Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 (13536 Views)

Fed Cup Final 2015: Lobi Stars Vs Akwa United (1 - 2) On November 22nd, 2015 / The Super Eagles Training For The Friendly Match Against Belgium (Photos) / Super Eagles To Play Ghana In Friendly Match On 7th November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by collynzo2(m): 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2013

The Super Eagles will play Italy in London on November 18, as the African champions begin in earnest their preparations for the 2014 FIFA World Cup finals. In a statement in Addis Ababa on Sunday, moments after the Super Eagles secured a 2-1 win over

Ethiopia to put a firm leg in the 2014 World Cup, the Nigeria Football Federation and its match agent, Jairo Pachon of Eurodata Sport announced:

“We are pleased to confirm a top international friendly match, against world’s number four, Italy, on the 18th November, 2013 at Fulham’s Craven Cottage.

The match will kick-off at 7.45pm.” “We are also happy to confirm a match for our Super Eagles home team against Jordan in Oman on the 28th October. This match will serve Jordan to prepare for their World Cup play-off match against Uruguay will also help Nigeria to prepare for next year's African Nations Championship.”

www.kickoffnigeria.com/mobile/news/38080/nigeria-to-play-italy-and-jordan-in-friendlies
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by lexyman(m): 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
Nice one !let the World Cup preparation begin.

I know other highly rated team will love to play us soon ...i wish we will play Germany , Netherland, Columbia and one strong team from Africa again ,either Ghana , Egypt or Algeria .

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by dejijohns(m): 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2013
Nyc1, dey shld try nd fix friendly wit Belgium too.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
The date is to close to our last qualifying match, which is scheduled for Nov 16. 19th would be a better date.
All the same, it's good that the NFF were able to secure a friendly with such a high profile team.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by adegwurulez(m): 10:54pm On Oct 13, 2013
we need more of this

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by Tolexander: 10:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
Hope it isn't one of the friendly matches that will be postponed few days before the schedule!
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by sCun: 11:04pm On Oct 13, 2013
Tolexander: Hope it isn't one of the friendly matches that will be postponed few days before the schedule!
Present NFF doesn't do that ish. They are good!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by striker9(m): 11:11pm On Oct 13, 2013
I hope our boys will be able to play well,considering the short time after WCQ.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by Forzap: 11:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
EMENIKE V BALOTELI cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
Na wa o. Can these guys handle Italy? The Azzurri don't mess around.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
ROSSIKE: Na wa o. Can these guys handle Italy? The Azzurri don't mess around.

the real question is.. can they handle us?

17 Likes

Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by oyunoyun: 3:01am On Oct 14, 2013
It is good to play a friendly match why not have one before the Nov 16 qualifier, or make sure they qualify first before thinking of friendly except if it doesnt matter if they qualify or not, or do they think they already qualify, see me see people oooh, it is not over yet until the final whistle against Ethiopia in 2nd leg
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by Nobody: 6:05am On Oct 14, 2013
Tolexander: Hope it isn't one of the friendly matches that will be postponed few days before the schedule!

My thoughts exactly...I dont think that date is good for the team and i hope it doesnt get cancelled.
How do you play italy in london just 2 days after ethiopias match?.
They play ethiopia on the 16th..then rush back to london on the 17th and play italy on the 18th..
I hope they know what they are doing and i hope they have or would,ve sorted immigration issues for the likes of Oboabona,musa and those not playing in the Uk.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by collynzo2(m): 7:14am On Oct 14, 2013
oyunoyun: It is good to play a friendly match why not have one before the Nov 16 qualifier, or make sure they qualify first before thinking of friendly except if it doesnt matter if they qualify or not, or do they think they already qualify, see me see people oooh, it is not over yet until the final whistle against Ethiopia in 2nd leg
They cannot play one before NoV 16 and it's normal for teams to fix friendly matches that will take place after an important match. Moreover, there is no way Ethiopia can win us by 2 unreplied goals in Calabar. Even the devil knows that we are in Brazil already.

6 Likes

Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by sweetiePe(f): 10:20am On Oct 14, 2013
Super Eagles to confront Italy in London two days after second leg against Ethiopia

The Nigeria Football Federation and the Italian FA have agreed on a friendly match between both countries to take place in London

With the 2014 World Cup almost guaranteed, the Nigeria Football Federation has agreed for the Super Eagles to play the Azzuri of Italy in London on November 18.

