Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) (2668 Views)

My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning / 2008 Toyota Corolla Car AC Problem / How Does The Use Of Car AC Affect Fuel Consumption? (2) (3) (4)

Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by hollas2jnr(m): 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
I recently have issue with the compressor making squeaking noise whenever the car ac is on and idling below 1000rpm. I'd firstly changed the drive belt and relay before detecting its actually the magnetic clutch gone bad. Now, I've gotten the compressor removed myself but can't seem to find a way to detatch its magnetic clutch. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by hollas2jnr(m): 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
Moreso, I would be grateful for help on how to go about repairing d magnetic clutch (if possible).
Re: Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 11, 2013
It would really help, if you stated what car make, model you're referring to here. Engine size will be good too.
Re: Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by sultaan(m): 3:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
Using Siena's words he'll ask make model year engine.

My sarcastic self would have asked if its a 5 yr old donkey or Zebu, because the picture is just not saying enough

Re: Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by hollas2jnr(m): 5:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
Its a MAZDA 626 '98 i think, 2.0i V6. If u need more let me know pls. Thanks y'all.
Re: Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by emergency2: 11:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
My mazda 626 is also making such sound o, my mecho said some borris has been distroyed and dat I should take the compressor to the AC repairers.
Re: Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by hollas2jnr(m): 11:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
@Emergency2: What made ur mecho so sure its d 'borris'?
Re: Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by hollas2jnr(m): 11:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
@Emergency2: What made ur mecho so sure its d 'borris'?
Re: Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by hollas2jnr(m): 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2013
Oga Siena where una dey o? Abeg o helep ur bro out here o. I don't want to give it to those road side 'devils' to work on.
Re: Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by sultaan(m): 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
Took me a while to understand what you were saying but I think I got it now.

Your car is making noise and you were told it was a[b]bearing[/b] the clutch is not same as bearing and I think you jumped the gun here. Normally when you have noise on belt you spray each with water and see which goes quiet.
Don't know if you will need a puller I had a Chilton manual for the car will let you know morrow
Re: Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by globalfanz(m): 8:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
There is a bearing inside the clutch and I guess thats the issue. Mine was making such noise though toyota sienna. when am not using the ac, it becomes calm but when I put on my ac it starts making noise. I went to denso parts online and was able to get part number of the bearing. I bought the bearing on autozone, got a set of snap ring pliers and socket wrenches from walmart.com via my cousine. That made the do it yourself work easy for me. I searched for diagrams online to do it. So if u must do it, u got to do some research. Search for ur car forum to see how the problem is being solved before now.
Re: Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by hollas2jnr(m): 9:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
sultaan: Took me a while to understand what you were saying but I think I got it now.

Your car is making noise and you were told it was a[b]bearing[/b] the clutch is not same as bearing and I think you jumped the gun here. Normally when you have noise on belt you spray each with water and see which goes quiet.
Don't know if you will need a puller I had a Chilton manual for the car will let you know morrow
Thanks for ur post... I've tried d belt spray... The noise is definitely coming from d compressor itself. I had it removed but couldn't find means to detach d clutch pulley-head from d compressor (d pulley-head in d photo).
Re: Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by elektra80: 9:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
hollas2jnr:
Thanks for ur post... I've tried d belt spray... The noise is definitely coming from d compressor itself. I had it removed but couldn't find means to detach d clutch pulley-head from d compressor (d pulley-head in d photo).

take ur car to an ac technician
Re: Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by hollas2jnr(m): 9:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
globalfanz: There is a bearing inside the clutch and I guess thats the issue. Mine was making such noise though toyota sienna. when am not using the ac, it becomes calm but when I put on my ac it starts making noise. I went to denso parts online and was able to get part number of the bearing. I bought the bearing on autozone, got a set of snap ring pliers and socket wrenches from walmart.com via my cousine. That made the do it yourself work easy for me. I searched for diagrams online to do it. So if u must do it, u got to do some research. Search for ur car forum to see how the problem is being solved before now.
I've earnestly searched for d clutch removal tool here in nigeria but all to no avail. I just want to get it done myself. Finding d parts is just another tough phase. I think I'll do some more research cos I yet to get info on my exact type of compressor. Thanks.
Re: Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by hollas2jnr(m): 9:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
elektra80:

take ur car to an ac technician
Maybe u've been lucky with them. I dare it cos I've heard quite enough scary stories of those techy; besides, I've been a do-it-myself person. Thanks anyway!
Re: Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by elektra80: 12:00am On Oct 17, 2013
hollas2jnr: Maybe u've been lucky with them. I dare it cos I've heard quite enough scary stories of those techy; besides, I've been a do-it-myself person. Thanks anyway!

I'm also a DIY guy, but things I can't do myself I give to mechanics and tell them exactly what I want them to do with close monitoring. Even if u call ur manufacturers customer service about a problem with ur car, first they will try see if it can be solved on the phone, if not.. Then they will ask u to take ur car to the garage
Re: Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by hollas2jnr(m): 7:44am On Oct 17, 2013
elektra80:

I'm also a DIY guy, but things I can't do myself I give to mechanics and tell them exactly what I want them to do with close monitoring. Even if u call ur manufacturers customer service about a problem with ur car, first they will try see if it can be solved on the phone, if not.. Then they will ask u to take ur car to the garage
Ok then, I'll scout around for a 'reliable' one and see how it goes... I'll keep u posted. Thanks and nice day!
Re: Help. How Can I Take Off My Car's Ac Magnetic Clutch (with Picture) by hollas2jnr(m): 8:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hi guys, finally, i got introduced to an ac guy and he got me a 'grade a' tokunboh compressor. I got it fixed and also changed d expansion valve but only to discover that d ac freon is beginning to leak out after a day or two.

Called d ac guy to get d compressor changed after taking several days to check for leaks but couldn't find any, only to be told to add 6k to get it replaced.

Out of frustration, i've settled for fixing my 1st compressor this evening and alas, i've been able to totally get it dissembled and also discovered so many dirty particles in several chambers, clogging almost every area of it.

I shall keep u posted, for now, i'm with no ac but hoping for d best though.

Gracias!

What Is The Best Transmission And Engine Oil For Grand Cherokee Jeep 2005 Model / P2423 On A 4 Cylinder Camry 05 / Between Acura ZDX And HONDA Cross Tour