Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Analytical Look At Selling Your Soul - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Analytical Look At Selling Your Soul (723 Views)

Is It Possible To Sell Your Soul To The Devil? / Your Soul Is More Precious Than The Whole World / Does God Care About Your Health As Much As Your Soul? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Analytical Look At Selling Your Soul by ProfessorD(m): 2:36pm On Oct 12, 2013
I was first going to start the thread to hear if
there's any truth or fact behind the Urban Legend that David Copperfield sold his soul to the devil,
in exchange for his "magical powers", and cutting off part of his pinkie to show his devotion to Satan.
But then I thought about it a bit. Can you actually sell your soul to the devil?

1. First you need to believe that you actually have a soul.

2. Secondly you need to believe that the devil \Satan\Lucifer exists. Which is a bit controversial because if you believe in the devil, then you'll probably believe in hell and everything that come with the package. I.e. who in his right mind is up for torture, pain and torment for the rest of eternity?
3. So you decide you want to sell your soul to the devil... How do you contact him? Is there a hotline to hell...? (Hope someone got that one... F )

4. OK, so you phone up the devil and he actually answers. Who says he wants to buy your soul? If you are a Christian (or one of the other religions), then you believe that your God/god is your saviour. If not, then you are going to hell anyway.
So in order for the devil to be up for the
transaction, then you must have a valuable soul to buy, right? Like, let's say the Pope. But then if the Pope decides to sell his soul to the devil, then he would by definition not be a Christian anymore, i.e. the devil has claim to his soul anyway! Sounds like a catch 22...

5. Say you convince the devil that you have a soul worth buying, would the price be right? Would he buy your soul for $10,000,000? Or would you need to negotiate the price? Would you end up
paying with your soul and a left arm for
$3,000,000 and the ability to charm any girl? And what's the current going price for souls anyway?

6. OK, so you sold your soul and your left arm for a couple of greenbacks... You spend it all in a year, end up on the street, and realize that you are now screwed. Can you go confess your sins before God/your god and you get your soul back?
Or is there no turning back once you sold your soul, no matter how much you pray or accept Jesus or one of the other gods as your Saviour?

To me it looks a bit over the top to try and sell your soul to the devil. He would be a fool to buy anyone's soul... (Dare I say that!?) To the occultists: Is it really possible to sell your soul to the devil or any other being - human or non- human - for that matter?
Are there actually any records of people selling their souls to the devil? There's the legend of Faust or Faustus, that Fiddle player down in Georgia, David Copperfield, a new entry on the list, David Blaine and then we saw it on the movie
Bedazzled as well... To name but a few.
But where do all of these legends come from? Folklore or actual historic events?
Re: Analytical Look At Selling Your Soul by Sheenor: 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2013
Professor D.:

Say you convince the devil that you have a soul worth buying, would the price be right? Would he buy your soul for $10,000,000? Or would you need to negotiate the price? Would you end up
paying with your soul and a left arm for
$3,000,000 and the ability to charm any girl? And what's the current going price for souls anyway?
I can sell mine for $10,000,000....NoP... grin
Re: Analytical Look At Selling Your Soul by ooman(m): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2013
I'll gladly give up my soul for $10m, considering i have no soul in the first place...
Re: Analytical Look At Selling Your Soul by PastorOluT(m): 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
If only u understand?
Re: Analytical Look At Selling Your Soul by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
conspiracy theorists screaming illuminati they don't believe there's much skill in the human body , unlettered believers all over the world have been fooled in to believing that crap used to believe the shii sometime ago , what you don't know is that you're actually helping the rap artistes get promos they never paid for and they knlw this as a fact so they continue to give such symbols in their videos and one lazy ass fundamentalist starts writing BS about it

u need to ask yourself these questions

1. Where and when did they meet the devil to effect thr transaction

2. Why should i believe the illuminati are bad guyz ? based on news and info i can't verify independently it's like never meeting Seun Osewa but believing he his a bad dude based on hearsay and whatever i hear ppl say

3. Of what service are they gonna be to the devil in hypothetical hell? sing? dance? i wanna know and what's in it for the devil since the suffering would be so bad in the said hell that he would be unconscious of what need are the souls he bought?
Re: Analytical Look At Selling Your Soul by engrtee(f): 6:57pm On Oct 12, 2013
Only those involved can realy testify
Re: Analytical Look At Selling Your Soul by ProfessorD(m): 7:19pm On May 03, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Miracle In Israel As Nigeria Delegation Visits / Must Read For All Ministers' Of The Gospel (about Doctrinal Engagements) / One Word For Atheists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.