Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,435 members, 7,819,581 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Work Without Pay - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Work Without Pay (854 Views)

Suggestions On Reputable Oil & Gas Companies To Voluntarily Work 4 (without Pay) / Working For Five Months Without Pay / I Got A Job Without Pay Package. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Work Without Pay by jokeade1(f): 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2008
I worked in this office around ogudu, 3 months ago without them paying me. They never told me b4 starting the job that they dont have money presently. No explanation was given to me in the first month. After leaving there, i keep calling them, and they keep posting me and lying. The day i went there to collect the money,they told me , I am only entitle to one month that they will use the second one in lieu of notice.

The funniest thing is that, while i was there, i use my money to run expenses for them. Which they now get to return later. I even borrowed the Md N500.00 and he has nt given me back.

I am yet to collect the money from them cos i left their office in anger.

what do u suggest i do to them?
Re: Work Without Pay by MyPeace(f): 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2008
lf u dont mind whats the name of the company, so that we can beware?

was the one month in lieu of notice stated in ur employment letter?
Re: Work Without Pay by jokeade1(f): 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2008
the name is africa asia global services. It wasnt stated in the appointment letter. Those guys are just fraud.
Re: Work Without Pay by olabello(m): 12:17pm On Jul 04, 2008
Hi Joke,

Really fall pity for you O! I think its good as you have made their name public so the world will know. If it were in the developed economies, you can easily sur them. But I suggest you report them to the NLC - Nigeria Labour Congress. Guess the company is all this lebanese firms that treat their staff anyhow.

Try and get another job, search vacancies and visit www.netserveafrica.com for job alert and career information.

Best regards
Re: Work Without Pay by jokeade1(f): 12:29pm On Jul 04, 2008
The firm is a nigerian firm. The brother to the Md is my friend. since then, that one has stopped calling
Re: Work Without Pay by MyPeace(f): 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2008
its quite unfortunate. Just collect whatever they want to give you and move on with your life. Your future doesnt rest on them.

(1) (Reply)

Be Your Own Boss To Day By Sarting Up A Business With Little A Capital.xxxx / I Need Ur Help / Building Contract: A Professional Bill Of Quantity!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.