Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,363 members, 7,836,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

I Need Dvd That Can Play For More Than 6 Hours - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Need Dvd That Can Play For More Than 6 Hours (931 Views)

Need: Small DVD Player With USB That Can Play Mp4 Video From Flash To TV Screen / Who Can Play Fela Better: Chiwetel Ejiofor Or Dede Mabiaku? / New Movie “6 Hours To Christmas” Starring Chris Attoh And Damilola Adegbeti By (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Dvd That Can Play For More Than 6 Hours by iluvnet(m): 1:19am On Jul 03, 2008
hi everyone,
I belive i should be able to get help here on this forum.

I am in need of blank DVDs that can play movies for more than 6 hours. I suppose it is called DVD9, I am not sure. But its like the DVD containing 40 or more filsm that we use to buy in the market.

I want a blank dvd for religious purpose. If you know anything abou this please help me out.

Thanks.
Re: I Need Dvd That Can Play For More Than 6 Hours by Seun(m): 7:24am On Jul 03, 2008
Any DVD can play for 6 hours if you encode at a sufficiently low bitrate, but I understand your question: You want to buy double layer DVDs.

First, you will need a DVD recorder that supports that. As for the recordable DVDs, you can import order them through sites like amazon.com and a drop shipping service like orderbay (or Graphcard).
Re: I Need Dvd That Can Play For More Than 6 Hours by iluvnet(m): 9:11pm On Jul 05, 2008
hi seun, thanks for your reply.

However, I want to ask: how do the people selling these dvds to us in nigeria get theirs. Let me explain myself more. We have a special chruch programme in our church that last for three days at two hours, thrity minutes a day. Now, instead of having a cd/dvd for each day, I am thinking of having all the 3 days programme in one dvd plate so that people can watch all the 3 days programme at a go.

I have bought some dvds in the market in which you have 40 or 20 films inside, so i reason that it must be possible to have all the 3 days programme in one dvd.

Please help me! Also, where in nigeria can I get them as i don't have the facility yet to order for them through amazon.com

Thanks
Re: I Need Dvd That Can Play For More Than 6 Hours by Seun(m): 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2008
Those 40 in 1 movie DVDs are pressed in commercial factories in Asia and then imported. I don't think people sell double sided DVDs in Nigeria.

To squeeze the 3 day programme into one DVD, your best bet is to edit it down to under 3 hours. Nobody is going to sit down for 7.5 hours watching people singing hymns, introducing the speaker, et cetera, even if it fits the DVD.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Remember The Famous Samurai X / Time For Nigeria Vice Presidential Debate / "Phillipino Movies". Do They Really Suck?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.