Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread (1230 Views)

Dhtmlconsole - A Google Chrome Plugin For Sending Real-time From Server / C++ Beginner Discussion Room: Drop Your Codes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread by CODEEATER(m): 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
Its the buzz of the day for us web devs...
Gone r the days when when users have to wait and reload a page to get updated info
Or data,except for a few ActiveX and java applet sites...now Real time updates without refresh is a DEMAND on the web..

Thanks to the ever evolving nature of technology, HTML5 brought web sockets..and now we see frameworks like nodejs in use to create scalable and dynamic real time apps....

Share your views and knowledge...
Cuz I still don't get the idea behind nodejs...

Miss my old XHR long polling
Re: Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread by InesQor(m): 7:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
CODE-EATER:
Its the buzz of the day for us web devs...
Miss my old XHR long polling

JSON-P sweet die. But we need to move on to better things. Out with the old, in with the new.

I have been learning NODE.js and socket.io slowly and steadily. I hope I pick up some useful stuff on this thread as well.
Re: Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
Welcome InesQor, of the Afro_wall fame (i hope am right, sledjama misses those quizzes)

@topic You are welcome to try out the python based twisted framework for writing asynchronous servers
there is actually RTMPy that is based on twisted.

RTMPy is a real time messaging protocol specified by Adobe which opens a persistent socket with the server and listens for data.
and also can allow you send RPC to the rtmp server, very similar to sockets.

HTML5 is yet to support RTMP (last i checked and as of this date) but if you are into iOS and Android development, this may be your best bet
if you are developing a multiplayer mobile game or web based flash game, try to check this out.
Re: Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread by InesQor(m): 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
webdezzi: Welcome InesQor, of the Afro_wall fame (i hope am right, sledjama misses those quizzes)

@topic You are welcome to try out the python based twisted framework for writing asynchronous servers

RTMPy is a real time messaging protocol specified by Adobe which opens a persistent socket with the server and listens for data.

HTML5 is yet to support RTMP (last i checked and as of this date) but if you are into iOS and Android development, this may be your best bet
if you are developing a multiplayer mobile game or web based flash game, try to check this out.

LOOOOL yes, webdezzi it's me jare. Ah! Those my tough quizzes shey? cheesy. I haven't even gone to _Afrowall_ in a couple of years now. Maybe even 3 years.

Good to see you again, man! I see you're still going strong with Python. Nice, nice!!

P.S. Shuo spambot dey chop the name of that site ni sha. Na so Seun no like rivalry? Lol
Re: Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
lol, dude dey vex gan, he even hardcoded it. Seun, we need APIs for Front page stories, pls consider.

Good to see hear from you too, i wonder where hbabe disappear go sef.
Re: Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread by InesQor(m): 8:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
@webdezzi: APIs for front-page stories, and following / followed posts and/or other notifications. There's really nothing to lose there cos the links will still send traffic back here.

[size=5pt]hbabe shey? She just scarce anyhow. I miss her die, been unable to reach her cry[/size]
Re: Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread by wisemania(m): 1:59am On Oct 12, 2013
@code...omo i don enter anoda js book again ,na2 finish am me dey riz naw,after wc i go enter anoda advance one again,b4 jQuery,den php....mehn i'm not finding programming funny in anyway,....when did u start lening js,jQ,Php?,....how many months did it take u 2 len dem all?...coz i don dey tire small small.....
Re: Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread by Elvisten10(m): 5:52am On Oct 12, 2013
webdezzi: Welcome InesQor, of the Afro_wall fame (i hope am right, sledjama misses those quizzes)

@webdezzi, i really need to talk to you. Please i will send you a nairaland pm or you can send an email to elvis.chidera@gmail.com .
Re: Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread by CODEEATER(m): 7:18am On Oct 12, 2013
wisemania: @code...omo i don enter anoda js book again ,na2 finish am me dey riz naw,after wc i go enter anoda advance one again,b4 jQuery,den php....mehn i'm not finding programming funny in anyway,....when did u start lening js,jQ,Php?,....how many months did it take u 2 len dem all?...coz i don dey tire small small.....
Ma guy,I started this journey in SS1...wen my frnd showed me his newly created wapka site..back then I was like WOW,4 me wapka was like magic, n I said if he(lordcash2gbaski) can create a site, y can't I. Dats Hw I started... with basic small small HTML n CSS...back den na only w3schools I know...but I thnk God 4 my journey so far... from absolute novice to advanced intermediate... not a "pro" yet...but every zuckerberg was once a beginner... keep doing wat u do...
Re: Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread by CODEEATER(m): 7:26am On Oct 12, 2013
Most interesting part is dat everything I Learnt..everything I know, I learnt without a teacher or computer.. my phone has been my development kit..

God bless android n Symbian
Re: Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread by javadoctor(m): 7:49am On Oct 12, 2013
I'm yet to try thr html5 ,js which holds json,a new feature of java ee 7 server,but currently I'm writin services on a project where the jax-rs RESTful consumer is an angular js client (another guy In d project) so I'm writing web service to suit json objects and array request and so far it has bin fun and challenging since the angular js is not stable and a very secure.as @last week (oct 5) the repository was updated. Since I maintain the backend sessioning,its sort of a RESTful SOA web app.

1 Like

Re: Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread by wisemania(m): 1:39am On Oct 14, 2013
CODE-EATER:
Most interesting part is dat everything I Learnt..everything I know, I learnt without a teacher or computer.. my phone has been my development kit..

naxo broda....man gaz lecture him slf nio....ure very luck,hw i wished i had a fone and sm1 wu kud enlighten me bak den @ sec sch, wu knows i might av gon so far in2 database and server side alredy,mehn information is key sha,thank God it wasnt late wen i discovered my zeal 4it....anywaz make i free u small ,he go dey be....gudmorning
Re: Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread by oluchijud(f): 10:12am On Oct 25, 2013
hmm
Re: Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread by wisemania(m): 5:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
^^same here my sister.....i just cant wait 2b a php freak like u guys,jscript dey dull me sha..
Re: Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2013
jscript or JavaScript, JavaScript is most sought language now, don't disregard it.

1 Like

Re: Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread by olamidayo85: 1:15am On Oct 28, 2013
CODE-EATER:

pls code eater i need your help....just created a contact form in php but unable to preview it....what can i do....pls its urgent
thanks
Re: Real Time Web Development-discussion Thread by Djtm(m): 2:01am On Oct 28, 2013
olamidayo85:

pls code eater i need your help....just created a contact form in php but unable to preview it....what can i do....pls its urgent
thanks
Post the form here.

(1) (Reply)

Learn To Code By Breaking Someone Else's Code / 10 Mistakes Every Programmer Makes / Reading From A Jtextarea In Java

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.