Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,464 members, 7,843,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

10 Minutes With Charass (MMMR) By Edward Fortune - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Minutes With Charass (MMMR) By Edward Fortune (789 Views)

NDA Comes For Rapper MI And Charass For Wearing Camo (Photo) / Paul Okoye & Anita Years Ago Before Fame And Fortune (pics) / Meet Frank Edward Mum And See The Striking Resemblance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Minutes With Charass (MMMR) By Edward Fortune by entadaplace: 12:30am On Oct 11, 2013
I am of the school of thoughts that not all heartbreak songs should be rendered in a
very slow and sleepy tune. And Charras has just proved me right. The very first time
I saw the video to this song #GBEGE, I acted like I dint see it. I allowed it passed
and just switched over to another station. 10minutes later, the video popped up
again and I decided to listen to the lyrics of the song ( the only thing that
catches my attention about songs). The perfect blend of igbo and pidgin was so
smooth that I sort the help of a friend to translate what he was actually saying. My
favourite line which is *u don see where water enter Nnkata* (basket) is something
we all can always relate with over and over again. Instantly I fell in love with the
song because its something different fron others. Though the concluding part of the
video was a lil bit confusing because judging from the song, he was saying *Oga E
Mezi* (not again wud it haPpen) he wanted the girl out of his life. She was leaving
and then it appeared he was trying to persuade her again to stay. *hard to let go of
that special someone most times*. But in all, GBEG is one song by Charass that you
must listen to. I had a chat with him and hey he just got a nomination for *best
video by a new act* In the forth coming NMVA 2013 awards.

10 miutes with CHARASS by Edward Fortune…..

For Victor Chinedu Onyewuchi a.k.a CHARASS, his musical journey can be traced back
to his days in secondary school (F.C.S) wherehe was awarded the best artist at that
time..

He joined a group in JOS known as BEST-TEAM after graduating from secondary school
when his struggles to gain admission into the higher institution were to no avail.
His zeal and passion for music caught the attention of “Patrick Edgar Obi” who is
the CEO of MATURE MONEY MIND RECORDS (MMMR) and also the younger brother to Chelsea
and Nigeria National team Footballer “JOHN MIKEL OBI who offered him a record deal
which he gladly accepted and recorded a song titled “MMM Anthem” alongside other
label mates. The song was produced by SamKlef and video was Shot by CLARENCE PETER
as a preparation to his 1st Official Single Titled GBEGE which was produced by award
winning producer TY MIX and a follow up video shot by SQUAREBALL films. (A young and
creative director) which got a nomination in the forth coming NMVA 2013 awards for
“BEST VIDEO BY A NEW ACT ” is getting good rotation both on International TV and
Local Stations.

Music gives him hope and he’s not letting the dream die..

E.F. Why d name *Charass*?

CHARASS: the name CHARASS is basically a nickname I got from the word harass. People
tell me them that *guy Ʊ dey harass me with this your song oo* positively though and
I just made the name stick cause all I want to do is make positive impacts and sing
songs that people can relate with.

E.F: Your debut song *Gbege*. What’s d story behind it?

CHARASS: Its all about cheating girlfriends, and heart breaks. The kind of things
we all go through most times in a relationship and the lessons we tend to learn from
them and make sure we don’t fall inside the same pit all over again!

E.F: As an upcoming act, how friendly has the industry been so far?

CHARASS: Well, I must confess its been wonderful and amazing we young and we getting
it. So far, God has been faithful and we just getting started.

E.F: What differentiates you from other artist?

CHARASS:The fact that my name is Victor Chinedu Onyewuchi a.k.a CHARASS (laughs) is
basically one major thing. Am simply me, Unique and conspicuous.

E.F: Signed under MMMR, what’s d most challenging aspect of such responsibilities?
CHARASS: Woooow! To whom much is given, much is expected. My Label expects so much
from me and each day I wake up, I tell myself I can’t afford to fail. MMM3 is a
label that’s got a whole bunch of talents and believe me, everyone is unique. For
me,one major challenge is never to be left behind. I want to always be at the fore
front with good contents and great delivery..

E.F: Describe your acceptance by music lovers so far!
CHARASS: The truth is its been so overwhelming. Its been so awesome and I owe it all
to God, my management and the fans for accepting good music. Even to you Fortune for
this interview. Trust me, its been mind blowing and its beyond words!

E.F: you just got a nomination in the forth coming NMVA 2013, how does it feel?

CHARASS:of a truth, I feel so blessed and humbled. Its not by my power neither am I
the best,I just believe God has made this possible and I deeply appreciate God for
how far He’s taken me.the nomination just proves that hard work pays and I don’t
intend to relent at this stage. Its a stepping stone to higher grounds for me. Am
blessed!

Source

(1) (Reply)

2 Chainz: I Would Make A sexxtape Video With Iggy Azaela And Nicki Minaj / Chocolate City Gets A Court Injunction Against Brymo / Miss Universe Live On Stv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.