Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,810 members, 7,813,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home (6838 Views)

Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. / APGA Rounds Up Campaign At Nnewi Triangle, Ojukwu's Country Home(Pictures/Video) / Gunmen Attack Ex-militant Country Home In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by yunglykmine(m): 9:11am On Oct 12, 2013
The Sokoto State Coordinator of UNDP, Alhaji Abubakar Sadiq, has been found dead in his hometown, Yabo, in Yabo Local Government Area of the state.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that he was said to have been missing since Wednesday, Oct. 9.

The late UNDP boss was also until his death the Chairman of the recently inaugurated Sokoto State Project Monitoring and Verification Committee.

Sadiq was also a father-in- law to the state Commissioner for Local Governments and Community Development, Alhaji Faruk Malami.

NAN further gathered that the deceased was living with his family in his Sokoto city home.

He was, however, said to visit his house in Yabo about three times a week to see his relatives.

“He has specific days of coming here, he can come at any time, stay at his house alone, most times reciting the Holy Qur’an,” one of his sons in-law, who sought anonymity, told NAN in Yabo on Friday. .

His elder brother, Alhaji Muhammadu Muntari, also said that the wife of the deceased had called them in the early hours of Thursday hinting that her husband was missing.

He said: “his wife called me in the early hours of yesterday (Oct. 10) that Sadiq did not sleep at home, which was very unusual and that he could not be reached on his phones as they were all switched off.

“I and some of our relatives left for Sokoto to join the in the search only to receive another call that his car was sighted, parked outside his Yabo residence.

“When we got there, we met all the doors of the house opened only to find his dead body arranged on one of the cushions.

“We saw some black spots around his neck and bruises all over his face, suggesting that he was beaten before been strangled’’, he said.

Muntari said they could not understand the cause of his death.

“Apart from his phones, nothing was removed from the house. We have left everything in the hands of God the Almighty’’, he said in an emotion-laden voice.

One of the sons of the deceased, Sadiq, said that he spoke with his father about a week ago.

“My father was humble and very religious. He always encouraged us to follow his footsteps.

“My last words with him was about a week ago, then I was away from Sokoto when he called to find out about my condition’’, Abubakar said.

The spokesman for the state police command, DSP Al-Mustapha Sani, confirmed the story to NAN in Sokoto on Friday .

Sani said the command had since dispatched a team of crack detectives and investigations to the scene.

“The Police will intensify investigations to unravel the mystery behind the death’’, he said. (NAN)

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/10/12/sokoto-undp-coordinator-found-dead-in-country-home/
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by LMAyedun(m): 9:43am On Oct 12, 2013
I smell assassination... R I P man.
Nigeria is no more safe.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by skullz: 10:15am On Oct 12, 2013
RIP
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by fuckluv(f): 10:15am On Oct 12, 2013
And now the scores continue
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by Sermwell(m): 10:15am On Oct 12, 2013
Ok
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 12, 2013
2015 things every1 is bringing out what they have, if your own is not strong better go to india. Rip sir. But has anyone noticed our top officials dying one by one dis days?

1 Like

Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by khaz(m): 10:19am On Oct 12, 2013
Ina lillah Wa Ina Ilayhi Rajiun (We all are 4rm Allah nd 2 Him we shall return)
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by Henrick007: 10:19am On Oct 12, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Nigeria is no more safe.
which country is safe?
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by skyscraperTM(m): 10:25am On Oct 12, 2013
rip

why so many sad stories on the front paqe today, also, where is all nairalanders?!
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by fuckluv(f): 10:42am On Oct 12, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
rip

why so many sad stories on the front paqe today, also, where is all nairalanders?!
They have gone to pay a condolence visit to the coordinator's family.

What are u still waiting for

1 Like

Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by LMAyedun(m): 10:56am On Oct 12, 2013
Henrick007: which country is safe?
If you ask me, na who I go ask?

There are safer countries... The rate at which we say 'R I P' is higher this days in Nigeria.
Either, 17 killed in car accident in Kwara state, 105 died in plane crash in Lagos or Boko Haram murdered 65 student in Yobe.. So much untimely deaths.
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by Ilaje44(m): 10:58am On Oct 12, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Nigeria is no more safe.

Nigeria was never safe. It's just gotten worst in the last 28 years. It used to be better. The Nigerian police Force is not in any way capable of helping the situation. Their method of investigation is archaic just like many many things about Nigeria. It's really pathetic.
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by LMAyedun(m): 11:03am On Oct 12, 2013
Ilaje44:

Nigeria was never safe. It's just gotten worst in the last 28 years. It used to be better. The Nigerian police Force is not in any way capable of helping the situation. Their method of investigation is archaic just like many many things about Nigeria. It's really pathetic.
So much preventable deaths this days.. Nigeria used to be safer. The Evil we do in this country ehn. undecided
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by drdams: 11:24am On Oct 12, 2013
Death don turn lottery!
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by BANKS4U2NV: 11:50am On Oct 12, 2013
Rest in peace Sir cry cry
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by comrChris(m): 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
but y always north?what can they say is really their problem self?anyway Rip 2 d dead
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by Caleboha(m): 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
38 years in power and the North remains the least developed, least educated, most retrogressive region in Nigeria! The most dangerous job in Northern Nigeria today is to be a politician, no matter how lowly placed otherwise a mere UNDP coordinator shouldn't be a target. No reputable charity organisations, orphanages, scholarships by any well meaning northern leaders. All they do is drop peanuts as zakkat to beggars outside the mosque while the multitude wallow in poverty. The weight of Abacha's wealth is yet uncertain. Point to one significant, life transforming, poverty eradicating project he carried out for his brothers? Blinded by bigotry and ethnic bias, most northerners have so far seen their leaders as heroes but this is fast changing! Northern leaders now live in perpetual fear, they're now facing the monsters they created.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by Caleboha(m): 12:38pm On Oct 12, 2013
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by Aromas: 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
Wait why is it dat I always make front page on dead body news like dis? Lord I dey fear 2 comment on nairaland now owink
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by Stanley419: 1:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
Naso we dey hearam every day
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by alotofgrace(m): 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
did he resfuse to pay his bh dues? undecided
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2013
Slump, die in his/home is now common. Rip to d dead
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by Gayigaskia(m): 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2013
comrChris: but y always north?what can they say is really their problem self?anyway Rip 2 d dead

You must be so blinded by regionalism cause you don't see all the arm robberies kidnaping and juju killings in your region!
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by SANdos: 7:18am On Oct 13, 2013
some safe pass some.
Henrick007: which country is safe?
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by Satguru: 7:31am On Oct 13, 2013
SSS is ur work now. Track all the LAST CALLS to his number few hours before his death. There could be a way out.
Re: Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home by SHAAWA: 8:20am On Oct 13, 2013
May his soul rest in peace. May our last days be the best part of our lives.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!! New Ministers To Be Announced Tomorrow, Falana Makes List!! / / BIAFRA: Please Read What Guardian News Reported In 1967

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.