Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,981 members, 7,863,484 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:44 PM

What If This Happens To You? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What If This Happens To You? (690 Views)

Internet Evicted:what Happens To Oluwaseun Osewa?? / If This Happens To You What Will You Do? / What Happens To Youwin4 If GEJ Doesn't Win? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What If This Happens To You? by nwaimoroseyaho: 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2013
STOP COMPLAINING YOU HAVE NOT WORKED IN THIS OFFICE FOR A DAY

After so many years of selfless service, no promotion and no salary increment and you decide to confront your oga @ the top and the following conversation takes place...
YOU; Sir am worried about my condition of work here. After all these years i know i deserve some form of salary increment and promotion.
MANAGER; Hmm! you have not worked in this office for even a day. Let me ask you, how many days make up a year?
YOU; 365 and sometimes 366 sir...
MANAGER; You know some mathematics. Now tell me, how many hours do we have in a day and how many hours do you work in a day?
YOU; We have 24 hours in a day and i work for 8 hours everyday sir..
MANAGER; That means you only work for 1/3 of 24hours which is 8hours. Therefore 1/3 of 366days is 122days, which means we have 122days to discus.
YOU; OK sir..
MANAGER; How many weeks do we have in a year?
YOU; 52 Weeks sir..
MANAGER; You know that you dont work on saturdays and sundays these 2 days (i.e sat and sun) x 52 weeks = 104 days. Therefore 122days -104 days will leave us with 18 days
YOU; Go ahead sir.
MANAGER; I give you 14days annual leave which you know very well, so 18days-14days annual vacation leaves us with 4days right?
YOU; Yes sir.
MANAGER; Do you work on christmas day?
YOU; No sir.
MANAGER; Do you work on new year's day (i.e ist day of the year)?
YOU; No sir.
MANAGER; How many days are left?
YOU; 2DAYS Sir.
MANAGER; Do you work on the democracy day?
YOU; No sir.
MANAGER; Do you work on the national day (i.e ist october)?
YOU; No sir.
MANAGER; So how many days are left?
YOU; None sir.
MANAGER; So what are you claiming?
YOU; Sorry sir, thank you for all the money you have been giving me.

WAKE UP, ITS JUST A DREAM

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For Students And Graduates Of Agricultural Economics And Extension / Learn How To Make Money Through Fish Breeding / Nairaland Moderator: What Does It Mean? Can You Become One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.