes of this (eg poverty etc).

That survey is not comprehensive enough.

It should have been seven-out-of-eight Nigerian are corrupt.

What do you expect from a country that is AFRAID to punish the scoundrels in her?

2 Likes

Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by Nobody: 1:05am On Oct 11, 2013
KriTic24_A++:

That survey is not comprehensive enough.

It should have been seven-out-of-eight Nigerian are corrupt.

What do you expect from a country that is AFRAID to punish the scoundrels in her?

Lool. And where are your own facts from pls?
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by IGBOSON1: 1:13am On Oct 11, 2013
Methinks you're being a bit cautious.....i'd rather go for 2.5 out of 3!
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 11, 2013
DeLaRue: If we assume that the remaining third are kids under 16 and some elderly people, then it means nearly 100% of all economically active Nigerians are engaged in corruption or biding their time to get to the right position.

If an adult Nigerian (lets leave out elderly people) finds himself in the 'right' position, he has more than a 95% chance of being corrupt, especially if he believes no one would notice.

Anyone that argues otherwise is deceiving himself.

ol' boy. see dissection shocked smart people dey o!
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 11, 2013
@ igbo boy: i was chatting with a friend and he said 3 out of 3 are corrupt lol. but how do we really define corruption? is it the egunje we give police men? or what? because apart from all the big embezzlement and internet scams we hear about, i dont see how very corrupt nigerians are, or how totally different from people from other countries.
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 11, 2013
Any life experiences to share?
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
Contributions plss
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by bayooz(m): 8:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
The major cause of corruption is poverty mentality which facilitates greediness and uncanny love for material things.
The implication of the statistics is that the posters above and below me may have tendency to be corrupt. shocked cool
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 12, 2013
Geniune born again christians in Nigeria are not in any way.
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by UKBobo(m): 9:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
Geniune born again christians in Nigeria are not in any way. grin grin grin grin grin

Chai, if religion was a sure-fire guideline to piety and lack of corruption, Naija would be like Sweden.

Some of the most selfish and morally reprehensible people I have ever met, flock to a religious abode habitually.
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 12, 2013
bayooz: The major cause of corruption is poverty mentality which facilitates greediness and uncanny love for material things.
The implication of the statistics is that the posters above and below me may have tendency to be corrupt. shocked cool

Before nko?
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 12, 2013
King Tonbra: Geniune born again christians in Nigeria are not in any way.

grin grin
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
UK Bobo: Geniune born again christians in Nigeria are not in any way. grin grin grin grin grin

Chai, if religion was a sure-fire guideline to piety and lack of corruption, Naija would be like Sweden.

Some of the most selfish and morally reprehensible people I have ever met, flock to a religious abode habitually.

I think it's the way we were brought up o. What say ye?
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by gerald09(m): 10:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
King Tonbra: Geniune born again christians in Nigeria are not in any way.
Hahahahaha pardon me dude but corruption in Nigeria is not seen as a bad thing especially when u are d 1 enjoying it. So born or not born again as long as it is not affecting his family and he/she is able to keep up with there monthly tithe the church's kool.
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 12, 2013
I think it is four out of every three Nigerians
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 12, 2013
Kamanda: I think it is four out of every three Nigerians

Haha. grin @ Kamanda. You don bring another one shocked
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
If we agree that the majority of (if not all) Nigerians are corrupt, are we not inadvertently conceding to the fact that each one of us is innately corrupt?
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by Horus(m): 11:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
Lack of self-esteem and confidence in one’s own ability makes one materialistic and leads to corruption in a bid to achieve more.
Re: 2 Out Of Every 3 Nigerians are Corrupt by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
Horus: Lack of self-esteem and confidence in one’s own ability makes one materialistic and leads to corruption in a bid to achieve more.

Forget self-esteem, I believe some people are just greedy for greed's sake.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian 11-year-old Girl Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania / Omobola Johnson, Caleb Olubolade And Olajumoke Akinjide. TIME TO GO? / Curfew In Yobe State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.