Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,757 members, 7,851,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:47 PM

Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? (1491 Views)

Girls What Would You Do In This Tight Condition? / Jennifer Hudson :dream Girls / Dream Girls,with Jamie Foxx,beyonce,eddie Murphy,the New Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by Omolola1(f): 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2008
To me, the movie is great. I love the girl that acted as Effie White (the fat one), the girl sure has voice and can act.
What do you guys think of the movie? who acted better?
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by iice(f): 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2008
That is Jennifer Hudson. She won a grammy for that role.
However on SATC i didnt see the acting that won her the grammy.

I kindda liked the movie. Not a big fan of musicals. But Effie was great!
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by ifyalways(f): 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2008
That film was goooooooooood kiss so sensational .Effie ofcos acted better
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by ChiBabe2(f): 1:02am On Jul 03, 2008
I couldnt stop laughing at Eddie Murphy. But i knew that Jamie Fox would end up with Beyonce. Effie was toooo in love. And she was sure as hell crazy for not telling anyone about the child Magic until the end of everything. By the way, that chik that came into the group after she left was realllly pretty
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by funkybaby(f): 10:08am On Jul 03, 2008
we are dream girls, boyyy,

Very good movie. Nice soundtrack and i love virtually all the songs sang in it. Watched it over and over again.

The cast was great. Best male actor in the movie in my opinion was Eddie Murphy. Best female act - jennifer hudson
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by naijababe2(f): 11:41am On Jul 03, 2008
I luv the movie, its tight. I like the part when beyonce and d rest of the crew were dissing Jennifer thru singing. Its kool
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by francessby(f): 11:58am On Jul 03, 2008
I love that movie but it baffles me why Eddie Murphy died in that movie, but there last dance suck me, n, i enjoyed it all thru
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by francessby(f): 12:02pm On Jul 03, 2008
Effie and Beyonce acted like more of a singer than an actress
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by mellow(m): 2:43pm On Jul 03, 2008
What about me, what about me? I love that song. If my name

was liable to cry, I would have cried.
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by iice(f): 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2008
Wondered why beyonce was nominated sef. She was bland jare.
But i agree, they did act more like singers hence why am still not seeing what landed Jennifer that oscar. She better bring it oooo
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by ChiBabe2(f): 7:11pm On Jul 03, 2008
She got the oscar because the movie was a musical! they were supposed to know how to be singers.

Plus for a first time actress she was the star of the movie. she deserved the oscar to have pulled all that off as a newcomer
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by iice(f): 2:48am On Jul 04, 2008
I didn't say she didn't deserve her oscar for that role. But i am yet to see what she's got beyond the ability to belt out tunes and emote while doing it.
Nwayz you are right about it being a musical, however i don't know about them knowing how to be singers. They are after all singers
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by francessby(f): 2:02pm On Jul 04, 2008
Well they have given her the award so there's nothing to talking about
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by iice(f): 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2008
rofl. the hottie and the nottie grin grin grin
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by dani1luv: 12:25pm On Jul 08, 2008

stop sebe

@ omolola1

Hw re u doin

@ topic nice movie
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by Omolola1(f): 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2008
you mean that was jennifer hudston first movie, wow! she really tried, honestly, she even outshined beyonce in every aspect in that movie. she deserved that oscar award. she was great. And she's got a really strong voice.

The part i love most was where beyonce and the others hammered jennifer through singing, men that part was touching especially where jennifer sang to jamie and said "no, no there is no way am living without you" i wanted to cry honestly.

I dont like the way it ended, because we dont know if jamie ended up with deena (beyonce) or effie (jenny). Considering the fact that beyonce left him and effie had a daughter for him. Though, the song they sang at the end was cool.

Beyonce was kinda skinny in that movie.
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by kadman(m): 1:38am On Jul 10, 2008
I loved the movie - Jennifer Hudson was on fire !

She won 16 awards for that movie - Oscars,Golden Globe, BAFTA,SAG and more. The movie exposed Beyonce for the untalented ho she really is - that girl can't act,and she really can't sing - Who watched 2007 Oscars when Jennifer Hudson & Beyonce sang together on stage ? Jennifer KILLED Beyonce vocally. Her range and pitch were simply amazing !

I think Jennifer Hudson has the greatest voice of this genereation.
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by Nwaka77: 3:00am On Jul 10, 2008
I like Jennifer Hudson. I have been her fan since she was a contestant on American Idol. Dream Girls was a very good movie. I saw it on christmas day, the same day it was first shown in theatres across the United States.
Re: Dream Girls - What Do You Think Of This Movie? by Omolola1(f): 11:06am On Jul 10, 2008
kadman:

I loved the movie - Jennifer Hudson was on fire !

She won 16 awards for that movie - Oscars,Golden Globe, BAFTA,SAG and more. The movie exposed Beyonce for the untalented ho she really is - that girl can't act,and she really can't sing - Who watched 2007 Oscars when Jennifer Hudson & Beyonce sang together on stage ? Jennifer KILLED Beyonce vocally. Her range and pitch were simply amazing !

I think Jennifer Hudson has the greatest voice of this genereation.

i agree with you, beyonce cant act, and she cant sing, jennifer really outshined her.

(1) (Reply)

The World's Most Powerful Celebrities / I Enter Thesame Bus Wiv Durella 2day: / Pati Labelle, Steve Harvey To Be Honoured At The Bet Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.