Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Five Principles For Spiritual Victory - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Principles For Spiritual Victory (1323 Views)

Ask For Spiritual Sight By Pastor Adeboye / Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons / Where Can I Locate A Spiritualist In Nigeria To Seek For Spiritual Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Principles For Spiritual Victory by yommyuk: 6:55am On Oct 12, 2013
1. THE BATTLE IS WON BY REMEMBERING WHO IS IN CHARGE

David knew he could not win the battle against Goliath with his own strength by using physical strength or experience gained in war. But with God on his side, the battle was a foregone conclusion. The battle was won because God never goes into battle and comes out a loser. It has never happened and never will for eternity

• 1 Samuel 17:47
“And everyone assembled here will know that the Lord rescues his people, but not with sword and spear. This is the Lord’s battle and he will give you to us!”

• Psalm 24:8
“Who is the King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty; the Lord mighty in battle”

• Revelation 20:7-10
“When the thousand years come to an end, Satan will be let out of his prison. He will go out to deceive the nations – called Gog and Magog – in every corner of the earth. He will gather them together for battle – a mighty army as numberless as sand along the seashore. And I saw them as they went up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded God’s people and the beloved city. But fire from heaven came down on the attacking armies and consumed them. Then the devil, who had deceived them, was thrown into the fiery lake of burning sulphur, joining the beast and the false prophet. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever”

Hallelujah x 21

2. GOD’S METHOD MAY NOT BE MAN’S METHOD, BUT THEY ARE ALWAYS RIGHT

Joshua had to follow specific instructions before the wall of Jericho could come down. Marching around the city once each day for seven days, making a lot of noise and waiting for the walls to collapse certainly were not in any of the military manuals of the day. But if the Lord says so, who are we to question him. God is always right.

• Proverbs 3:5-6
“Trust God with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take”

• Job 22:21
“Submit to God, and you will have peace; then things will go well for you.”

• John 4:24
“For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth”

Hallelujah x 21

3. LEARN TO STAY CLAM, DO NOT PANIC AND BE QUIET

When the Lord was about to send the final plague into the land of Egypt, all the Israelites were told to stay indoors and watch the power and the judgment manifest and inflict itself on their oppressors. They did not have to alter one word but keep wait for the Glory of God to move on their behalf.

• Exodus 14:14
“The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm”

• Lamentations 3:25-26
“The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord”

• Amos 5:13
“So those who are smart keep their mouths shut, for it is an evil time.”

4. VICTORY IS OURS IF WE NEVER GIVE UP

Many people don’t see the answers to their prayers simply because they have stopped one round short in their conquest of their personal Jericho. We may have been doing the right things, but we simply stop doing them. Why start something that you cannot finish?

• Philippians 4:12-13
“I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength”

• Psalms 31:24
“Be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord!”

• 1 Corinthians 13:17
“Three things will last forever- faith, hope and love – and the greatest of these is love”

• Romans 12:12
“Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.”

• Galatians 6:9
“So let us not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up”

5. JUDGEMENT DAY IS COMING.

No matter what happens to us on earth, we know that if we continue to do the will of God, resist the devil and show love to others, on the day of Judgement, we shall receive our just reward. So whatever we face on earth, ultimately, victory is ours in Jesus mighty name.

• Matthew 12:36-37
“And I tell you this; you must give an account on judgment day for every idle word you speak. The words you say will either acquit you or condemn you”

• 1 Corinthians 4:5
“So don’t make judgments about anyone ahead of time- before the Lord returns. For he will bring our darkest secrets to light and will reveal our private motives. Then God will give to each one whatever praise is due”

Hebrew 9;27-28
“And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment, so also Christ died once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him.”

Revelation 21:3-4
“I heard a long shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people. He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever”
2 Peter 2:9
“So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while keeping the wicked under punishment until the day of Judgement.

PRAYER
Whenever the Lord chooses to come like a thief in the night, may we be found spiritually awake and clothed. We shall not be found naked and exposed. Victory is ours in Jesus mighty name – Amen!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Five Principles For Spiritual Victory by ayopo10(m): 8:49am On Oct 12, 2013
AMEN!!!
Re: Five Principles For Spiritual Victory by yommyuk: 9:20pm On Oct 14, 2013
wink

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Reason For All The Killing Of Black Men In America By White Cops. / Please Christians Explain This For Me / What Type Of Vessel Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.