Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,225 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee (21396 Views)

PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North / Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east / APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by atlwireles: 1:49am On Oct 14, 2013
THERE are strong indications that the All Progressives Congress (APC) has zoned its Vice Presidential slot to the South West while the Northern part of the country is to produce the presidential standardbearer of the party.

The national leader of the party, Senator Bola Tinubu is also reported to have abandoned his rumoured vice presidency bid and is now said to be shopping for the right nomination to team up with whoever emerges as the party presidential candidate.

These were said to be the outcome of series of nocturnal political consultations which took place within and outside the country when the former Lagos state governor was on medical treatment in both the United Kingdom and the United States.

Impeccable party source told the Nigerian Tribune that the unofficial decision to concede the vice presidency to the South West rather than the South East was because of the zone‘s strength within the party while the north is naturally primed to produce the standardbearer.

Tinubu, since returning from the medical trip is reported to have commenced search for a suitable nominee for the vice presidency which many insiders believe was his prerogative since he would have emerged the running mate but for what the source called sensitive considerations.

The consultation was reported to center on alleged condition given the party leader that whoever is to be nominated from the South West should be a Christian as the party is said to be oppose to a Muslim muslim ticket.

Contrary to expectation that the Lagos State governor, Raji Fashola may pick the Vice Presidency, Nigerian Tribune was told that the religious consideration has knocked all four South West governors of the party out of considerations.

Tinubu and his inner circle are said to have subsequently crafted criteria to be used in making the nomination from the zone. Among the conditions are that the nominee must be a Christian grounded in the politics of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), that he or she must have served in senior governmental capacity like minister, governor or senator and that he must have national name appeal.

A party source in Abuja told the Nigerian Tribune that “Asiwaju is in charge as far as South West is concerned. He actually raised the idea with a senator second day after his return into the country. I cannot say however whether a name has been agreed on or not,” the source said.

www.tribune.com.ng

4 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by IGBOSON1: 1:53am On Oct 14, 2013
Is this supposed to be news!? Like we didn't see it coming! smiley

16 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Ngwakwe: 2:10am On Oct 14, 2013
What kind rumour be this?

This was never the bargain. An inside source can authoritatively affirm that the Vice Presidential slot was promised to the South East if they can form an APC political bloc (no matter how little) and this necessitated the fractionation of APGA.

What then becomes of my boss Rochas Okorocha?

atlwireles: THERE are strong indications that the All Progressives Congress (APC) has zoned its Vice Presidential slot to the South West while the Northern part of the country is to produce the presidential standardbearer of the party.
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by 88natzy(m): 2:26am On Oct 14, 2013
Pointless.....no hard feelings.

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Tintinix: 2:34am On Oct 14, 2013
Ngwakwe: What kind rumour be this?

This was never the bargain. An inside source can authoritatively affirm that the Vice Presidential slot was promised to the South East if they can form an APC political bloc (no matter how little) and this necessitated the fractionation of APGA.

What happened??... Nothing new; only Used and Dumped!
Still we will not Learn!

Let's hope its rumour sha abi??

10 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Nobody: 2:36am On Oct 14, 2013
Anyone could have written this one year ago. This ain't news, tribune.

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Nobody: 3:51am On Oct 14, 2013
Rochas will port back to APGA...no vacancy. He will try the PDP...all available space filled. He will settle in Labour Party from where he will work for the President's re-election.
Why would a people that pride themselves as the most 'educated' tribe in Nigeria, surrender leadership to those that term themselves 'educationally less advantaged'?

21 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by nerodenero: 5:03am On Oct 14, 2013
I am still looking to see who can give PDP a run for their money but I'm yet to see.Why should the Presidential slot go to the north again and if that is the case,then they shouldn't present that Fulani man because if they do,I see Jonathan winning again.Does the SW have any christian that has the kind of weight and presence in politics to pull any support?APC is smply dead on arrival.

22 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by dayokanu(m): 5:07am On Oct 14, 2013
Looks like Kayode Fayemi or Adeniyi Adebayo might pick up the Vice Presidency
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by kenbee(f): 5:17am On Oct 14, 2013
Hmmmm! If this is true, then Rochas move is very imminent. THE BIGGEST POLITICAL PROSTITUTE. **watching with kin interest**

2 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Goddex: 5:25am On Oct 14, 2013
Ngwakwe: What kind rumour be this?

Bros leave, that greedy Tinubu plans to take the shot at VP himself.
He forgets that Nigeria is way beyond those sycophants that troop to welcome him at the airport each time he travels abroad.

Anyway, NO VACANCY IN ASO ROCK until 2019

28 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 14, 2013
Immediately I saw Tribune being the source of this news, I knew it must be a big LIE designed by their in house spin docors with no iota of closeness to the APC hierachy!!!

