Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

News: A Fisherman Caught A Fish That Was So Big He Made A Distress Phone Call - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / News: A Fisherman Caught A Fish That Was So Big He Made A Distress Phone Call (660 Views)

Hilarious Sad Photo Of A Fisherman Bitten By A Hippopotamus / Newly Discovered Transparent Fish That Can Kill If taken mistakenly / Fisherman Catches Crab With Osama Bin Laden's Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

News: A Fisherman Caught A Fish That Was So Big He Made A Distress Phone Call by CompuEsther: 7:13am On Oct 11, 2013
If not that this piece of news contained names of real places and people, I would have thought it impossible. How could a fisherman be afraid of a fish he himself has caught? After all, is he not used to the trade? Even if the fish was as big as the whole world, it shouldn't be much of a big deal to him.

However, my view on this, is that there is a spiritual side to it. I don't think the fish was an ordinary fish. Now, before you begin to brand me 'superstitious', 'archaic' or whatever, we should be careful not to write off the existence of such things as Mammy Water, Queen of the Coast, etc. After all, are these phrases not white man's language? If it exists in their language, it exists in their consciousness also. Well, i'm not also saying by this, that whatever the white man says is true is true. What I am saying instead is that we learnt the attitude of waving things aside as superstitious from the white man and now we can't claim to be more Catholic than the Pope. I expect your views any way. Read the original news here: http://234breakingnews..com/2013/10/the-fish-was-so-big-fisherman-was.html

(1) (Reply)

Funny 'Nigerian' English Commonly Said / Lagos Airport Runway Lightings Fail / Where Is Miss Nairaland *lupey*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.