Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,548 members, 7,847,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:15 PM

Are we Really Equal Before The Law? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are we Really Equal Before The Law? (481 Views)

See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 / Stop Teaching Tribal Superiority, We Are All Equal Before God. / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are we Really Equal Before The Law? by bilms(m): 10:58am On Oct 11, 2013
DOES EVERYONE ACTUALLY HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS?

A hungry man who stole vegetable and a goat in Nigeria was reportedly given a 3 years jail term, and another wealthy Nigerian who stolen over N23billion meant for retired civil servants was reportedly freed and asked to pay a fine of N750, 000.00.

This made me ask, does everyone actually have equal rights?

If everyone have equal rights as declared in the UDHR, how can the world explain the above absurd scenario which had taken place in Nigeria some months ago, yet the United Nations which is regarded as the custodian of the universal declaration of human rights has not altered any word regarding it, but instead, gave an award to the same country where such incident occurred through one of it's agency?

(1) (Reply)

Calls For SNC, Invitation To Anarchy – Senate / What I Forgot In Anambra Government House-dr Ngige / How I Blasted Obasanjo Inside His Office –– Atiku Talks Tough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.