Yet some people have started going into overdrive mode to lash out at APC.....SMH

4 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Danhumprey: 5:55am On Oct 14, 2013
So,zoning do exist in APC?? Interesting! Well,if this news is anything to go by,then I feel sorry for the South East. They have been grossly marginalized. Many of them had hinge their hope on APC,but with this turn of event,these wouldn't be the best of time for them.
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by obitwo: 6:18am On Oct 14, 2013
The two regions that have the mass. A christian candidate from the middle belt with a SW muslim VP candidate will kill it

4 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by wordcat(m): 6:27am On Oct 14, 2013
Good Question

[quote
author=utumunta]Rochas will port back to APGA...no vacancy. He will try
the PDP...all available space filled. He will settle in Labour Party
from where he will work for the President's re-election.
Why would a people that pride themselves as the most 'educated' tribe in
Nigeria, surrender leadership to those that term themselves
'educationally less advantaged'?[/quote]
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 14, 2013
obitwo:

The two regions that have the mass. A christian candidate from the middle belt with a SW muslim VP candidate will kill it
Exactly@ but u can trust that the religiously fanatic 'core north' would never ascend to that demand, so long they are concerned, those middle beltans are 'willing minorities'. It's apparent they havent learnt a lesson from 2011, when Jonathan got all his Northern Votes from these people!

3 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 14, 2013
Rochas seemed to have forgotten the world famous saying "NEVER EVER TRUST A YORUBA MAN" smh for him. Ojukwu should have schooled him on that....

20 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 14, 2013
buchaisky: Rochas seemed to have forgotten the world famous saying "NEVER EVER TRUST A YORUBA MAN" smh for him. Ojukwu should have schooled him on that....
Little wonder he's now declaring his ambition to run for Governorship in 2015!
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by cashkid18(m): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2013
apc is already dead on arrival..they shud wait till gej completes his 2nd tenure.as for rochas,am sorry for him cuz there is no place for him in apc cuz he is irrelevant.he was jst bein used by Tinubu n buhari

6 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by seunfly: 6:52am On Oct 14, 2013
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by musiwa15: 6:55am On Oct 14, 2013
the apc is legally dead. tinubu knows that. he is just playing with your head.

2 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by WildChild00(m): 6:59am On Oct 14, 2013
dayokanu: Looks like Kayode Fayemi or Adeniyi Adebayo might pick up the Vice Presidency

But are they christains? As part of the requirement stated..
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by WildChild00(m): 7:05am On Oct 14, 2013
cashkid18: apc is already dead on arrival..they shud wait till gej completes his 2nd tenure.as for rochas,am sorry for him cuz there is no place for him in apc cuz he is irrelevant.he was jst bein used by Tinubu n buhari

Never be too quick to judge a book by its cover, it might just be some form of seculations frm the media.

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by tobnical(m): 7:45am On Oct 14, 2013
Fayemi on point!!!!!
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 14, 2013
I thought they would concede the VP slot to their dog Rotimi Ameshi; or does he hope to achieve his VP dream in the PDP?

3 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Tayeni(m): 8:05am On Oct 14, 2013
utumunta: Rochas will port back to APGA...no vacancy. He will try the PDP...all available space filled. He will settle in Labour Party from where he will work for the President's re-election.
Why would a people that pride themselves as the most 'educated' tribe in Nigeria, surrender leadership to those that term themselves 'educationally less advantaged'?
its not about the tribe, its about the personality and character of a leader my friend.

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by dridowu: 8:06am On Oct 14, 2013
Ok, oya let nominate
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by la1(m): 8:14am On Oct 14, 2013
...Speculation
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Nigerianmovie(m): 8:21am On Oct 14, 2013
APC please don't do this to Rochas...dont make him feel stupid. He has sacrificed so much now u are leaving him out. Its not good oh......Rochas for VP
hahahahahaha.......rochas i piri u......this is just the beginning.
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Brimmie(m): 8:22am On Oct 14, 2013
Lol.. See how dem dey beg for Rochas

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by OsunOriginal: 8:25am On Oct 14, 2013
Danhumprey: So,zoning do exist in APC?? Interesting! Well,if this news is anything to go by,then I feel sorry for the South East. They have been grossly marginalized. Many of them had hinge their hope on APC,but with this turn of event,these wouldn't be the best of time for them.

How has SE hinged their hope on APC? By supporting GEJ and all the bad GEJ stands for? And what hope are you talking about? Igbos and hope... I dey laugh...

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My People Were Neglected For 8 Years In Enugu – Ekweremadu / "I Will Renounce My Nigerian Nationality If.... - Aroms Aigbehi / Appeal Court Sacks Senate Minority Leader PDP's Mwadkwon, orders fresh election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.