The African champions will take on Ethiopia in the second leg of the African World Cup qualifier in Calabar on November 16 and will fly straight to London for the Monday confrontation with the Italians.

Italy will play Germany take at San Siro in Milan on November 15 as the FIGC confirmed the dates for the international friendlies that will take place during the World Cup play-offs.

Both teams first and only meeting to date was at the 1994 World Cup in USA with the Italians handing a 2-1 defeat to the Super Eagles in the second round after leading for close to 88 minutes

More Updates>>>www.rosyside.com/discussion.htm
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by Sermwell(m): 11:47am On Oct 14, 2013
K
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by peleson: 11:56am On Oct 14, 2013
Good. After italy, spain , after spain, brazil, after brazil, Ecuador, after then world finals . Must get to the finals!
No country in the world has won a world cup with a foreign coach.
Keshi, repeat afcon feat in the world cup.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by Dannyxy(m): 11:58am On Oct 14, 2013
Nice,no more time for mediocrity,we need to play the best of best to be best of the best~oluwa is involve
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 14, 2013
they
just want to kill this boys, why fix a friendly with italy on the 18th?
after they play on the 16th, they wont rest instead they will
immediately pack their luggages and fly over to london and still they
wont rest for upto 48hours and play italy.. hmmmm. i just hope they
realise their mistake and postpone this match to 20 or thereabout.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by hafisville(m): 11:59am On Oct 14, 2013
Our last qualifying match is 16th in calabar and we wanna play friendly match on the 18th in london shocked....scam friendly match abeg.....just a day in between.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by Wizdray: 11:59am On Oct 14, 2013
Alryt, lets c hw it gonna go then
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by Ajibel(m): 12:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
We've been yearning for a top-friendly, nau we've got it. Super eagles are too good not to win this. #optimistic
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by ortopazz(m): 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
My thoughts. . .
Nice game, bad timing!. . We play Ethiopia after that they are rushed to England, Italy will rest 3days to their game, we will have just a day to do so. . .
In as much As I believe that we can contain the Azurris, i dont want fatigue to be an issue and it may have a backleash on our rankings'.matter of fact I dont want to gv those glanians an excuse 4 taming this italianos.
Nevertheless, hope the glanians will watch us play good soccer while Emenike shows Balotelli 'who ghetto pass'.
And Oboboana will show venger why he needs no trial to play for gunners!
African Champs una headt dey dia. .

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by Ajibel(m): 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
Some folks are still saying we should wait till after we've qualified... I wan to laff.. Even ethiopia won't overturn the first leg defeat in calabar.. Haha.. !!
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by Sanuzi(m): 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
IT REALLY MAKE SENSE THEY SHOULD NOT ONLY B AFRICAN CHAMPION BUT WORLD CHAMPION AFTER THE 3--O TRASHING BY SPAIN LET TRY EUROPEAN COUNTRIES TO DETERMINE OUR STRENTH
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by Soso990240(m): 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
Oyah..!Italy come collect una own..i so much believe in this set of Eagles. cool

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by Zenanted(m): 12:11pm On Oct 14, 2013
No need to panic, its a friendly match remembr? not a competitive match, many players can be introduced in the game when others are tired.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nice one
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by Soso990240(m): 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
dejijohns: Nyc1, dey shld try nd fix friendly wit Belgium too.
Italy is good and better than Belgium..good for super eagles.
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by sCun: 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
We can move the Ethiopia game forward to Friday November 15th or play the Italy match on Tuesday 19th if it is a FIFA approved date. I think playing the Ethiopia match on Friday is more feasible. Many teams do it!
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by YinkaOddy: 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
You need financial aid, sign up now and earn cool money - http:///API-Employ/?id=Yeencah
Re: Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2013
sCun: We can move the Ethiopia game forward to Friday November 15th or play the Italy match on Tuesday 19th if it is a FIFA apporved date. I think playing the Ethiopia match on Friday is more feasible. Many teams do it!
I'll prefer the Italy game be moved to Tuesday, Nov 19th.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Are The Biggest Prospects In The Golden Eaglets? / Flying Eagles Arrive Burundi Ahead Of CAF U-20 Championship / Armed Robbers Attack Kano Pillars Players, Officials In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.