Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / . (1410 Views)

UK Ends Free NHS Care For Foreign Students & Immigrants / Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York / Us Crack Down On Illegal Nigerian Immigrants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 12, 2013
Re: . by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 12, 2013
Re: . by Allohrandy(m): 9:12am On Oct 12, 2013
so you want Nigerians in US to live redneck states like Mississippi, Alabama. Most of those small states are racist towards blacks. unlike liberal states like California, Texas, New York. you hardly see blacks in states like Alaska, North and South Dakota. I think most Nigerians settle in Texas, New York and California because they can easily network for jobs and get connections with fellow Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 12, 2013
Re: . by Allohrandy(m): 9:30am On Oct 12, 2013
stewie100: who told you all of that? thats the impression but its not reality.there are black people in Montana,Alaska,Oregon,Washington etc,if nigerians and other immigrants move to the aforementioned places the racist or whatever will get used to it and there are more opportunities.don't be a coward.always have a good attitude,be an upright patriotic citizen, dont throw african parties or hang nigerian flag on your porch.,dont behave like a gangster,no one likes gangsters.be humble and you will be fine.
The black population in some of those states is less than 3%. you hardly see blacks living in rural part of America. most blacks live in inner cities.please don't sterotype black people in America. I live in a predominately black city and not all black Americans are ghetto or gangsta. Just like not all white people are redneck or white trash living in trailer park.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 12, 2013
Re: . by Allohrandy(m): 9:47am On Oct 12, 2013
stewie100: I know that that not all whites are redneck and not all blacks are ghetto,there are numerous wealthy black towns. Atlanta is a successful black city.i was mainly referring to young nigerian immigrants who try to act like the black american stereotype
A young Nigeria immigrant would rather go to Houston or NY because that is where he can easily get job. most of those states you mention are mostly agricultural states and there are few industries or companies. how many young Nigerians would want to farm in America? Maybe you should relocate to Montana, Dakota or Alaska for a month then you will understand what I am trying to tell you.
Re: . by Lucasbalo(m): 9:59am On Oct 12, 2013
Chicago is one of the best cities in US. The only downside is the coldness during winter.
Re: . by Allohrandy(m): 10:02am On Oct 12, 2013
Lucasbalo: Chicago is one of the best cities in US. The only downside is the coldness during winter.
Chiraq ain't safe to raise a family
Re: . by lymelyte(m): 10:09am On Oct 12, 2013
stewie100: who told you all of that? thats the impression but its not reality.there are black people in Montana,Alaska,Oregon,Washington etc,if nigerians and other immigrants move to the aforementioned places the racist or whatever will get used to it and there are more opportunities.don't be a coward.always have a good attitude,be an upright patriotic citizen, dont throw african parties or hang nigerian flag on your porch.,dont behave like a gangster,no one likes gangsters.be humble and you will be fine.
Very true
Re: . by tpia5: 4:38pm On Oct 12, 2013
if you dont see black americans in a place, you're not likely to see non-black americans there either.

as far as black immigration goes.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 13, 2013
Re: . by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 13, 2013
Re: . by souleymon(m): 4:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
where you dey live.

would you be stupid to live in a place you can't adapt or connect.

this is a baseless post
Re: . by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
Re: . by souleymon(m): 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
cheesy

like I said it's a baseless post.

would you live where you don't have access to

things of your benefit.

would live a place you can't easily navigate without assistance.

You settle where your people settle, where there would be acceptance.

yeye dey smell, what's bringing insult..

I careless if you were born there, those that make you

insult an elderly person like me

(1) (Reply)

Please Do We Have Any Nairalander In Grenada / Has Anyone Flown With Rwanda Airline To Dubai Recently? / Anyone With Info About Going To Dakar In Senegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.