Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,772 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

MAPOLY Students Celebrate Rag Day, My Observations - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MAPOLY Students Celebrate Rag Day, My Observations (2318 Views)

LASU Students Celebrate Old School Day / Photo: Mapoly Students Storm The Street As They Celebrate Their Logout / Photo Of The Craziest Rag Day Student... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MAPOLY Students Celebrate Rag Day, My Observations by Eebrahym(m): 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Today, students of the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic were found almost everywhere around Lagos-Abeokuta Express way, funnily and crazily dressed, with silly make up, as they celebrate their Rag day.
I was fortunate to ße around oshodi-ikeja area during the early hours of today and was heading to Sango area. I was surprised to see a large number of the students approached me for donation because I was actually thinking ASUP strike is still ongoing.
Some of them had their Identity card tag on while almost all of them had either a big or small tin of bournvita or milo well wrapped and inscribed with Mapoly Rag day or something similar, for people's voluntary financial donations.

My obsevations

1. The group of students age ranges from 18 to 28 by mere facial examination, comprising of slim, fat, obesity, dark complexioned, albinos etc

2. Most of them were crazily dressed, though some of them were a little decent, with terrble make up and various marks and signs on their faces. Some of the boys put on wigs, wore bras and some of them pants, tights, leggins to complement their dressing while the girls tried to look masculine as much as they could.

3. Most of them were forcing people to donate as most of the females hugged, held and did some gestures to control money into their pocket

4. Most of them were in group while some of them moved in twos, a male and a female

5. They stormed almost everywhere as they were found at every bus stop from oshodi to sango

6. Some were dancing on the road, some behaving like touts, some chasing people while some were going decently.

7. They did the so called Rag day from morning till almost evening before I obseved them disappear. As at evening, most of them were already worn out and totally run down and you don't need a doctor to tell you this.

Now my questions

Is Mapoly not part of ASUP?

What is the essence of Rag day?

Must they force people to give them money or must they dress crazily thinking its funny?

Are there not supposed to ße some modality in doing this with respect to duration, manner of approach and probably a control or monitoring measure?

Who will pocket the money realized

Below are some of the pix I was able to take this morning.

Re: MAPOLY Students Celebrate Rag Day, My Observations by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
Dude, MAPOLY is Polytechnic. Their Union is ASUP not ASUU! Though I heard ASUP is also on strike, so can u now edit ur post from ASUU to ASUP b4 traffic comes
Re: MAPOLY Students Celebrate Rag Day, My Observations by Eebrahym(m): 9:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
click2cbn: Dude, MAPOLY is Polytechnic. Their Union is ASUP not ASUU! Though I heard ASUP is also on strike, so can u now edit ur post from ASUU to ASUP b4 traffic comes
grin
Re: MAPOLY Students Celebrate Rag Day, My Observations by Eebrahym(m): 9:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
More pix

Re: MAPOLY Students Celebrate Rag Day, My Observations by Eebrahym(m): 10:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
More

(1) (Reply)

ASUU STRIKE:FUTA Directs Staff To Resume / Federal Poly Oko HND Requirement For 2014/2015 / [photo] If This Were My Classroom!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.